Ai + Conan

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Sylkabe
Sorry, English isn't my first language...

Re: Ai + Conan

Post by Sylkabe »

A new reflexion...
I've read that Gosho said that every character will have an happy end...
If Ai love Conan, then, the End have to be a CoAi/ShinShiho end with a Ran who has move on.
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

Sylkabe wrote:A new reflexion...
If Ai love Conan, then, the End have to be a CoAi/ShinShiho end with a Ran who has move on.
I hope not. Ai could move on as well even IF she loves Conan. Anyway, moving on from first love who Ran has know for her entire life (especially with it being so much stressed on by the author) seems a depressing thing to me. I think it's un-romantic and cynical, even though realistic. But anyway, Gosho has spent too much on ShinRan to turn around (at least I would like to think so). Haibara is a likeable character, but I agree with people who say that she would be impressive enough even if she stays single.
If EVEN in Detective Conan the childhood friend pairing loses and breaks up, it would be a reason for me to be depressed for a year, seriously. They almost always lose, DC is the last hope, since Gosho seems to prefer childhood stories for now. I like them because only children have that kind of purity and innocence in their bonds that pairings formed later won't have because already hardened by life, in my opinion, please no offense to anybody who disagrees.

EDIT: on the other hand, I realize maybe this is kind of off-topic in an Ai+Conan thread, so I apologize if my statement annoyed anyone.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Why is it that happy end = getting on with someone, anyway? :P
Sylkabe

Post by Sylkabe »

Mario2000 wrote:
I hope not. Ai could move on as well even IF she loves Conan. Anyway, moving on from first love who Ran has know for her entire life (especially with it being so much stressed on by the author) seems a depressing thing to me. I think it's un-romantic and cynical, even though realistic. But anyway, Gosho has spent too much on ShinRan to turn around (at least I would like to think so). Haibara is a likeable character, but I agree with people who say that she would be impressive enough even if she stays single.
If EVEN in Detective Conan the childhood friend pairing loses and breaks up, it would be a reason for me to be depressed for a year, seriously. They almost always lose, DC is the last hope, since Gosho seems to prefer childhood stories for now. I like them because only children have that kind of purity and innocence in their bonds that pairings formed later won't have because already hardened by life, in my opinion, please no offense to anybody who disagrees.

EDIT: on the other hand, I realize maybe this is kind of off-topic in an Ai+Conan thread, so I apologize if my statement annoyed anyone.
That's an interessant point of view...But, if Gosho maid ShinRan/CoRan interaction, why does he make CoAi interaction too?
Beside, I've noticed that ShinRan interaction are increasingly scarce (Hum, sorry if this has no sense...English and me...) But it can be normal too...
bluekaitou1412 wrote:Why is it that happy end = getting on with someone, anyway? :P
Because this is a manga...
Silverbullet96

Post by Silverbullet96 »

Mario2000 wrote:I hope not. Ai could move on as well even IF she loves Conan. Anyway, moving on from first love who Ran has know for her entire life (especially with it being so much stressed on by the author) seems a depressing thing to me. I think it's un-romantic and cynical, even though realistic. But anyway, Gosho has spent too much on ShinRan to turn around (at least I would like to think so). Haibara is a likeable character, but I agree with people who say that she would be impressive enough even if she stays single.

I don't think it matters whether who has loved Shinichi longer, it's the quality that matters. And it's probably not a matter of Ai looking 'impressive' or something like that. I and most, if not all, of AiCon fans ship them cause we just like them, not because they want Haibara to get more TV time or look better or whatever 'impressive' means here. Are you rooting for ShinRan because you want Ran to be 'impressive' ?
It would be terrible if you get depressed for a year because of something like that, the closest I've gotten to being 'sad' due to something like this is when I finish some good anime, I feel a bit 'down' for 3-4 days and there are emotions but it really doesn't affect my life in a negative way at all, I actually appreciate those emotions. Maybe you're just using the term 'depressed' very lightly here.
Mario2000

Post by Mario2000 »

