Detective Conan Movie 24 (2021) - The Scarlet Bullet (緋色の弾丸) - Friday April 16

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
k11chi

Re: Detective Conan Movie 24 (2020) - The Scarlet Bullet (緋色の弾丸) - Friday April 17

Post by k11chi »

Interesting to hear Akai talk about his mother :)
k11chi

Re: Detective Conan Movie 24 (2020) - The Scarlet Bullet (緋色の弾丸) - Friday April 17

Post by k11chi »

The full song is out! Holy crap! The instruments and the build-up is fantastic! :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8t41QfHEc
RoboG55
Akai family... so cool....

Post by RoboG55 »

There was a recent post on Twitter from @conan_file (verified account) in relation to Movie 24 being postponed/delayed due to COVID-19, with a published written message from Gosho.
https://twitter.com/conan_file/status/1 ... 9229858816

EDIT: The official announcement related to this postponement is on the official movie website as well.
https://www.conan-movie.jp/news24/1585724120.html

In addition, there was a reupload of the trailer, in which the release date has changed to "近日公開" (Coming Soon) to reflect the postponement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrcHKjGHUBI
Spoiler:
Just trying to stay afloat in the hell that is life..
RoboG55
Akai family... so cool....

Post by RoboG55 »

It was recently announced that due to the coronavirus pandemic, the date of release has been postponed to April 2021. There will be more specific information on the exact date and such in the future.

This update was posted on the official movie website as well as @conan_file on Twitter, the former having more details:
https://www.conan-movie.jp/news24/15912 ... 1591609142

In addition, there is a handwritten message from Gosho Aoyama for everyone who was looking forward to the release, which can be viewed both on the movie website and @conan_file:
https://www.conan-movie.jp/news24/15912 ... 1591609142
Just trying to stay afloat in the hell that is life..
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

great another bad news...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Hanfoi

Post by Hanfoi »

Detective Conan Movie 24: Main Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dD9gjSE3v4

Mod edit: added a description of the video. Next time add it yourself, please.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

A new release date has finally been announced—April 16th, 2021!

And courtesy of Kemo, here's a message accompanying the announcement from Conan's voice actress, Minami Takayama:

"Thank you for your patience! We appreciate it! We are pleased to announce the release of our latest film.
For the first time in 24 years, we have postponed the release of the film... and to be honest, it has taken a huge toll on us.
However, I was determined to wait for the dangerous wave to pass with those of you who look forward to it every year, so I was able to change my mind.
I haven't seen the finished film yet, so I'm hoping to build up my excitement for the release of the film again from here.
A year of waiting is a long time, but compared to the time I had to declare my girlfriend with Ran... lol.
The Scarlet Bullet RELOAD begins!
Takayama Minami"
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Detective Conan Movie 24 (2021) - The Scarlet Bullet (緋色の弾丸) - Friday April 16

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Info about the preview for Movie 25 is already out there:
Spoiler:
Shot of Sakura (Cherry Blossom) trees, and then it pans up to MPD Headquarters.

"Hey guys! It's our turn!"

"Yeah!"

It then pans up to the sky, flashes to the DC logo, and Sakura petals float in front of the logo before it cuts to a release date of Golden Week 2022.

Context clues aside, it would seem this is Jinpei Matsuda talking to his fellow protagonists of Wild Police Story (Rei Furuya/Bourbon, Hiromitsu Morofushi/Scotch, Kenji Hagiwara and Wataru Date).

(Will update if there's any official clarification on this)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ssjup81
Official 2D Fanglomper

Re: Detective Conan Movie 24 (2021) - The Scarlet Bullet (緋色の弾丸) - Friday April 16

Post by ssjup81 »

Interesting movie 25 preview there. I honestly can't wait to see movie 24 whenever that's available. I would assume that it has been officially released in theaters there if nothing has changed. Any box office information or has anyone here seen it? This is one of my only regrets of being back in the US...no more watching the films in the theater. lol
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

:)
Last edited by Kuro on June 14th, 2021, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Reminder to not post any links to camrips or anything similar.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ssjup81
Official 2D Fanglomper

Post by ssjup81 »

So is there any box office information? I'm curious given the pandemic situation. I know that that Sailor Moon movie didn't do well at the box office.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

According to Yahoo news, it recently achieved 7 billion Yen box office. Which is pretty good taking into account the covid-19 situation and the temporary shutdown of theaters in big cities.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/0e97f ... 15971b5f82
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

DVD & Blu-Ray confirmed for release on October 27th.

https://twitter.com/CollectorsConan/sta ... 18433?s=20

Remember that links to fan-made subbed versions or uploads of the raw movie CANNOT be posted here.