Old DCTP promos

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
AgOkami

Old DCTP promos

Post by AgOkami »

Back when DCTP posted scanlations here, they had these awesome promos that I really miss. Found a few of them on my old PC, and figured I should share.

Vol. 76, File 805: Wataru Brothers

Hiding the rest in spoilers in case the sizes gives you trouble.

Vol. 72, File 754: A Dangerous Game of Hide-and-Seek
Spoiler:
Vol. 75, File 785: The Mistress' Written Confession
Spoiler:
Vol. 77, File 780: The Magical Food
Spoiler:
Vol. 72, File 752: A Troublesome, Tough Case
Spoiler:
Vol. 71, File 746: Ask Holmes
Spoiler:
Vol. 72, File 753: A Person in Need of Rescue
Spoiler:
Vol. 78, File 820: Mystery Train (First Class)
Spoiler:
Vol. 72, File 756: A Grotesque Death
Spoiler:
Vol. 67, File 701: What Red & Number 13 Indicate
Spoiler:
Vol. 67, File 698: An Uncertain and Fragile Thing
Spoiler:
Also vol. 67, File 698: An Uncertain and Fragile Thing
Spoiler:
Vol. 66, File 696: Goth Loli
Spoiler:
Vol. 67, File 702: The Bomber's Plot
Spoiler:
Vol. 67, File 705: Kobayashi Sensei's Love
Spoiler:
Vol. 67, File 706: Kobayashi Sensei's Misunderstanding
Spoiler:
Vol. 68, File 716: The Bird Fair
Spoiler:
Vol. 69, File 721: The Kappa's Identity
Spoiler:
(I love how close this is to what actually happened.)
Last edited by AgOkami on December 17th, 2018, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Old DCTP promos

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

These are pretty good! ;D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Maybe Jd- still has them ? He's usually there for the annual DC Christmas stream so it might be a good opportunity to ask him.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Those are so much fun!
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Wakarimashita wrote:Maybe Jd- still has them ? He's usually there for the annual DC Christmas stream so it might be a good opportunity to ask him.
He.....won't be unfortunately
:X Not this year
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Jecka wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:Maybe Jd- still has them ? He's usually there for the annual DC Christmas stream so it might be a good opportunity to ask him.
He.....won't be unfortunately
:X Not this year
^^^
When is the christmas stream this year?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Haha, many of those gave me a good chuckle.

Something’s bothering me, though—I can’t for the life of me remember having seen this scene in the manga. Could anyone tell me which case it’s from?
Spoiler:
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Chapter 753
It's from the first case after the London Trip
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Oh, those are brilliant!
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

>:D
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

I knew there were more lurking in my PC. I'll add these to the first post and add file number and name for each of them.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Wow, nice—you got more of 'em! ;D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I distinctly remember seeing the one from that case where Conan was knocked out and Haibara had to deal with Kid, where Haibara decides the series is now Detective Haibara.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

kkslider5552000 wrote:I distinctly remember seeing the one from that case where Conan was knocked out and Haibara had to deal with Kid, where Haibara decides the series is now Detective Haibara.
That chapter was after translations were no longer posted on DCTP, right? I haven't seen any promos like that since then. Would love to see them if anyone got them!
DCUniverseAficionado

AgOkami wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:I distinctly remember seeing the one from that case where Conan was knocked out and Haibara had to deal with Kid, where Haibara decides the series is now Detective Haibara.
That chapter was after translations were no longer posted on DCTP, right? I haven't seen any promos like that since then. Would love to see them if anyone got them!
As far as I can recall, DCTP got a cease-and-desist from Viz Manga in 2014—I think either 900 or 901 was the last time DCTP put out their own translation of a DC file.