The Conan Wiki Project: Call for logo and Names

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
samcurt

May it shine, our new glory and spirit here--

Re: The Conan Wiki Project: Call for logo and Names

Postby samcurt » April 14th, 2008, 4:23 pm

The following is from Lurkerdrome from LJ. I certainly have serious differences with him, but some of his views regarding art is to be respected.

They both suck, frankly. Especially the second one, which isn't even spelled right if you're trying to link it to Shinichi's catchphrase (Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu).

Besides, a Wiki needs a SNAPPY name, and neither of those have any snap to them. Fandom-specific Wikis, as a rule, use something relevant to the hardcore geeks of a series who will ultimately be the main contributors--the Star Wars Wiki, for example, is Wookieepedia, and the Star Trek Wiki is Memory Alpha.

Try relating it to something like "Tantei", "Beika", or so forth.
[img width=500 height=71]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/SamCurt/Conanian-Hirokian/Colourbars/4f9184f1.png[/img]
Hiroki Sawada is cute sweet übergenius love.
Conan-kun

Conan-kun, You can't always play around.

Postby Conan-kun » April 14th, 2008, 8:36 pm

In my opinion, Lurkerdrome is probably right.  Perhaps like Beika City Files, The Agasa Collection, Notes from Agasa & Haibara's Computer, Secret Look into Megure's Records, or something like that sounds better than a generic "Conan's *****".  These names are probably too long though.  What would be ideal is if you could somehow combine part of Agasa and/or Conan's name with the word for "data" into something that means something else in Japanese.  The last suggestion would have been good if Megure was watching his weight through the series as the first letters of each word spell "slimr".  Of course, creating something based on Japanese characters is way beyond anything I could ever think up.
Midair walker

Never forget your poker face!

Postby Midair walker » April 15th, 2008, 4:47 am

Takagi's Secret Notes.... just kiddin'
[b]"The one who pries for others' secrets is the one who's truly impolite" [b] Kaitou Kid
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Postby xpon » April 15th, 2008, 6:22 am

I'll go with the "Conan-DB"

abaout the logo.. how about the detective badge?
xpon is so cute...

Image                         Image

Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....

Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
codename64546

Postby codename64546 » April 15th, 2008, 8:58 am

Kudo Files
Last edited by codename64546 on April 15th, 2008, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
krystal.glass

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Postby krystal.glass » April 15th, 2008, 10:16 am

If we're going for new suggestions... how does Tantei House sound?
Just an idea.
"But perhaps my first mistake lies in trying to find motive, in thinking of humans as rational beings whose actions spring from logical reasons."

~Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, in the short story "The Love of a Good Man" part of "The Unknown Errors of Our Lives"
---------------------------------------------------------------
my blogs! http://things-i-hear.blogspot.com
http://acrazylilworld.blogspot.com
CooKieLord

Postby CooKieLord » April 15th, 2008, 11:18 am

Agasa's Research Files, he is a genius scientist after all!
ten

Postby ten » April 15th, 2008, 12:06 pm

for the logo something simple like bowtie or soccerball? I'd really love to see a silhouette of conan and shinichi next to each other, as seen from the side... but that probably isn't allowed?

samcurt

May it shine, our new glory and spirit here--

Postby samcurt » April 19th, 2008, 10:32 am

In a private conversation with Icka she came up with such an idea: An untied bowtie at lower left, and a magnifying glass from lower right to upper left, magnifying the name.

Can anyone try how it looks?
[img width=500 height=71]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/SamCurt/Conanian-Hirokian/Colourbars/4f9184f1.png[/img]
Hiroki Sawada is cute sweet übergenius love.