Shinichi+Ran

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Vinnie

Re: Shinichi+Ran

Post by Vinnie »

Ran and Shinichi have something special because they trust and respect each other.

What I'd like to ask Gosho is just more moments of Ran with Shinichi - face to face, alone. To make their relationship grow even more. I believe that there's still so much about them that he wants to show us :)

As for antis about ShinRan or whatever, I do not really care about other ships, because at the end of the day, what matters in this topic is the canon couple.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Vinnie wrote:
Ran and Shinichi have something special because they trust and respect each other.
Which is why of course, Shinichi/Conan flat out told Eisuke that he wasn't allowed to confess his feelings for Ran, rather than believing that she would turn the guy down herself. ;D
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Antiyonder wrote:
Vinnie wrote:
Which is why of course, Shinichi/Conan flat out told Eisuke that he wasn't allowed to confess his feelings for Ran, rather than believing that she would turn the guy down herself. ;D
It's not that Shinichi went out of his way to deny Eisuke's confession! Eisuke said himself that he wanted Shinichi's permission because he didn't want to get in-between Ran's and Shinichi's long-builded-up potential romance, and Conan took the liberty to answer him by revealing his true identity.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

MeiTanteixX wrote:It's not that Shinichi went out of his way to deny Eisuke's confession! Eisuke said himself that he wanted Shinichi's permission because he didn't want to get in-between Ran's and Shinichi's long-builded-up potential romance, and Conan took the liberty to answer him by revealing his true identity.
Ehh.

Still think Ran's opinion should matter as doing so would demonstrate respect for her as a person than property. And even if Eisuke means well, the same can't be said for Conan/Shinichi who's response should have been "I'd rather you didn't, but Ran can make her own decision on the matter".

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Shinichi reacted pretty quick. He loves her, most of people in his situation would do the same.

He was selfish because he cannot be with her the way he wants to, and he also knows who she really loves / is interested in LOL.

Yall too dramatic even though all of us know who is gonna end up with. Everything's that is in their way shall be solved anyways, don't turn this into an headache.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Selfishness in moderation can be fine, but selflessness and trust help to make a relationship healthy. Otherwise what makes Shinichi any better than those occasional oneshot jerk guys that we're suppose to hate?

And no, being the designated hero doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

Plus, if he really does know that she loves him, then he should have no need to fear Eisuke approaching Ran.

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Antiyonder wrote:Selfishness in moderation can be fine, but selflessness and trust help to make a relationship healthy. Otherwise what makes Shinichi any better than those occasional oneshot jerk guys that we're suppose to hate?

And no, being the designated hero doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

Plus, if he really does know that she loves him, then he should have no need to fear Eisuke approaching Ran.
You are talking like he is 95% selfish and does not think about Ran at all. Whats the big deal? Eisuke also could tell that Ran and Shinichi's feelings are mutual, so why would he touch this theme too? He was the one who started it, why couldn't Shinichi reply?
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Vinnie wrote:You are talking like he is 95% selfish and does not think about Ran at all. Whats the big deal? Eisuke also could tell that Ran and Shinichi's feelings are mutual, so why would he touch this theme too? He was the one who started it, why couldn't Shinichi reply?
Well since Eisuke was really just trying to confirm suspicions on Conan, I suppose it's moot in his case.

As for Shinichi:
1. The big deal is that the narrative doesn't frame it as a jerk moment for the character, but a crowning moment of comedy. Having a character make a dick move is fine, but if it's going to be romanticized, then I think it's fair game to find it uneasy.

2. As for whether he's 95 or just 5 percent selfish?

Well I'm also looking at the other problem of this moment. Up until then, it's easier to accept that Conan's determination to keep his identity secret is to protect the people in his life from harm, especially Ran. But here he flat out gives himself away just for the sake of cock blocking someone. As such it kind of paint his need for secrecy to be a little more for his own benefit rather than others (mainly out of a sense of pride).

Plus, I'd argue that quality matters a little more than quantity and while things like the Eisuke situation isn't quite the norm it's still not something to dismiss as entirely harmless.

At least to me, harmless cases of selfishness is something like buying the last copy of the current issue of Simpsons Comics or taking the last bottle of Gatorade out of the fridge.

The situation I'm critical of in this case is Shinichi denying Ran some agency and acting like she's not capable of making what he considers is the right choice.

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Antiyonder wrote:
2. As for whether he's 95 or just 5 percent selfish?

Well I'm also looking at the other problem of this moment. Up until then, it's easier to accept that Conan's determination to keep his identity secret is to protect the people in his life from harm, especially Ran. But here he flat out gives himself away just for the sake of cock blocking someone. As such it kind of paint his need for secrecy to be a little more for his own benefit rather than others (mainly out of a sense of pride).
When he reacted that way, so seriously, revealing and putting himself in danger like that I believe that he didn't noticed. He just went straight to the point.

That moment just showed us that Shinichi is also "human". Its not even about being romanticized, its just that he really couldn't resist to the pressure that he must've felt about it. Of course he doesn't want to lose Ran, his childhood friend and also 1st love interest. He was also careless by being so straight that even Eisuke understood who he was. He can be jealous, arrogant and selfish, or whatever he wants to be, even if most of the times its wrong from his part.
Antiyonder wrote: The situation I'm critical of in this case is Shinichi denying Ran some agency and acting like she's not capable of making what he considers is the right choice.
Oh, in this case. It wasn't about Ran's making a right or wrong choice. To be honest, if Eisuke didn't talked about this matter with Shinichi he'd be dumped (not cruelly, because Ran is a sweetheart) and maybe he'd still get really sad about it. That was for the better, he didn't raised Eisuke's hopes.

Shinichi's feelings were selfish but still honest.
ersha

Post by ersha »

OMG, i really really really love shinran. N i glad to aoyama sensei cuz he promise happy ending for ran. Its mean ran n shinichi together. Cant wait this moment<3
HAIBARA......

Post by HAIBARA...... »

XxxKaitoKidxxX wrote:Ok I guess I should christen this thread with its first shin/ran hate comment.

ShinXRan sucks xP

There, I made history.  :)
That was mean :-\ :-\ :|
But I think we should let ShinXRan fans in this thread and we AiXcon should go to our thread
When your friends and you are separated from each other then a part of your heart leaves with them
MISSING YOU LIKE HELL :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Without you I am nothing but a lost soul :'( :'( :'( :'(
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

HAIBARA...... wrote:
XxxKaitoKidxxX wrote:Ok I guess I should christen this thread with its first shin/ran hate comment.

ShinXRan sucks xP

But I think we should let ShinXRan fans in this thread and we AiXcon should go to our thread
Surely there was no real need to reply to a post from 2009 by a user who hasn't visited the forum since 2009, right?
HAIBARA......

Post by HAIBARA...... »

Kor wrote:
HAIBARA...... wrote:

ShinXRan sucks xP

Surely there was no real need to reply to a post from 2009 by a user who hasn't visited the forum since 2009, right?
For your kindest information I am a new user and will reply to any post I lik :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
When your friends and you are separated from each other then a part of your heart leaves with them
MISSING YOU LIKE HELL :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Without you I am nothing but a lost soul :'( :'( :'( :'(
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

You may be new but there are some rules here like no necroposting (replying to threads several months old).

I'm not a mod like Kor but it would be better if you did as he says.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

I won't get mad at anyone for reviving the major couple threads as long as said necromancer actually had something meaningful to say. That said, replying to a post from over half a decade ago is silly and unnecessary.