[DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
syuusuke09

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" for Nintendo DS (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by syuusuke09 »

kentasaiba wrote:Crap, don't have a picture on desemu, just sound)playing on laptop)
this what happened after i did it too. Just music playing but blank screen
syuusuke09

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" for Nintendo DS (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by syuusuke09 »

i just got it to work, i used my old desmume not my new downloaded one and it worked there
skyechan
Community Hero
"真実はいつも一つ!"

Post by skyechan »

*spots a B'z t-shirt in Fukado*

Jd-, your B'z fanboy is showing! *laugh* (I'm gonna make a wild assumption that wasn't in the original frame of the game.)
ImageImage
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Glad everyone's enjoying the game! Here are a couple of final notes:

— You can discuss the story/characters/cases in spoiler boxes in this topic in the General Discussion board.

— To preserve the surprise, we ask that you try not to give too much away about the omake/extra scenes should you find them in your first playthrough (obviously it's at your discretion; it's only our request and the game is now in everyone's hands). For those that miss them, don't fret! We'll be making them available on YouTube in time, for those that wish to see them that way.
Crazybluereview

Post by Crazybluereview »

Thank you for this translation DCTP! I've been looking forward to this for about 2 and 1/2 years. It seems very professional. Just as good as the Miles Edgeworth 2 translation.

For those who either don't have the game or can't get it running properly, I will be uploading a playthrough for those who would like to watch the game. The playlist with the first few videos is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAUJkZ ... 5xaJuYZUvI
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

skyechan wrote:*spots a B'z t-shirt in Fukado*

Jd-, your B'z fanboy is showing! *laugh* (I'm gonna make a wild assumption that wasn't in the original frame of the game.)
I think those were in the original game, actually o:
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:

Nope, it was added by us on an otherwise blank shirt to serve as an easter egg.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Jd- wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:

Nope, it was added by us on an otherwise blank shirt to serve as an easter egg.
Sneaky :P
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

MrDetective wrote:(removed)
Discussion thread about the game is here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12810
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

oops I thought that was the other thread

sorry
crazyclown

Post by crazyclown »

Very happy to see the project complete that started when I was actually part of the community then. Even though I have finished the game before, I will most likely play it one more time just to make sure I have not misunderstood the story as I am not a native speaker. Thank you to the DCTP team and although I hope to see more projects(whatever it may be), it probably(?) is the last one we will see from you guys which makes me sad. A big thanks for working so hard on it for us and the fans, Jd and the squad.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: [DCTP] "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files: Chance Encounter of 2 Great Detectives" (OUT NOW IN ENGLISH!)

Post by Jd- »

Apologies to those that lost posts in this topic with the recent forum move. As consolation, here are all three omake scenes on YouTube, along with some never-before-scene sprites that were later prepared by the artist but not included in the game.

Our Hidden Omake Scenes in Conan & Kindaichi DS

In the midst of working on the translation patch, we thought it would be fun to add in some familiar faces and create otherwise inconsequential encounters to surprise fellow fans with. This presented an additional challenge in that we were adding scripted elements to the game that were not otherwise present. We toyed around with this over the course of the project and eventually finished them at the end of the process. For those that missed them, are just curious, or can't see themselves replaying a 40 hour game to see a few minutes of extra segments, you can now view all three below—along with an extra bonus.

The scenes are relatively light on spoilers for events in the game, but in writing them, I wanted to ensure they were all plausible and relevant to the events of the game and suitable for the locations in which they took place. As such, there are some references to things that have happened in the game up to that point—please be mindful of this if you have not yet played the game.

The art for all five guests that appear in the omake scenes were drawn by Yuri Iwamoto at our request. She did a wonderful job, so please do thank her if you get the chance!

The videos below showcase all three encounters in their entirety. Should you wish to find and experience them yourself, do not view the videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucw2NJ0N5o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8FsAvAJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbx1Qn5YBQ

On top of all that, Yuri also drew some additional angles for some of the omake cast. You can see them below:
Spoiler: Unused Sprites (New Angles)
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImageImage