[DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" for Nintendo DS (Coming June 29th!)

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Bonus omake elements added for fans to uncover throughout the game
:o Will we see screenshots of these too?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" for Nintendo DS (Coming June 29th!)

Post by Jd- »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
There may be a teaser, but we won't be directly showcasing any of the omake elements pre-release to preserve the surprise.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Jd- wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
There may be a teaser, but we won't be directly showcasing any of the omake elements pre-release to preserve the surprise.
I meant once the game is out, but that sounds cool :D
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I'm so excited! :D
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Magical Mystery
from "Phantom Thief Kid's Miracle Midair Walk"

Post by Magical Mystery »

Just a quick question here...
How big is file (in MB)?

I need to know if I have to remove some files to make room for it.
Life is just a magical mystery.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Magical Mystery wrote:Just a quick question here...
How big is file (in MB)?

The patched game will be under 50 MB, so I hope nobody's that stressed for space.
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
Jd- wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:
I meant once the game is out, but that sounds cool :D
I thinnnnk... we'll request that no one reveal exactly what those things are for a little while, since they're purely extras meant to surprise people. It'll be OK to reveal where to find them/how to experience them firsthand, but we ask everyone to not post screenshots/videos of them outright for at least a brief window around the time of release (of course, once it's out there, it'll be up to everyone to decide whether to follow that--it's just our request in the wild west at that point).
Magical Mystery
from "Phantom Thief Kid's Miracle Midair Walk"

Post by Magical Mystery »

Jd- wrote:
Magical Mystery wrote:Just a quick question here...
How big is file (in MB)?

The patched game will be under 50 MB, so I hope nobody's that stressed for space.
Thanks!
I have come across some sizable games for the DS (up to 256 MB), but a file that small leaves me nothing to worry about.
Some 3DS games can be up to 4GBs, but I really didn't expect anything that large for a regular DS game.

I was more concerned because I play them off of a flash drive and it's getting kind of full. When I don't play a game I'll put it in a storage file elsewhere.
Life is just a magical mystery.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Eight days remain! We'll have some sort of teaser up for each day leading up to the release.

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

At three separate points in the game, if you are on the lookout for them, you may encounter these three special omake/extra scenes that we have added to the game. You will know them when you see them (definitely). These are only meant for amusement but we expect everyone will find them enjoyable addition as they play through the game. Seven days left!

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

A quick reminder, as shown below: To fully complete the game, you have to play Chapter 7 from both perspectives (Conan & Kindaichi). The two stories are interwoven but feature different endings and resolutions.

Image Image Image
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Whee, hype!!!
There's a way to play this on the computer, right? And then when I figure out how to get it onto my DS I can do that later... right? Even if it means re-starting the game...

~_~* I'm supposed to be working on playing through Persona 4 Golden. ~_~* And Xenoblade Chronicles on the new3DS.... ~_~* I have a lot of games I haven't poked and ought to. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.