DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
carlos_sama

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by carlos_sama »

Spimer wrote:I guess you mean Scarlet Showdown, although Akai didn't fend off the BO but the PSB (which Amuro belongs to).

After that begins the RUM arc, which is still ongoing.

The Detective Conan World wiki has a list of anime episodes and they signal which are plot-relevant and which not so you can use it as reference.
Thanks, it had been a long time and all I remembered was that they were wearing black.
They're really milking this story. It has been over 2 years since that episode aired and I only had to watch a handful to catch up
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

IIRC, Conan concluded that Sharon & Chris must be the one & the same person in hooligan case when Agasa gave him information found in net that Chris made her first public appearance on her mother's funeral, & by fact that Sharon was the only one who could have been Pisco's accomplice at Beika Hotel, right? Hmm, how did Jodie concluded that then that Vermouth was the one, when did she verified Vermouth's fingerprint? from Pisco's decoy Handkerchief? Must be since they anticipated that she will get rid of Araide to take his place all along, played with Vermouth's plan without her knowing, did FBI confirmed when they secretly raided her home, found Conan, Ran's image with caption cool guy, angel, Haibara's with dart? I kinda forgot...
BTW When in the timeline does the FBIーJodie, Akai chasing Vermouth's car scene saying destination Japan in http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... rned_Small take place, is it just before Vermouth flies to Japan to aid Pisco in http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... ganization? she comments at the end inside Gin's porsche 356-A that she's here in Japan to hunt the 'Kitty that has gotten away'
BTW but I think we will shortly see a second Ran's Suspicion Arc, in which she remembers Sharon's Handkerchief, Shin'ichi's Naniwa Amulet which contained his fingerprint as well, her suspicions about Sharon, Vermouth, Azusa's enigmatic words, Angel, Akai Shuichi, remember her encounter with Akai family, Conan's facisnation about Nanatsu no Ko, Eisuke's father's dial tone, Shin'ichi's sudden disappearance, his later temporary appearances once in a while, tries to join all hints, to make reasoning.....as well as Sera along with her mother might finally approach, ask to help them, blackmailing that she'll expose his true identity to Ran otherwise............
Last edited by CrimsonGenius on February 10th, 2018, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

CrimsonGenius wrote:IIRC, Conan concluded that Sharon & Chris must be the one & the same person in hooligan case when Agasa gave him information found in net that Chris made her first public appearance on her mother's funeral, & by fact that Sharon was the only one who could have been Pisco's accomplice at Beika Hotel, right? Hmm, how did Jodie concluded that then that Vermouth was the one, when did she verify Vermouth's fingerprint? from Pisco's decoy Handkerchief? I forgot...
If I remember correctly, in the Halloween episode Jodie verified that Sharon and Chris are the same exact person through fingerprints that were left on her father's old glasses, that she wears all the time. She somehow got Chris's fingerprint and compared them to the prints on the glasses, and when they matched she was puzzled because Chris would be too young 20 years ago, and she does remember seeing a woman, not a child. The main reason why she even matched the fingerprints is that Chris in her first appearance in her " Mother's funeral" used the same phrase that was used on young Jodie who just witnessed her fathers death and was almost murdered by the same women.
That's why Jodie asked vermouth how she never ages because she was sure that Chris Aka Vermouth is the same person, known as Sharon Vineyard

Vermouth goes on to confirm it or at least she commented that she searched for that girl who was not found in the remains of the burned house, who just happens to be Jodie.
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Question about the New Years Episodes... does anyone have a list of them? Well, if you don't then, can anyone explain how episode 804 is 2016 - 20th Broadcast Anni and then 845 is 2017 - entering 22nd Broadcast... where did 21 go? I would really appreciate any and all assistance with this question. I want the list too, if at all possible. Thank you very much in advance.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Maybe it's a mistake in the subs? 2017 was 21st anniversary of the anime since it began in 1996, and 2016 was the 20th anniversary indeed.

New years episodes' list (enclosed in spoiler for easier viewing):
Spoiler:
Episode 1 (08/01/1996)
Episode 43 (13/01/1997)
Episode 86 (12/01/1998)
Episode 129 (04/01/1999)
Episode 174 (03/01/2000)
Episode 219 (08/01/2001)
Episode 263 (07/01/2002)
Episode 304 (06/01/2003)
Episode 345 (05/01/2004)
Episode 384 (17/01/2005)
Episode 425 (09/01/2006)
Episode 460 (15/01/2007)
Episode 491 (14/01/2008)
Episode 521 (19/01/2009)
Episode 562 (16/01/2010)
Episode 601 (01/01/2011)
Episode 642 (07/01/2012)
Episode 681 (05/01/2013)
Episode 724 (04/01/2014)
Special 4: Happy New Year Kogoro Mouri (03/01/2015)
Episode 804 (09/01/2016)
Episode 845 (07/01/2017)
Episode 887 (06/01/2018)
Hope this is of help.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thank you so much, Spimer... you are always so very kind in offering your help. :)

Now that I think about it... it may be something like we finished the 21st anni and going into the 22nd... well that is all I think it could be.

Thank you always.
biosnake20

Post by biosnake20 »

Figured this was the best place to ask. What are the best episodes to watch that have come out in the past 2-3 years that aren't main plot episodes(because i've seen them already)?
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

biosnake20 wrote:Figured this was the best place to ask. What are the best episodes to watch that have come out in the past 2-3 years that aren't main plot episodes(because i've seen them already)?
The canon ones... Heiji episodes...
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

helo what is the Japanese writing in 946 p5
and 902 p14
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

mtcc wrote:helo what is the Japanese writing in 946 p5
and 902 p14
the one in File 946 says "Jinya inn", while the one in File 902 says "Tokiwa hotel" (according to recent translation fixes).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

hello, I have a question is Hyogo Kaneshiro and Genichirou Kaneshiro both surnames is the same Japanese kanji or differents kanji?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Yes, both have the same Kanji for "Kaneshiro":

金城玄一郎 -> Kaneshiro Genichirou
金城兵吾 -> Kaneshiro Hyougo

金城-> Kaneshiro is "gold" + "castle" so it means "Golden Castle".
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Hm Golden Castle. Like Renyas Castle in that Kid-Case. Maybe he is... oh wait its Gosho :-X
TML

Post by TML »

I'm not sure if this question had been asked years ago here or elsewhere on the web, so forgive me if it had already been asked before.

When Heiji initially appeared in the series, he viewed Shinichi as a rival, but after learning of Shinichi's shrinkage, they became friends.

This got me thinking: if Shinichi did not re-shrink, or if Heiji did not learn that Conan and Shinichi were one and the same, would Heiji still regard Shinichi as a rival, or would he have set aside that rivalry regardless?
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

TML wrote:I'm not sure if this question had been asked years ago here or elsewhere on the web, so forgive me if it had already been asked before.

When Heiji initially appeared in the series, he viewed Shinichi as a rival, but after learning of Shinichi's shrinkage, they became friends.

This got me thinking: if Shinichi did not re-shrink, or if Heiji did not learn that Conan and Shinichi were one and the same, would Heiji still regard Shinichi as a rival, or would he have set aside that rivalry regardless?
With all honesty, I think they are still rivals in one way or another,
They both seek the same thing, which is justice for the murdered, and justice to catch the criminal and put them behind bars,
I keep seeing a silent rivalry, where both of them try to reach to the truth before the others.

I think friends can still be rivals.
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet