DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

As requested by Jd-, this thread is dedicated to answering questions about Detective Conan. You might get your answer faster by searching the Detective Conan Wiki or searching the forums first. If the question or the answer involves manga cases that haven't been made into anime and been translated, please use a spoiler box as shown below.

Code: Select all

[spoiler=manga spoilers]This text will be hidden in spoiler boxes![/spoiler]
Spoiler: manga spoilers
This text will be hidden in spoiler boxes!
This thread is primarily meant for questions about Detective Conan. If you have questions about the Detective Conan Translation Project website itself or how to use it, please ask on the Issues & Suggestions board.

Questions about release dates are strongly discouraged, and no one will know the exact answer anyway.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on May 9th, 2013, 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an

Reserved for open questions that have not been answered yet to avoid them being forgotten...
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Post by xpon »

is it too much if we put a list of character that appears in DC in the first page?

and this will be a good thread!!! thanks for opening this. ;D
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

xpon wrote: is it too much if we put a list of character that appears in DC in the first page?

and this will be a good thread!!! thanks for opening this. ;D
Like this list? Or this one?

I have a question too, what chapter/case/episode does Haibara say the BO recruits young professionals?
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: I have a question too, what chapter/case/episode does Haibara say the BO recruits young professionals?
*waits for Chekhov to arrive to answer the question*

Oh, wait...

Seriously, though, I don't remember that at all.  :-\
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
sonoci
Everyone's Child

Post by sonoci »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: I have a question too, what chapter/case/episode does Haibara say the BO recruits young professionals?
I feel like I remember that, like it's just at the edge of my mind, but I'm just not sure.

I think I'm going to go look for that. ...I feel it was coupled with a bunch of silhouettes behind her

EDIT: Okay, I think I've at least narrowed it down. In file 377, Conan says that the BO "gather(s) talented computer programers". This leads me to believe that in something before the Itakura case (which 377 starts) is where she said the thing about the BO recruiting young professionals. Still looking though
Last edited by sonoci on February 18th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.Vineyard

Post by S.Vineyard »

I'm also not quite sure, but I believe it was during or after the BO case with Pisco in Vol. 24.

Edit: Ok, it wasn't in Vol. 24. So it have to be after the Desperate Revival.
Last edited by S.Vineyard on February 19th, 2012, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Based on an answer from another user, I discovered the line was from Countdown to Heaven, right after the BO finish planting bombs in the towers which is pretty much midway in the movie. *Is depressed the line wasn't from canon*
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote: Based on an answer from another user, I discovered the line was from Countdown to Heaven, right after the BO finish planting bombs in the towers which is pretty much midway in the movie. *Is depressed the line wasn't from canon*
It's a little depressing. But even the line was from the manga origin,  we can't jump to the conclusion that
Spoiler: manga spoilers
the strongest senpa was recruited by the BO (Though I am quite in favor of this theory), vice versa.
f(x)
killjoy

Post by f(x) »

i have a question, does gin know that vermouth is chris vineyard that become younger after taking aptx4869??
three cheers for sweet revenge
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Reozen wrote:
f(x) wrote: i have a question, does gin know that vermouth is chris vineyard that become younger after taking aptx4869??
Gin knows Vermouth is "Chris Vineyard" but we're not sure that she took Apoptoxin 4869 it could of been some other type of drug that she took to become ageless.  If the BO found out that she took Apopotoxin 4869 and hasn't aged then they would be tracking down the other people they gave the drug to.  Shiho's parent's could've been researching a way to prolong life and since Vermouth is the boss's favorite he/she might have let her be the first one to be the test subject it could be that Vermouth does age but quite slower than everyone else.
Well, and, as far as I know, it's unconfirmed whether Vermouth ever took APTX.  In fact, if she took anything, I doubt it was that.  If she had, and Gin knew about it, he probably wouldn't have used the drug on Shinichi waaaay back in the beginning.
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Misztina

Post by Misztina »

To make it short: we don't know, if Gin knows that Vermouth is Sharon nor that she is not ageing.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

What is Vodka's specialty, and how the hell did he get into the Black organization? For a clandestine group that's supposed to be full with elite operatives, this guy is a joke.

Just look at him.

"Sup."
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

They need his shiny bald head to blind people.

Or something like that.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

f(x) wrote: i have a question, does gin know that vermouth is chris vineyard that become younger after taking aptx4869??
Since other comments didn't make this clear, Gin knows Vermouth is Chris Vineyard because he picked her up at the mourning party. It is highly likely that he knows she is Sharon Vineyard as well. Besides being highly ranked and thus privy to some secrets, Gin talked to Vermouth about her disguising as a serial killer to lure out Akai out in NYC, something that happened while Sharon was active. Other people covered that Vermouth probably did not take APTX. If you want more info I strongly recommend the Vermouth wiki article.
ranger wrote: What is Vodka's specialty, and how the hell did he get into the Black organization? For a clandestine group that's supposed to be full with elite operatives, this guy is a joke.
For a serious response, this DCW thread: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/foru ... the-black/
Spoiler: copypasta response
Gin doesn't remember faces and doesn't seem to follow the news (red shirts post Teito bank heist). Basically Vodka makes up for Gin's weak points which means he is useful.

Also keep in mind Vodka is Gin's secretary. Presumably that means he helps make sure Gin's orders get relayed out to the right parties and coordinates people, but how many secretaries do you know who can also successfully participate in missions, run a blackmail, and shoot a gun semi accurately? (Please note an anime botch: in the manga version of Shiho case, Vodka pretty accurately shoots at adult height where Conan is standing behind the door - in the anime Vodka looks like an idiot because the animators mistook the drawings of the muzzle flash for wall impacts)
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on February 21st, 2012, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.