Ran + Kazuha + Sonoko + Sera!!!!

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Jeetkunedo

Re: Ran + Kazuha + Sonoko + Sera!!!!

Post by Jeetkunedo »

Given the parameters of this topic, a cross dressing girl who claims Ran is just her type is fair game.
Jeetkunedo

Post by Jeetkunedo »

Does it seem that even after Sonoko realizes that Masumi is a girl in manga issue #770, she still has a crush on her? She was awfully excited to see her "full display" after kicking the Kaito Kid in 830, and she kidded Ran about her also having a crush on 'that tomboy' (Kogoro's words, not mine).

I'll leave it to someone else to post the manga panels.

Not proof exactly, but she was very happy to see Masumi in her shorts! Note the heart emoticon.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Jeetkunedo wrote:Does it seem that even after Sonoko realizes that Masumi is a girl in manga issue #770, she still has a crush on her? She was awfully excited to see her "full display" after kicking the Kaito Kid in 830, and she kidded Ran about her also having a crush on 'that tomboy' (Kogoro's words, not mine).

Not proof exactly, but she was very happy to see Masumi in her shorts! Note the heart emoticon.
That reaction is not from romantic emotions, it's because Sonoko likes those semi indecent things.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

k11chi wrote:
Jeetkunedo wrote:Does it seem that even after Sonoko realizes that Masumi is a girl in manga issue #770, she still has a crush on her? She was awfully excited to see her "full display" after kicking the Kaito Kid in 830, and she kidded Ran about her also having a crush on 'that tomboy' (Kogoro's words, not mine).

That reaction is not from romantic emotions, it's because Sonoko likes those semi indecent things.
Like wanting to see Shuichi/Subaru shirtless.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:

we need her pervyness for the sake of comedy and to lighten up the mood sometimes from all the seriousness. I hope there are any interesting remarks from her regarding Amuro or Okiya in the latest chapters =P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

MeiTanteixX wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
k11chi wrote:

we need her pervyness for the sake of comedy and to lighten up the mood sometimes from all the seriousness. I hope there are any interesting remarks from her regarding Amuro or Okiya in the latest chapters =P
Well, she blushed at Ran, Shuichi/Subaru and Rei/Tooru during the current case—let's wait for 957 to see what she does next.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Jeetkunedo

Post by Jeetkunedo »

If we're going to ship the girls, we need all the textual encouragement we can get. Everything is fair game.

Thanks! I'll check out 957!
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

I think Ran's dad has noticed...
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Shiromi wrote:Image
I think Ran's dad has noticed...
It would be impossible not to for how long this Opening was used. :V

As a sidenote, I've realized recently that because of that, and because this is the the pic that lingers at the end of the Opening, this is one of the most viewed anime images of the past year or so.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Jeetkunedo

Post by Jeetkunedo »

Great pic. What is the Japanese phrase, 'lesbian until graduation'?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

"Sotsugyou made rezu" would be a rough translation, I guess.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Jeetkunedo

Post by Jeetkunedo »

Do you suppose a romance between female characters in DC would be very subtle, due to Japanese restraint about such things, or would they blurt out a remark laced with innuendo because they are too innocent to get the joke (Ran especially)?
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

He'd probably be super subtle, because Detective Conan is such a popular Japanese franchise for all ages that including anything remotely LGBT themed would probably get Aoyama in trouble. I can only think of 2 LGBT-themed stories off the top of my head.

First is the Moonlight Sonata case which featured trans woman. He even made her sympathetic, even though she was the killer.

Second is agent Rei's intro story arch which featured an intersex person, but I don't like that one as far as queer representation because the story revolved around the intersex person loathing herself so much that she committed suicide. Though, there were other factors, like getting engaged to her identical twin brother and those horrifying implications. The fact remains though that being intersex in that story was treated like some sort of tragedy.

Anyways, neither of these feature homosexuality. So... If there are any LGBT characters, they are hidden pretty well, and it's time for our imaginations to step in and have Ran and Sonoko making out just outside of the manga panels.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
DCUniverseAficionado

Shiromi wrote:Second is agent Rei's intro story arch which featured an intersex person, but I don't like that one as far as queer representation because the story revolved around the intersex person loathing herself so much that she committed suicide. Though, there were other factors, like getting engaged to her identical twin brother and those horrifying implications. The fact remains though that being intersex in that story was treated like some sort of tragedy.
Weren't they just twins? I don't think either one was genderqueer.

I'm afraid I must disagree—she killed herself over having romantic feelings for/being engaged to her twin. Gender had nothing to do with it—and how'd you come to the conclusion that she hated herself?
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Re: Ran + Kazuha + Sonoko ?!?!

Post by Conia »

Spoiler:
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote: You called?
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote:
c-square wrote:
RanlovesSsonoko wrote: OMG, this thread is back! Lol.
Cue Conia...  ;)
More to add to the infinite quote ;D
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote:
breva wrote: I want to see what Conia will say when he sees this thread ;D
You know it very well breva ;D (Will start quoting this whole post next time it revives)
Conia wrote:
Baritsu Master wrote: This thread will never die.
Conia wrote:
Conia wrote: I'll keep repeating this forever and ever...
Conia wrote: This thread always revives. ALWAYS.
Last edited by Spimer on June 1st, 2017, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed multiple quotes in spoiler box to make thread reading easier