Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post by Wakarimashita »

Early trailer added in the opening post.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Wakarimashita

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post by Wakarimashita »

Official poster - Theatrical version (LQ) :

If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Its always so good to see Makoto!
All movies with Kid are special to me, but maybe Gosho is over doing it with Kid x Shinichi for Ran. I must admit though, it gives us good laughs!
Can't wait.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Gosho Aoyama comment about M23, posted in official movie site (1/16/19):

Hello, it's me, Aoyama! This year's movie will be the first to(take place) overseas! Conan and Kid will be very active in Singapore!
Ran and Shinichi, with their new relationship, also makes you wonder (how it'll be like) but...
But the (main) highlight is indeed, Kyougoku Vs Kid!
The strong Kyougoku, who feels (he's) in the wrong manga, and his flashy action! (See) it on the big screen!
Enjoy it while clenching your "fists"♪
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

Kinda interesting that they aren't riding the Zero wave and giving him another movie next year, though I guess they are trying to not oversaturate him. Will guess he'll be back for movie 24 in 2020.

And I still can't believe Kid vs Makoto is a legit rivalry now.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Official poster - Threatrical version (HQ) :

kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

So did Japan absolutely love Kid vs. Makoto like I did? Because otherwise it's very weird for such a relatively minor character the be the focus of a Conan movie. And by that I mean, some marketing guy wouldn't see this character as a way to make the this a notably successful Conan movie, so I assume they think this will get people to want to see it.

I guess I should just be happy they're making a movie for me. :V
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Guest VAs for Movie 23 announced.

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_movie/status/ ... 6113707009
https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/318506

Yamazaki Ikusaburo -> plays Leon Law, the "Singapore detective" and criminal behavior psychologist, who will hinder both Conan & Kid

Kawakita Mayuko-> plays his secretary, the beautiful Rachel Cheong

Translation of the article (enclosed in spoiler box to save up space)
Spoiler:
It's been announced that Yamazaki Ikusaburo and Kawakita Mayuko will be taking part as guest voice actors in the 23rd movie "Detective Conan: Fist of Blue Sapphira".

This installment of the TV anime "Detective Conan" movies is a story involving the "Fist of Blue Sapphire", the world's bigger blue sapphire, believed to have sunken into the seabed on the late 19th century. It depicts how Edogawa Conan, Kaito Kid and Kyougoku Makoto get dragged into a huge conspiracy in Singapore. Yamazaki plays Leon Law, called "the Singapore detective" and who has two faces: that of the criminal behavior psychologist and that of the industrialist. Kawakita is in charge of the voice of his secretary, Rachel Cheong.

Leon is a key character in this installment who'll antagonizing Conan. Yamazaki enthusiastically says "Conan-kun solves everything so I'd like to corner him when he's almost solved it". Most of Leon's and Rachel's lines have English on them so he places his expectations on his "pal", saying "I gotta work hard on those so please tell me about pronunciation and so, Kitakawa-san". On the other hand, Kitakawa was raised in New York so she's very confident in her English skills. "I'm better at English than Japanese so it takes off tension (laughs)", she says. "The previous movie, where my senior on the (voice acting) agency, Ueto Aya-san, acted, achieved an incredible record so (the staff) get a lot of pressured placed on them... (laughs)", so she stated.

Yamazaki Ikusaburo Comments

It's a movie that's a representative of Japan, so I was very happy when I was told the offer.

Leon Law, whom I'll voice, is a criminal psychologist known as the detective of Singapore but he's actually an industrialist: he's a character with many enigmas to him but I think I'll voice him in an attractive manner. He'll be antagonizing Conan-kun, but Conan-kun solves everything so I'd like to corner him when he's almost solved it.
When I was in 2nd year of high school, I studied abroad for a year in Missouri, USA, but I gotta work hard on my acting and English lines so please tell me about pronunciation and so, Kitakawa-san!

Kitakawa Mayuko Comments

This movie is set overseas so it'll be very fun. I'll play Rachel, Leon's secretary.
I think she's a intellectual rule, since she can use both Japanese and English.
I was born and raised in New York so I lived there until I was 16 years old. I'm confident with English! I'm better at English so it takes off tension (laughs). The previous movie, where my senior on the (voice acting) agency, Ueto Aya-san, acted, achieved an incredible record so (the staff) get a lot of pressured placed on them... (laughs) I'd be glad if everyone looks forward to this movie, too.

Yonekura Koujin (Yomiuri TV Producer) Comments

Leon Law, whom I asked Yamazaki Ikusaburo-san to play, reads peoples' hearts and controls people as he wishes. He's plotting something big? He's suspicious. He talks both Japanese and English so it must be hard to play him (laughs). (Yamazaki-san) expressed his emotions with all of his body, his acting skills is very valued in the world of musicals. The English skill he cultivated during his studies abroad. He seemed to be a combination of both so all of us producers decided we wanted to ask of him (to do the role) and thus we offered it to him. I look forward to his passionate acting.

