DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Shiho4869

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Shiho4869 »

Reader wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 2:50 am
Shiho4869 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 6:55 pm
Do you know what episode does this picture come from?
You can do reverse image search.
I did try on yandex, and found that that pic is in the intro of season 10 episode 22. But don't know where that scene is actually.
Thank you :)
xavaw81726

Post by xavaw81726 »

Hi there. I'm the guy who asked questions here a while ago and got successfully answered by a moderator. Thanks for that! I have returned with more questions to ask if there's no problem with that. It would be cool if the same moderator answers them again, please. I will ask the new questions alongside with the old ones just to get confirmation of them:
1. Who knows all of the future/ending of the series besides the author and all editors?
2. Is the only way to know the further story, the waiting for the next chapters to get released?
3. Is all of the manga and anime that we have of the series so far the entire story that we know so far?
4. When will we see the great events of the series that the author has never shown before?
5. Is the start of the series really 1994 with the start of the manga?
6. Has the series really been weekly ever since then to today?
7. Why hasn't the series never got completed in a lifetime with decades of production?
8. When and how will the series end according to you?
9) Why was Conan back to his former body at chapter 1000 and then got back to child? Sorry, I have never read nor watched the series so I don't really know nothing.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

1) Maybe some of the VAs or anime staff.

2) Gosho sometimes gives out hints in interviews or teased things in Let's Talk Day events.

3) Yes. The manga written by Gosho is the base of all the story. While sometimes anime adds extra scenes, those are not considered essential part of the story.

4) Whenever the author feels like it. Also, "great events" definition changes depending on the person. Whether what he writes fits one's expectations is another tale altogether.

5) Yes. The series began serializing in Weekly Shonen Sunday in January, 1994.

6) While the Shonen Sunday publishes almost all weeks of a year, the author often takes breaks between cases to research and write the next episodes at a more leisurely pace without so much stress of deadlines.

7) Isn't it obvious? Because it sells. As long as anything sells, those who own the rights wish to ride on that success as long as possible.

8) For me, it might take another few years depending on how much longer RUM arc extends, if there is a "Boss Arc", and what happens afterwards.

9) Basically, Conan has been able to go back to Shinichi several times thanks to prototype antidotes made by Haibara, who was a researcher in the Black Organization and who worked in the APTX 4869 drug that shrunk both him and her.
However, these antidotes have a time limit and taking too many of them in a row can shorten the time it's effective.
He also cannot stay in that form the whole time, because as soon as he appears, rumors might begin of him being alive again, drawing attention of BO and putting others in danger.

If you want to enjoy the series and understand current storylines, I recommend that you read the manga.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
calomit952

Post by calomit952 »

1. Does the series have a main plot or is it just individual independent cases? If it has one, then what is it?
2. How long do these individual cases last?
Thanks
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

1) The main plot is Conan & allies trying to figure out more about the "organization". But since the main purpose of the series is solving cases, this plot is of secondary importance in terms of author's priorities. It moves forward ocassionally.
2) The average individual case is 3 files (introduction, investigation, resolution). Of course, there might be cases that extend more (especially plot-important cases)
animefanwatcha

Post by animefanwatcha »

Besides Phantom of Baker Street, I could swear that Sherlock Holmes 'himself' made an appearance on the detective conan anime or one of the films. I don't mean an allusion or reference but the actual character. Am I remembering wrong?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Yes, Holmes himself only appeared in Phantom of Baker Street given how it's a virtual reality game.

Conan has no crossovers or time-jumping characters so while Conan / Shinichi talk about Holmes stories or the characters.
sayanyoo

Post by sayanyoo »

is dcworld down right now,will it be back
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

We are no affiliated to DCWorld so we aren't responsible for what happens to it

Also, this is thread for questions about Conan, not about other websites.
MaiAkikoChan

Post by MaiAkikoChan »

Hi, all. I'm new in this forum. But I have a question that I really, really can't find the answer through google.

So I just found out that back in 2021, there was a popularity contest for the anime openings and endings, held by YTV in the occasion of 1000th episodes. "The Best of OPED", it was titled. I got the website link of the event. Found some news articles in regards to it. I saw that on March 2021 the results would be announced, but nowhere I found a legit article that summarizes/lists the results of the contest comprehensively. The best I could find was the trivia sections in each opening/ending webpages on DCWorld.

Does anyone know?
Is there like a gag order on this? Like, only YTV gets to show the results and the showing was very time-limited, that there shall be no publication by others and neither should it be public after YTV showed the results? That's kinda how I feel while searching for it.
I understand that I was too late, but still... One would have thought that such event would create some actual buzz and the results will be so anticipated for fans, if not at least for some fan videos of it on YouTube.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

To answers Conan2002’s question about Ohno retiring, his replacement seems to be Yugo Kanno movie-wise. Usually they start using the movie soundtracks after a year has passed so maybe Kanno will start making music for the anime sooner or later.
teniie2

Post by teniie2 »

At least, I believe I've narrowed it down. Conan claims that the BO "gather(s) excellent computer programmers" in file 377. This makes me think that she stated the statement about the BO hiring young people at some point before the Itakura case (which 377 starts). Yet I'm still looking
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

aaron_ouji wrote:
February 26th, 2023, 4:31 pm
To answers Conan2002’s question about Ohno retiring, his replacement seems to be Yugo Kanno movie-wise. Usually they start using the movie soundtracks after a year has passed so maybe Kanno will start making music for the anime sooner or later.
Thanks a-lot for the answer. Appreciate it a-lot. Since I don't think an OST has been made for the series specifically since 2007, I guess movie music is for now at-least how new music will be incorporated in the series, so yeah.
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

Conan2002 wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 8:27 pm
aaron_ouji wrote:
February 26th, 2023, 4:31 pm
Thanks a-lot for the answer. Appreciate it a-lot. Since I don't think an OST has been made for the series specifically since 2007, I guess movie music is for now at-least how new music will be incorporated in the series, so yeah.
Actually starting with episode 544, a whole OST’s worth of music was made but hasn’t been released.
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

Very interesting, ever since the wikia (Detective-Conan World) stopped listing the OSTs I couldn't keep-up, especially since I haven't watched every movie. You can't really blame them, since a-lot of the new music hasn't been made available (like the re-mixes of classic tracks).