Something between Haibs and Gin?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Shinran

Something between Haibs and Gin?

Post by Shinran »

First things first. I believe that Conan actually suspects that there was something between Haibara and Gin. [see volume twenty-four]

However, what is this relationship between the two of them? Anyone have any suggestions?
AICHAN
Curry time!

Re: Something between Haibs and Gin?

Post by AICHAN »

i noticed that me too!since he recognize one of her hair and he can predict all of her moves or reaction,(vol 24)he may be very close to her.but we have to wait and see what gosho will say about that!! :)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
ShinRan36
Name: Hilo ^^

Post by ShinRan36 »

in a book about clase cosed is written that they had a sexual relationship or something like this  ;D
but i cant imagine..

index.php?topic=1554.0

"We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time.."

PLEASE READ!
4869´s Novella.

index.php?topic=2541.0

akai-kun´s fanfiction
index.php?topic=1709.0

bluekaitou1412
index.php?topic=1663.0
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Something between Haibs and Gin?- almost certainly

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Dragging out my speculations document (currently 23 pages in 12 point font single spaced...) on the topic of "why does Gin hate Sherry so much and obsess over hunting her down?"

Later Edit: This is outdated. Please refer to here for the most recent version.

Theories related to this must account for…
1. Gin clearly knows Shiho's personality very well as he can anticipate her movements despite having rather different lines of work. They clearly have a connection outside of their professions to account for knowing each other so well. They must have spent lots of time together if Gin can identify her from a single hair with conviction.

Possible relationships that appeal to Aoyama Gosho's plot tendencies that could account for their behavior include:
1. He either crushed on her or had a romantic relationship with her. (This would make for a nice foil of the Shuichi-Akemi relationship but the age difference is a bit overboard, also would Shiho get along with him?) A potential con is that this would make his desire to kill her seem very bitter.
a. Another category of this may be that Gin liked Akemi instead, but she liked Akai Shuuichi, leading to romantic frustration on his part. Gin could have easily gotten details on Shiho from Akemi who probably talked about her sister a lot.
2. He may have grown up within the org as well and they may have had a friendly childhood relationship that became sour when their personalities diverged. This idea is appealing since they know so much about each other and utilizes the oft-used childhood friends plot device. It also explains why they know each other well despite having rather different adult jobs. Again, the age difference may be problematic.
a. Another category of this may be that Gin was childhood friends with Akemi instead. Gin could have easily gotten details on Shiho from Akemi who probably talked about her sister a lot.
b. Gin could have been friends of the parents, although he seems like he would be a bit young barring Vermouth-like aging wonkiness.
3. Her research would have helped someone he cares for deeply or something like that and he is pissed that she ran away. Gin or someone important to Gin trusted Shiho and he felt her actions betrayed that person. This idea has appeal because Gin has vocalized his abhorrence of traitors.
a. The opposite case: although currently there is no indication of this, Gin may hate the research that Shiho worked on and by extension her, similar to Vermouth.
4. She represents someone to him.
5. She knows Gin's weakness (if he has one) and that makes him unhappy.
6.   He is just being fanatically loyal to the org and eliminating threats.
7.  He's just psycho. (and a stalker)
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on July 29th, 2013, 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xela

Re: Something between Haibs and Gin?- almost certainly

Post by Xela »

"Haibs"? That´s... cute.XD

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:7.   He’s just psycho. (and a stalker)

Although I´m impressed that you have found the other options, this one is most likely the basis.
Gin is one of the few (next to Chianti and so on...) who are shown of actually liking to kill and to torture people,
so "He´s just a psycho" is probably the reason why he wants her dead so badly. I seriously can´t imagine him being
that loyal to someone and forcing himself to kill Shiho because she betrayed the BO.o_O
That she was naked in his imagination still makes me think...
But then, Ai had been shown to fear Vermouth more than Gin, so I don´t think he did something to her or so...
The reason why she fears him is "She knows he is just a psycho who loves to hunt people down and kill them" for me.XD
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

I think Gin's hate for her is somewhat alike the hate that Chanti has for Vermouth.  A "I swear I'm going to shoot your head off" kinda thing.

I'm guessing:

1) He's always been irked- if not jealous by the fact that she's so young and she's already an "Alcohol".  She alike Vermouth are probably higher rank then him and more important to "that person".  He probably had to take her directions at one point.

2) Gin "trust" Kir (or at least didn't kill her at the beginning) because she fought for her life.  I'm guessing Gin favors loyalty and people who fight to live quite highly, neither which Sherry exhibites in the B.O.

3) Gin said something to Vodka and Vermouth, something like "if you mix black with black you'll only get black".  So if he liked Sherry, maybe that's not completely impossible?
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
Shinran

Post by Shinran »

ShinRan36 wrote:in a book about clase cosed is written that they had a sexual relationship or something like this  ;D
but i cant imagine..
I don't trust that Guide.