Kitakawa Mayuko-san will play "Rachel Cheong", who's the loyal and beautiful secretary of Leon Law, played by Yamazaki Ikusaburo-san, skillfully controls both Japanese and English, she's a competent woman who's loyal and obedient. A beautiful woman who's proficient at English... We held a meeting over that and we producers agreed on that "it can only be her!". "Kitakawa-san, yes", that was the unanimous instant reply (laughs).

Leon Law, played by Ikusaburo-san, and Rachel, played by Kitakawa-san. I look forward to the (voice) recording to (see) what new widths they'll bring to the movie.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

90 seconds trailer + theme song reveal (singer: Hiroomi Tosaka, song: Blue Sapphire):

https://youtu.be/2X-JSRWnH1Y

Trailer translation:
Spoiler:
Detective Conan : The Fist of Blue Sapphire (90s trailer)

Kid: "I need your help this time around, Detective!"
Conan: "Huh!?"
Original Work: Aoyama Gosho (Detective Conan) (Serialized in Shogakukan Shonen Sunday)
Conan: "A murder in Singapore..."
Conan: "A bloody notice card from Kid..."
Conan: "His target is..."
Text: The legendary secret treasure "Blue Sapphire"
Conan: "The legendary secret treasure...!"
Conan: "However...!"
Conan: "The strongest karateka with a streak of 400 victories..."
Conan: "Kyogoku Makoto, gets on his way!"
Kid: "Huh! What are you doing here!?"
Makoto: "I needn't answer!"
Conan: "Kid...Why did you bring me here...?"
Kid: "Guess the contents, Detective..."
Kid: "The contents of this mysterious () called a "murder"..."
Text (vertical, from left to right): "Magic, Detective, Kick"
Detective: "I think we'll solve the issue with Kid soon enough"
Text: "A huge "darkness" springs into action"
Sonoko: "I don't want a man full of lies to protect me!"
Ran: "Hey, Shinichi...We're a couple, aren't we?"
Conan: "I know that you're the mastermind behind this!"
Conan: "The legendary secret treasure buried in the seabed..."
Conan: "Will awaken the "darkness" of Singapore after a long time...!"
Conan: "Don't tell me that he---!"
Text: "One age---"
Makoto: "Please! Don't get away from me again!"
Text: "Is coming to an end"
Kid: "Stealing treasures is my job!"
Conan: "Don't die, Kid!!"
Conan: "Detective Conan, the movie!"
Kid&Conan: "The Fist of Blue Sapphire!"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

30s trailer (2nd) (February 22nd):

https://youtu.be/sO33yO6Nvvo

Translation:
Spoiler:
M23 30 seconds trailer (2nd) (February 22)
Text: Original Work
Aoyama Gosho
(Detective Conan) (Serialized in Shogakukan Shonen Sunday)
Conan: "How about you tell me already..."
Conan: "The true meaning of you dragging me here..."
Makoto: "Please, stay with me!"
Conan: "Singapore's huge "darkness"..."
Text: Singapore's huge "darkness", a legendary secret treasure
Conan: "Their aim is the legendary secret treasure!"
Conan: "I know that you're the mastermind!"
Kid:"Guess the contents, Detective..."
Kid: "The contents of this mysterious fist named "murder"..."
Conan: "Detective Conan, the movie!"
Conan & Kid: "The Fist of Blue Sapphire!"
Conan: "Don't die, Kid!"
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

That kick looks painful, when you realize that Makoto can destroy pillars with punches.
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Two days before its release, the Original Soundtrack’s track list has been published.
Spoiler:
Katsuo Oono, about to turn eighty(!), has delivered fifty-six new compositions—two more than for Zero The Enforcer a year ago, but nine less than for The Crimson Love Letter two years ago. Since the overall duration is only about fifty-one minutes, the average length per composition slips to a good fifty-four seconds, down from one minute and ten seconds (Zero The Enforcer) and even fifty-seven seconds (The Crimson Love Letter).

