What do you want to see before the series ends?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
sherry26

Re: What do you want to see before the series ends?

Post by sherry26 »

I just want to see my OTP ending up together
Spoiler:
XxBlackPearlxX

Post by XxBlackPearlxX »

Gin changing his clothes for once + him not wearing his hat too :D
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I want to see a return of characters that have been 'forgotten'. Like Araide or Eisuke. Or Sonoko's sister and her fiancee. Or other people that int he first 100 chapters or so appeared repeatedly. Like Hatamoto couple.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

MoonRaven wrote:I want to see a return of characters that have been 'forgotten'. Like Araide or Eisuke. Or Sonoko's sister and her fiancee. Or other people that int he first 100 chapters or so appeared repeatedly. Like Hatamoto couple.
I concur. Gosho even admitted in an interview that he'd literally forgotten about Tomoaki, so "forgotten" is definitely an appropriate descriptor.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:I want to see a return of characters that have been 'forgotten'. Like Araide or Eisuke. Or Sonoko's sister and her fiancee. Or other people that int he first 100 chapters or so appeared repeatedly. Like Hatamoto couple.
I concur. Gosho even admitted in an interview that he'd literally forgotten about Tomoaki, so "forgotten" is definitely an appropriate descriptor.
I doubt Gosho meant it literally in "I didn't have a memory of the guy", but rather in a sense of "I didn't think about him recently", there is probably some meaning lost in translation there. There is no reason for Eisuke or Araide to appear, so it doesn't happen.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Yeah, I too doubt he forgot him. Gosho had Sonoko's parents appear for the first time in like 20 years in the Makoto vs Kid case so when he really wants to have old characters reappear he does it.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Wakarimashita wrote:
Serinox wrote:
I doubt Gosho meant it literally in "I didn't have a memory of the guy", but rather in a sense of "I didn't think about him recently", there is probably some meaning lost in translation there. There is no reason for Eisuke or Araide to appear, so it doesn't happen.
Yeah, I too doubt he forgot him. Gosho had Sonoko's parents appear for the first time in like 20 years in the Makoto vs Kid case so when he really wants to have old characters reappear he does it.
I brought it up because it's the only instance I recall where Gosho admitted that a character had slipped his mind—and yes, I must agree that forgotten, in this case, didn't mean he let the character's very existence slip from his mind. I do contest the assertion that "there is no reason" for Tomoaki to appear, though. By File 1,014, literally half the series will have happened without him—that tells me that after Vermouth had taken his place for nearly 200 Files, Gosho didn't really consider him a priority any longer, bar those two cases after the Vermouth arc (File 457–File 459 and File 505–File 507). I just would've preferred him to at least get Azusa levels of page/screen time.

Yep, it's just a question of when.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

I want it to finish as soon as possible. Nothing will happen that good will happen. I am sure that the events will be not just bad but it will be awful
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:Nothing will happen
To be fair, this is a reasonable summary of the series
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
DCUniverseAficionado

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Well, so far, at least, in terms of that perspective.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
You really agree with me
kkslider5552000 wrote:
Well, so far, at least, in terms of that perspective.
I have feeling that you are making fun of my opinion. Anyway, I told what I think, and that's all

Ok, for you, I will gust hope one more thing, and that's is Conan will feel in love with my best character Haibara
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

KaitoxAoko, ShinxRan Kiss (Lip French Kiss, continuation of Tokyo Tower, Kiyomizudera ) <3 ^^
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Commented enough how I want the series to explore the moral ramifications on how secrecy isn't always for the best, but additionally when it comes to the finale arc where the Conan and company have to finally defeat the organization, I hope to see Ran getting some major validation in proving herself as a reliable ally.

Something to say the effect of maybe Heiji someone asking "Why did we keep her out of the loop again?" Agasa and Ai attempt to muster a response while looking down in shame and Conan answering to the effect of "Cause we're kind of dumb like that".
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.