How will it work?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Duo

It stinks!

How will it work?

Postby Duo » May 4th, 2008, 5:54 pm

I was looking over the "Your Choice for Worst Spoken English Scene" a few minutes ago and it got me thinking about the dub and how they'll manage to handle the scenes with Jodie and Vermouth speaking English. FUNi (mostly TMZ) has taken so many steps in trying to americanize the series that I'd think would make it difficult to still have it in there. Then again, the status of the dub after episode #129 is uncertain and it may not even get to that point.

Still, how do you think FUNimation would handle that portion of the series if the dub got that far?
Lovely

Re: How will it work?

Postby Lovely » May 4th, 2008, 8:30 pm

I really doubt the Funi dub will ever make it that far, to be honest.  However, if they ever did, I suspect they would probably make Jodie and Vermouth French.  Simply because French fills the foreign but European vibe.

Ooh, but I just realized, FBI can ONLY be US. HMMM. Good question.

Ahahaha, well, if they ever DO get that far, I kind of feel bad for the folks at Funimation then.  "No matter what we do, we LOOSE! *cries*"
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » May 4th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Don't worry.  At the rate they're going, even if they do make it that far, they still have another 7-8 years before they have to worry about it.
Shinran

Postby Shinran » May 9th, 2008, 10:24 pm

At the rate they're going, I'm not even sure if they'll catch up with the movies! XD Hmmm...you have a good point there, though. I do wonder what'll happen.