Silverbullet96 wrote: I don't think it matters whether who has loved Shinichi longer, it's the quality that matters. And it's probably not a matter of Ai looking 'impressive' or something like that. I and most, if not all, of AiCon fans ship them cause we just like them, not because they want Haibara to get more TV time or look better or whatever 'impressive' means here. Are you rooting for ShinRan because you want Ran to be 'impressive' ?
It would be terrible if you get depressed for a year because of something like that, the closest I've gotten to being 'sad' due to something like this is when I finish some good anime, I feel a bit 'down' for 3-4 days and there are emotions but it really doesn't affect my life in a negative way at all, I actually appreciate those emotions. Maybe you're just using the term 'depressed' very lightly here.
I agree about the quality, but for me first love (especially childhood love) is always better quality, it seems more tender, innocent and sublime to me. And no, I am not using the term "depressed" lightly. Maybe it's not normal to take fiction that seriously on my part, but that's just me, I am a rather reclusive person in real life. It's just with time I became over-protective of childhood friend/ first love stories because few people seem to like them, so I would seriously be depressed if ShinRan got broken. And I would have shipped Conan/Ai if Ai was his childhood love, even though I would have still liked Ran's character as a person. I respect the ConAi fans point of view, but as I said I am over-attached to childhood sweetheart stories after reading so much attacks on them on internet like for example "I wish childhood romances died out" etc. I am not very romantic probably, childhood stories are the only ones that touch my heart, even though I was never in love as a child.
ProfParanoia

Post by ProfParanoia »

bluekaitou1412 wrote:Why is it that happy end = getting on with someone, anyway? :P
Massage industry pushing it's cruel diatribe.
char13happy

Post by char13happy »

One thing I love about this ship is that even if they don't get together, they're still going to be my biggest broship. :p
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

To annoy asexual/aromantic people I assume.

But in actuality because of threads like this. I assume romance stories is a big way to get girls interested in a shonen series (that and bishonen).

But yeah, Gosho is way too interested in pairing up every single recurring character, which is just a waste of his time and talent. In this series and honestly most shonen or shonen-like series, the romance is usually the least interesting part. Often by a country mile.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Sylkabe wrote:
Because this is a manga...
I fail to comprehend your logic
kkslider5552000 wrote: But yeah, Gosho is way too interested in pairing up every single recurring character, which is just a waste of his time and talent.
It's probably a way to appease fans and shippers who wouldn't want their favorite to be left alone, (also seems to me as an excuse to be able to write more about a side character since love apparently makes people on and about). Maybe Gosho finds a lonely character hard to write?
Silverbullet96

Post by Silverbullet96 »

bluekaitou1412 wrote:It's probably a way to appease fans and shippers who wouldn't want their favorite to be left alone, (also seems to me as an excuse to be able to write more about a side character since love apparently makes people on and about). Maybe Gosho finds a lonely character hard to write?
Well he certainly did well to keep the 2nd most popular & his favorite character lonely.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

If you're talking about Haibara, she's not really lonely anymore. :V But if you mean, lonely = no partner, then it's either (1) Gosho has another character planned for her or (2) Gosho doesn't want to write another "no-partner" character so my speculation is still valid.
Silverbullet96

Post by Silverbullet96 »

I somehow think it is easier for Ai to move on, cause with the life she's been through, I doubt she won't appreciate the things she already has - Conan, Hakase, DB, and their whole group, Shinichi will probably be still close to her even after he turns back (I don't know if being with DB will be enjoyable if Conan is not with her though), she has nothing to lose anyway, she doesn't expect Conan to start liking her, it will probably be heart breaking, but it will be easier. As for Ran she totally is brought up like the heroine for who anything less than a typical "and they lived together happily ever after" ending is a sad one. When I look at her it just looks like she is just there for her Shinichi to come back.

P.S: Gosho also said that CoAi is impossible.
Sylkabe

Post by Sylkabe »

Silverbullet96 wrote:
He never said ''CoAi is impossible''. He said: ''Well see'',''You think so ?'' (It can be a commercial strategy too)
Silverbullet96

Post by Silverbullet96 »

Sylkabe wrote:
Silverbullet96 wrote:
He never said ''CoAi is impossible''. He said: ''Well see'',''You think so ?'' (It can be a commercial strategy too)
http://sssskk.tumblr.com/post/938084869 ... -interview :'(