Help with the guestbook names from the mermaid case

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Help with the guestbook names from the mermaid case

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » September 22nd, 2009, 9:49 pm

I would like to have the names in the guestbook from the mermaid case cleared up. The guestbook appears in volume 28-8 or file 281 on page 12, or episode 222-224 about 7/12s of the way in. What are the names written next to Shiho's in the book and what is written above them?
Spoiler:

Taking a stab at the transcription of the characters...
The name on the left, only partially visible in the manga, appears to be 土井 (family name = Doi?, given name = Natsuki? 菜月)
In the anime, the name on the left looks like (工 or 土)井(菜 or , or a fancy or some character with or 釆)
The name on the right in the manga and anime looks like 魚塚三郎 (family name = Sakanazuka?, given name Saburō?)
The second of the two characters above the name on the left is .

The rest of the characters I am unable to read. I hope someone can help fill out the missing characters and suggest potential romanizations of the names.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on June 2nd, 2013, 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Re: Help with the guestbook names from the mermaid case

Postby Abs. » September 22nd, 2009, 10:00 pm

I doubt the words above the names mean much, plot-wise, because they are the random markers that they chose (for the mermaid arrow charm thingy).

You also want to combine the manga page you provided with a screencap of the same scene from the anime..

The name on the far left becomes something like: 黒澤(unreadable last character)

The Wikipedia page on Gin goes as far as to complete it thus: 黒澤陣  I'm guessing that's from the interview 96383 referred to in this post: http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?p=47700#p47700

Edit: Forgot the possible romanizations.  Izuka Saburou + Kurosawa Jin
Last edited by Abs. on September 22nd, 2009, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » September 22nd, 2009, 10:05 pm

Abs. wrote:I doubt the words above the names mean much, plot-wise, because they are the random markers that they chose (for the mermaid arrow charm thingy).

You also want to combine the manga page you provided with a screencap of the same scene from the anime..

The name on the far left becomes something like: 黒澤(unreadable last character)

The Wikipedia page on Gin goes as far as to complete it thus: 黒澤陣 I'm guessing that's from the interview 96383 referred to in this post: http://forums.dctp.ws/index.php?topic=1835.msg47700#msg47700

Edit: Forgot the possible romanizations. Izuka Saburou + Kurosawa Jin

Where did you get the characters 黒澤 for those on the left from? The characters on the far left in the manga and the anime are definitely 土井, not 黒澤. You are going to have to explain why the characters 土井 are being changed to 黒澤 because that doesn't make any sense. I would post a screenshot but I'm too lazy to find a free host.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on June 2nd, 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » September 22nd, 2009, 10:12 pm

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:I would post a screenshot but I'm too lazy to find a free host.

Exactly my sentiments.

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:Where did you get the characters 黒澤 for those on the left from? Those characters are not used in the manga or the anime in that scene.

The é»’ is from the anime.  It's partially cut off, but you can see it on the very right hand side of the page.  The 澤 is from the manga page you provided here at the beginning of this thread.

To make it clear: it's the name on the right-most side of the page I'm talking about.

Edit: Also, I was totally ignoring the part of your question where you ask what the name on the left-most side of the page would be romanized as.. because I got no clue.. Doi something.  Doi Sai doesn't sound like a standard name, so I got nothing for you.  Possible that it's cut off.. It's supposed to have another character after the third character.
Last edited by Abs. on September 22nd, 2009, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » September 22nd, 2009, 10:14 pm

Abs. wrote:The is from the anime. It's partially cut off, but you can see it on the very right hand side of the page. The is from the manga page you provided here at the beginning of this thread.

To make it clear: it's the name on the right-most side of the page I'm talking about.

You said far left above... I'll believe you that the rightmost name has the character and the anime looks like it has in it. (the "raindrop" from the 灬 under the line looks like it is slanted wrong but I'll accept if it's the word of god {aka Gosho} ;D) I'm still curious about the name on the left though. Are we sure that name is unrelated?
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on June 2nd, 2013, 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » September 22nd, 2009, 10:16 pm

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Abs. wrote:The é»’ is from the anime.  It's partially cut off, but you can see it on the very right hand side of the page.  The 澤 is from the manga page you provided here at the beginning of this thread.

You said far left above...

Totally my mistake.  It's the whole reading from right-to-left vs. left-to-right thing.  I said left because I meant right.  ;D
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » September 22nd, 2009, 11:19 pm

Teppei (translator) investigated this when we did the case. The Jin Kurosawa rumor isn't true, from the anime or manga (we compared both).
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » September 22nd, 2009, 11:38 pm

[quote="Chekhov MacGuffin"]
(the "raindrop" from the ç
TheBlind

Insane Vigilante of JUSTICE!

Postby TheBlind » September 23rd, 2009, 12:01 am

Jd- wrote:Teppei (translator) investigated this when we did the case. The Jin Kurosawa rumor isn't true, from the anime or manga (we compared both).

So in other words Gin being on that island(aka signed the book) is just a rumor without any foundation?
I thought so, there wouldn't be any reason for Gosho to drop that hint other than to play around with a GinxShiho pairing and since we know there isn't an evidence that he has such a pairing in mind...
                                                      The Faces of Evil
                                 Trying to start a club about magical ponies!
Xytan

Postby Xytan » March 22nd, 2010, 1:48 am

I'm sorry for the EPIC grave-dig however seeing as this is one of the few things here...

Is Vodka's rumored name Uodzuka not Izuka?
Misztina

Postby Misztina » March 22nd, 2010, 6:53 am

Abs. wrote:- but would be curious to see what "guide book interview" 96383 referred to.

Er... what was that again? I wish the interview would be in English somewhere, so it won't be confusing whether it is true or not. I mean if it transalted by a reliable translator, just like you guys here, not a second hand translation.
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » March 22nd, 2010, 7:00 am

I find it depressing and/or highly suspicious that whenever we get information about interviews where Aoyama reveals one thing or the other, the poster is almost never able to identify the source.  Even if it was offline and the title was in Japanese, one would normally be able to cite a magazine title and issue number or the ISBN of the book... but so far no dice.  :-\
Misztina

Postby Misztina » March 22nd, 2010, 7:06 am

I see. *is depressed too* :( Oh well.

I only saw one guidebook's raw on mangahelpers, but that's all. _._

But wait ... so what was that guide book interview you mentioned about again?
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Postby Abs. » March 22nd, 2010, 9:01 am

Misztina wrote:I only saw one guidebook's raw on mangahelpers, but that's all. _._

Hmm, didn't know of that.  Will take a look when I've the time.

Misztina wrote:But wait ... so what was that guide book interview you mentioned about again?

I've no idea.  It was someone else that mentioned it, and I quoted their post.
veganica

shinran fangirl +1

Postby veganica » June 25th, 2011, 4:25 pm

would love SDB or fanbook scans, also. raw or not... if someone's got a clue, PM me please!
but I'm here to contend that Gin and Vodka's names are not canon. below, a quote from the "Lab/Love Conan" fanbook, p. 77:

-考ã