Ai + Conan

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Ai kudo

Re: Ai + Conan

Post by Ai kudo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02lVW6f ... GCMLsT5gyV

https://youtu.be/xf6ouTKllik?list=PLkXK ... GCMLsT5gyV

some classic early tsundere haibara
eros1607 wrote:
Ryu wrote:Has anyone seen the blush of haibara ?

WARNING: manga spoiler, do not open if you're an anime-only follower
Spoiler:
Nah, Gosho just wants to toy with CoAi fans feeling because Haibara is very popular in Japan. I doubt he is able to write a closure for Ai and Conan. It's just a "thank you" from Conan after turning back to Shinichi at best. Hope Ai can be paired with an awesome character in the future. I hate Ai remaining a child in the end.
Yes. I think the only character that I am able to ship Ai with besides Conan is Rei Furuya / Bourbon. I will be very disappointed if she ends up with some other character.
:-\ >:(

MOD NOTE: please refrain from double posting. You have an edit button to alter your post and add more content to it.

Also, do not write whole sentences in caps if you may. It doesn't look good.
Last edited by Spimer on December 29th, 2016, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Ai kudo wrote:
eros1607 wrote:

Spoiler:
Nah, Gosho just wants to toy with CoAi fans feeling because Haibara is very popular in Japan. I doubt he is able to write a closure for Ai and Conan. It's just a "thank you" from Conan after turning back to Shinichi at best. Hope Ai can be paired with an awesome character in the future. I hate Ai remaining a child in the end.
Yes. I think the only character that I am able to ship Ai with besides Conan is Rei Furuya / Bourbon. I will be very disappointed if she ends up with some other character.. :-\ >:(
If she has to be with anyone at all, then...
Spoiler:
...I agree!
Mod note: please avoid writing replies or sentences in caps.
Last edited by Spimer on December 29th, 2016, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed grammar.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Absenta

Post by Absenta »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Ai kudo wrote:
eros1607 wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes. I think the only character that I am able to ship Ai with besides Conan is Rei Furuya / Bourbon. I will be very disappointed if she ends up with some other character.. :-\ >:(
If she has to be with anyone at all, then...
Spoiler:
...I agree!
Mod note: please avoid writing replies or sentences in caps.
Spoiler:
They´d make a wonderful pairing actually!
They both have a tragic story and are really smart. I don´t see Haibara with a non intelligent person.
Aashu

Post by Aashu »

Mod note: sorry, but this forum isn't to make publicity of fan-art or fan-albums.

This thread is to discuss the pairing of Haibara + Conan and, along the way, post images from the anime portraying both of them together.

In the future please avoid these behaviors.
char13happy

Post by char13happy »

The only thing I wish that NEEDS to happen is Haibara confessing to Conan her feelings. It may sound really stupid but I just want it to happen not for the sake of Conan's response, but for Haibara to actually showing more of herself. I don't even think it counts as well as to helping her move forward (but maybe it will?) since she's already supporting ShinRan but it just feels wrong to end the series without her confessing. Does that make sense???
Cinn

Post by Cinn »

I feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with an anime that revolves around the framework of trickery and mystery to have an ending as potentially predictable as in DC (a shinran ending in which Conan eventually collapses the organization and returns to his old body). In the beginning, I was all in for Shinichi + Ran, but as Haibara was introduced and there was more interactions between her and Conan, their pairing just became so appealing to me. The intro segment of ep 340 and end segment of 341 in particular hit me like a truck. I guess in recent years it's become obvious the Aoyama has swayed from the possibility of this potential relationship, but I really hope that he will eventually be able to write a good closure for, subjectively speaking, the only truly captivating pairing in the anime.

All the best
Regre

Post by Regre »

Cinn wrote:I feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with an anime that revolves around the framework of trickery and mystery to have an ending as potentially predictable as in DC (a shinran ending in which Conan eventually collapses the organization and returns to his old body). In the beginning, I was all in for Shinichi + Ran, but as Haibara was introduced and there was more interactions between her and Conan, their pairing just became so appealing to me. The intro segment of ep 340 and end segment of 341 in particular hit me like a truck. I guess in recent years it's become obvious the Aoyama has swayed from the possibility of this potential relationship, but I really hope that he will eventually be able to write a good closure for, subjectively speaking, the only truly captivating pairing in the anime.

All the best
Well, I kind of understand what you are getting at with the whole predictability of the ending. One thing to consider here is that romance and mystery are a bit separate in my opinion, at least for Gosho. Even if the show revolves around mysteries, tricks, deductions...etc, it doesn't necessarily mean that this level of complexity also applies to romance and endgames.

Pretty much like you, through watching DC for some years now, I started liking Conan and Haibara pairing over that of Shinichi and Ran, regardless of Gosho's direction with the aforementioned pairings.

Personally, I would like a closure for Haibara's feelings for Conan whatever that might be. Just don't leave it hanging and unaddressed.
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

Regre wrote:
Cinn wrote:I feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with an anime that revolves around the framework of trickery and mystery to have an ending as potentially predictable as in DC (a shinran ending in which Conan eventually collapses the organization and returns to his old body). In the beginning, I was all in for Shinichi + Ran, but as Haibara was introduced and there was more interactions between her and Conan, their pairing just became so appealing to me. The intro segment of ep 340 and end segment of 341 in particular hit me like a truck. I guess in recent years it's become obvious the Aoyama has swayed from the possibility of this potential relationship, but I really hope that he will eventually be able to write a good closure for, subjectively speaking, the only truly captivating pairing in the anime.

All the best
Well, I kind of understand what you are getting at with the whole predictability of the ending. One thing to consider here is that romance and mystery are a bit separate in my opinion, at least for Gosho. Even if the show revolves around mysteries, tricks, deductions...etc, it doesn't necessarily mean that this level of complexity also applies to romance and endgames.

Pretty much like you, through watching DC for some years now, I started liking Conan and Haibara pairing over that of Shinichi and Ran, regardless of Gosho's direction with the aforementioned pairings.

Personally, I would like a closure for Haibara's feelings for Conan whatever that might be. Just don't leave it hanging and unaddressed.
Too bad, I think it will not gonna happen. The "happy ending" of Gosho I think will be Conan will not know anything and Haibara will somewhat move on, just like Takagi-Sato-Shiratory triangle. As much as I would go crazy if a confession of Haibara happens, I will pretty much keep my expectation low, just like Haibara doesn't expect much from Conan.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

At this time even Sera + Conan would be better than Shinichi + Ran...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

Oh, I really want to see conan with haibara
champagne

Post by champagne »

All the best
Reviving this thread exactly one year after this post.
I agree that it would be really nice if Gosho would show Conan/Ai some appreciation too and dedicate at least one scene to them that could be considered as some kind of closure, maybe something like the two of them looking back at the crazy journey they've been on together and acknowledging their friendship.

I'm definitely glad that Gosho hasn't given Ai to some random guy. If he's still going to pair her up with someone who she can end up with (which seems unlikely at this point), it better be someone who's worthy of her.