Why did the anime change its pacing later-on?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Conan2002

Why did the anime change its pacing later-on?

Post by Conan2002 »

I remember early-on (via re-watching some-what recently) the anime used the cover cases in one episode, even-though the manga cases were IIRC always about the same length, but nowadays they split them into 2 or even 3 part cases. I liked it way more how it used to be in that regard.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Why did the anime change its pacing later-on?

Post by Spimer »

Some episodes in the early times cut a lot of things to fit 3 chapters in one episode, but at some point they realized that it didn't work well to properly establish the mystery and let the audience deduct things.

So it changed to the standard 2-episode format for a 3-chapter case. Of course, if there were more chapters it increases to more episodes or they did special episodes.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I know there was some stuff cut, but do you remember anything in particular? I can't remember anything right-now. Changes, yes but nothing outright cut.

Personally I preferred the 1 episode per case or even 2 episodes per case structure, but 3 episodes became too much unless a case really could use it. Like the Night Baron case as an example.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Most of the stuff cut early on were either Black Organization scenes (a baffling choice, to say the least), or references to past cases that wouldn't make sense because they switch the order of things around (episode 7's case in the manga references the case in like episode 21 or something like that).

I do agree that the pacing has slowed down too much at times, but that's partially because (especially nowadays) there's only so much of the manga they can adapt if they don't want to catch up, but the manga chapters are the cases that actually matter so if they stretch them out then they make up more of the anime. That's my guess at least.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I remembered some stuff from the Karaoke-Bar case being cut a-bit earlier, as-well as looking-up & seeing that the teacher case with poison also having some things cut.