1.プールサイド・バカンス — 1. Poolside Vacation
 2.Murder in the First — 2. Murder in the First
 3.コナンと灰原 — 3. Conan And Haibara
 4.シンガポールへ — 4. To Singapore
 5.紺青のクイズ — 5. The Quiz Of Blue Sapphire
 6.名探偵コナンメインテーマ(紺青の拳ヴァージョン) — 6. Detective Conan Main Theme (The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version)
 7.新一? — 7. Shinichi?
 8.怪盗キッド ~紺青の拳ヴァージョン~ — 8. Kaitou Kid ~The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version~
 9.アーサー・ヒライ — 9. Arthur Hirai
10.京極登場 — 10. Kyougoku Appears
11.京極の話 — 11. Kyougoku’s Story
12.園子の本気 — 12. Sonoko’s Seriousness
13.リシのテーマ — 13. Rishi’s Theme
14.リシの説明 — 14. Rishi’s Explanation
15.レオン・ロー — 15. Leon Law
16.紺青の拳 — 16. The Fist Of Blue Sapphire
17.怪盗キッド~紺青の拳ヴァージョン~ 2 — 17. Kaitou Kid~The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version~ 2
18.キッド vs レオン — 18. Kid vs Leon
19.キッド vs 京極 — 19. Kid vs Kyougoku
20.Flying with Wind — 20. Fying with Wind
21.シンガポール・セレナード — 21. Singapore Serenade
22.ジョンハン・カップ — 22. Jeonghan Cup
23.強い貴公子 — 23. Strong Young Noble
24.金庫室 — 24. Vault
25.小五郎へのメッセージ — 25. Message To Kogorou
26.マインドコントロール — 26. Mind Control
27.京極と園子 — 27. Kyougoku And Sonoko
28.彼女のトリック — 28. Her Trick
29.キッドを追い詰めろ — 29. Track Kid Down
30.キッド脱出 — 30. Kid Escapes
31.Flying Kid — 31. Flying Kid
32.京極と園子 2 — 32. Kyougoku And Sonoko 2
33.ストリートファイト — 33. Street Fight
34.待合室 — 34. Waiting Room
35.マインドコントロール 2 — 35. Mind Control 2
36.リシの部屋 — 36. Rishi’s Room
37.Dreamy Eyes — 37. Dreamy Eyes
38.トリックの迷路 — 38. Maze Of The Trick
39.推理の展開 — 39. Deduction Development
40.少年探偵団の日常 — 40. The Detective Boys’ Everyday Life
41.マインドコントロール 3 — 41. Mind Control 3
42.灰原の調査 — 42. Haibara’s Inquiry
43.コナンとキッドの推理 — 43. Conan And Kid’s Deduction
44.暴かれた陰謀 — 44. Exposed Conspiracy
45.月の光(作曲:C.A.ドビュッシー) — 45. Moonlight (Composition: C. A. Debussy)
46.真相への道 — 46. Road To The Truth
47.リシの計画 — 47. Rishi’s Plan
48.パイレーツ — 48. Pirates
49.アクションタイプ — 49. Action Type
50.対決 — 50. Confrontation
51.パイレーツ・アタック — 51. Pirates’ Attack
52.貴公子の拳 — 52. The Fist Of Young Noble
53.蘭と新一 — 53. Ran And Shinichi
54.確保!! — 54. Secure!!
55.再会の時 — 55. Time Of Reunion
56.名探偵コナンメインテーマ(紺青の拳ヴァージョン)フルサイズ — 56. Detective Conan Main Theme (The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version) Full Size

I’m curious if 8. Kaitou Kid ~The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version~ and 17. Kaitou Kid~The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version~ 2 are indeed new versions of Kaitou Kid’s original theme Kaitou Kid Appears that was introduced in The Last Magician Of The Century twenty years ago. Without having heard any of this, I do appreciate the clean and simple nomenclature because it hasn’t always been like this, and for some reason, I have a hunch that Mind Control, which has been given no less than three different versions, will turn out to be interesting.

As always, the music will probably be far better than the movie.
Last edited by Valentin on April 14th, 2019, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

I apologize for double posting, but a wild material has appeared! Here’s 56. Detective Conan Main Theme (The Fist Of Blue Sapphire Version) Full Size:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpKBveQCRUA
Spoiler:
Once more, it’s a pretty different approach. The nostalgia trip continues: after the sax made its comeback last year (and is still around), now it’s trumpets and horns that revive the vibes of The Time-Bombed Skyscraper and The Phantom Of Baker Street. Having listened to this version a few times, however, I must say that it can’t quite keep up with the previous two. Still, I do like the instrumental diversity and think it’s really good overall.

Speaking of nostalgia, this one is overkill. If you’ve ever watched the series, 9. Arthur Hirai will sound very familiar to your ears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ePJi1R54fw

And as a bonus, here’s 49. Action Type, which is probably the lead-in to the climax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9wV4cKWLZE

I can’t wait to hear the rest.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Thanks for your contributions, Valentin.

One thing: couldn't you reformat the OST list to put the translated name below the japanese name? I think it'll be easier to read if you do that instead of this 2-column format.
jmaeshawn
Detective Conan Fan and Fansubber :)

Post by jmaeshawn »

Misztina wrote:At least the title is more translate-able than last time's. I still don't get it. Zero the executioner? What the...? How "eyecutioner"? I watched the movie and still have no clue.
You need to stop thinking that a word in Japanese corresponds to only one word in English. Look up the word 執行 (shikkou) in any Japanese to English dictionary, and you'll see that the word translates to "execution", "carry out", "performance", "enforcement", "exercise", or "service". In this case, "enforcement" is the word that applies. Add 人 (nin), meaning "person", to the end of that and you get "enforcement person" or "enforcer". Thus you get the official English title of "Zero the Enforcer".

I'm pretty sure the "Zero the Executioner" was just someone's early hack-job of a translation that ended up getting spread around before an actual translation of the movie came out.