And yeah, everyone's been calling Haibara as "Haibs" now. :D

And those theories are actually quite plausible. :3
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

WOW! now that you mentioned it, i REALLY think that something happened between them :o
I think Gin hates Shiho for some reason,because when Gin encounters Haibara after she being Shiho again, it didn't look like he had good memories of her :P
but i'm just guessing, who knows what happened :)
yukionna

Post by yukionna »

Maybe Gin is younger than we think, and they really were childhood buddies. Ahhh! Because even Shinichi assumed Shiho was a lot older.
Nanatsu no Ko

Post by Nanatsu no Ko »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:2. He may have grown up within the org as well and they may have had a friendly childhood relationship that became sour when their personalities diverged. This idea is appealing since they know so much about each other and utilizes the oft-used childhood friends plot device. It also explains why they know each other well despite having rather different adult jobs. Again, the age difference may be problematic.
a. Another category of this may be that Gin was childhood friends with Akemi instead. Gin could have easily gotten details on Shiho from Akemi who probably talked about her sister a lot.
b. Gin could have been friends of the parents, although he seems like he would be a bit young barring Vermouth-like aging wonkiness.

I would love to see Gosho write about characters growing up in the Organization. Especially if it was similar to that flashback with Shinichi and Ran in school.
TheBlind
Insane Vigilante of JUSTICE!

Post by TheBlind »

Shinran wrote:
ShinRan36 wrote:in a book about clase cosed is written that they had a sexual relationship or something like this  ;D
but i cant imagine..
I don't trust that Guide.

And yeah, everyone's been calling Haibara as "Haibs" now. :D

And those theories are actually quite plausible. :3

That guide was written by a fan so I don't blame you. I remember when I first read it, actually went back as skimmed through the whole series to see if there was an factual evidence to support this other than unique interpretations of key events.

While I'm here, why is everyone acting like Gin and Haibara must have something because he "knows" her so well?
Gin's specialty is to "read" people and get in their heads(his detective skills get overshadowed by his whole "I'm an evil killer" thing), he did the same with Conan during the "train locker trap" where he dismantled it without even knowing the full details since he arrived late. If it wasn't for pure luck, he would of actually beat Conan(which didn't even humble Conan one bit ::)).

So my interpretation of Gin's obsession with Haibara is that she's left the organization of her own free will and is alive. I don't think many have accomplished that and Gin takes it as a personal loss.
                                                      The Faces of Evil
                                 Trying to start a club about magical ponies!
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Post by kirite »

TheBlind wrote:While I'm here, why is everyone acting like Gin and Haibara must have something because he "knows" her so well?
Gin's specialty is to "read" people and get in their heads(his detective skills get overshadowed by his whole "I'm an evil killer" thing), he did the same with Conan during the "train locker trap" where he dismantled it without even knowing the full details since he arrived late. If it wasn't for pure luck, he would of actually beat Conan(which didn't even humble Conan one bit ::)).

So my interpretation of Gin's obsession with Haibara is that she's left the organization of her own free will and is alive. I don't think many have accomplished that and Gin takes it as a personal loss.

That's true he is superb when it comes to predicting and manipulating events.  It's probably why all the other Alcohols listen to him. 

With that said though what I find the weirdest is how he reconized her by just a hair xD.  I usually akin the "I smell her" thing is just a part of his "eviller then thou" creepiness.  But then Haibara does have an "ability" to sense B.O. members so maybe Gin has something like that too.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

TheBlind wrote:While I'm here, why is everyone acting like Gin and Haibara must have something because he "knows" her so well?

I'm assuming there is something (not romantic mind you) between them because it's Gosho's style to tie people together through their past. Off the topic of my head, Shiratori and Kobayashi, Vermouth, Kudo Yukiko, and Kuroba Kaito, Dr. Miyano and Agasa, and Ran and Akai are examples off the past tying people together. I am definitely not discounting the idea that their relationship is entirely "business" so to speak. That's a pretty plausible explanation because Gin doesn't seem like the type that would have friends and as you said Gin is excellent at reading people. The problem is that Gin seems to know Shiho rather well, better than simple acquaintances would know each other. Even though they are both in the org, they have completely different lines of work and it doesn't seem like they would overlap much. It is likely Gin had some sort of connection outside of work with Shiho or someone who knows Shiho very well to account for this.

I totally agree with TheBlind that Gin is a good match for Conan. Gin clearly has some sort of "hunter's instinct," the locker scene is a prime example of that (along with the ability to find single strands of hair). Conan nearly got killed for not factoring Gin into the equation, and I'm surprised he didn't panic more later. Maybe in the upcoming confrontation arc Conan will get into trouble again for underestimating Gin.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on July 1st, 2009, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rushx5
Kaitou Kid stands no chance

Post by rushx5 »

Gin: Shinichi did not tell you everything about me.

Haibara: He told me enough! He told me you killed Akemi

Gin: Sherry...I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!

Haibara: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
No clue can ever be too small to ignore.
James Rye
My Avatar - The two faces of James (Black) Rye ;)

Post by James Rye »

rushx5 wrote:Gin: Shinichi did not tell you everything about me.

Haibara: He told me enough! He told me you killed Akemi

Gin: Sherry...I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!

Haibara: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lol. Greatings from Star Wars. XDDD

I also think that´s for Gin it´s more an act of "honor" to kill the "traitor" Sherry who is still alive and such a danger for the BO.  8)
But who knows, maybe he really tried to "know her better". You all know what i mean.  :-X
[img width=500 height=92]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/690/request1.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 height=92]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9616/requestrose.jpg[/img]
I finally fu***** did it!!!! \(°o°)/ (PS. Thx at ShinRan36 for the sigs)
Where´s my cookie? :D