How many languages can Conan speak ?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
YukiNoHana

Re: How many languages can Conan speak ?

Post by YukiNoHana »

In my opinion he can only speak Japanese and English. Even if he could read some French, Spanish or Russian words that doesn't mean that he can actually speak those languages.
CaseClosed101
*Iz avatarless*

Post by CaseClosed101 »

Well, literally saying, Conan can probably speak every single language he's been translated into. And so can Ran. And Haibara. And Tagaki. And Sato. And Meguire. And the Detective Boys..... Every single character in the DC series, really.
Given an infinite universe and infinite time, all things will happen. That means that every event is inevitable, including those that are impossible.
pofa wrote: Number of pofa heart attacks this round: 3+ -.-

The real moral of the story: Don't ever tell Xcomm it would be funny if he did something. (What would that have been, like, pulling a perpetual pofa? D:)
Jd- wrote: This goes without saying, but now you guys really have to win.

I demand it!
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

mangaluva wrote: As I said, A good half of English is a mishmash of words from other languages. Because England was conquered by the Romans, then the Vikings, then the Normans, and a few other people in between IIRC, both Latin and Germanic languages have contributed. So English is a better guess-help at German than, say, Spanish probably is.
Totally.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Conia wrote:
mangaluva wrote: As I said, A good half of English is a mishmash of words from other languages. Because England was conquered by the Romans, then the Vikings, then the Normans, and a few other people in between IIRC, both Latin and Germanic languages have contributed. So English is a better guess-help at German than, say, Spanish probably is.
Totally.
...can't quit tell if you're being sarcastic or not. (I never studied Spanish at school, I just picked it at random :P)
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

mangaluva wrote:
Conia wrote:
Totally.
...can't quit tell if you're being sarcastic or not. (I never studied Spanish at school, I just picked it at random :P)
I guessed you'd remember I'm from Latin America ^^ You can't guess German knowing Spanish, I've tried :|
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Conia wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Conia wrote:
Totally.
I guessed you'd remember I'm from Latin America ^^ You can't guess German knowing Spanish, I've tried :|
Thought not :P Because English has some Germanic roots, you can guess bits of it... I never actually studied German either, but it came up in History a lot because we studied the political climate of Europe from 1919-1939, and funnily enough Germany featured heavily in that :P

Not that it makes you fluent, but it helps you guess.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

mangaluva wrote:
Conia wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Conia wrote:
Totally.
Thought not :P Because English has some Germanic roots, you can guess bits of it... I never actually studied German either, but it came up in History a lot because we studied the political climate of Europe from 1919-1939, and funnily enough Germany featured heavily in that :P

Not that it makes you fluent, but it helps you guess.
You forgot the Anglo-Saxons. They came from guess where ( Germany)
read about it here
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Freyr
And then there were none....

Post by Freyr »

I'm sure he knows Hawaiianese (not ÅŒlelo Hawai). In that language, the speaker learns everything he needs about any other languages as well as various other skills, or at least he learns how to to tell himself he learned it in Hawaii and wills it so much it becomes true.
"Rule through fear of force rather than force itself" - Tarkin Doctrine
"[It] is much safer to be feared than loved" - Nicolo Machiavelli
Most Convoluted DC theory?
Whiskerylatte

Post by Whiskerylatte »

English as we all know

He considers the possibility of codes being in French, so that too

German cuz he knows a quote in German and how to count in it

Russian because
Spoiler:
in the recent movie he spoke and read Russian (Movie 25 Bride of Halloween 2022)
4 languages but who knows, he might know more
Whiskerylatte

Post by Whiskerylatte »

YukiNoHana wrote:
November 16th, 2010, 8:59 am
In my opinion he can only speak Japanese and English. Even if he could read some French, Spanish or Russian words that doesn't mean that he can actually speak those languages.
Well then include Russian cuz in the recent movie 25 Bride of Halloween, he was speaking Russian
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Welcome to the forums.

A couple of warnings.

1) Don't revive threads that have been dead for years.

2) Instead of double posting, we encourage that you combine your posts together (copy and past the second post into the first one)

And such, I'll lock this thread. If you want to talk about it, choose another existing thread such as the movie discussion thread.

Have a good time here.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"