Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita

Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post by Wakarimashita »

Official website : https://www.conan-movie.jp/index.html (not yet fully updated)

Poster :

Early trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGRtRw2a3k&feature=youtu.be

Some movie pics and details :

"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I loved the Makoto and Kid case. I hated the last Kid movie.

No idea how to feel about this. :V
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Misztina

Re: Detective Conan Movie 23 (2019) - The Fist of Blue Sapphire (紺青の拳 ) - Friday April 12

Post by Misztina »

At least the title is more translate-able than last time's. I still don't get it. Zero the executioner? What the...? How "eyecutioner"? I watched the movie and still have no clue.

Makoto is new to the movie, maybe his character can bring something interesting/special to the table. They better put Amuro in it for at least 10 secs, so fangirls will watch it too. XD

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Makoto. I'm not a big fan of Kid in the Detective Conan universe, but... it might just be better than movie 14. I actually didn't mind him in Movie 19. RanxKid continues... oh well.

And tempering with APTX-4869's antidote again. Tsk, tsk. I wouldn't allow that in a movie. Even movie 7 was a stretch. Btw. it's only an assumption of mine that Conan will turn into Shinichi, but how else would he travel to Singapore, right? Wait, it's a movie. Anything is possible.

Will they top the bombing from last movie? I always think it's impossible, but, I always stand corrected. But since it's a Kid movie too, there might be less explosion. I don't know.
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

Finally struggled my way through most of the movies, and since this Image was my face through 99% of each movie, it shouldn't take much to impress me.

KidxRan is so overused in the movies. I hope they'll at least have him throw that disguise in a last desperate second instead of making a dramatic "Shinichi's back!" entrance with Ran slow-gasping and eyes going big.
Can't wait for Conan to try to murder Kid with the power-up shoes and a football while Kid's flying again. Oh, and Conan using the skateboard to jump 200m into the air, of course. At least we probably don't have to watch Gin and co. flashing around a huge helicopter while machine-gunning and bombing an entire area full of random people to pieces while the police are watching.

I'll try to make this my only comment about the movies, 'cause I hardly got anything good to say about any of them.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

AgOkami wrote:I'll try to make this my only comment about the movies, 'cause I hardly got anything good to say about any of them.
And the first 5 movies?

Did they get this Image reaction from you, as well?

Seems that everything after that (Movie 6–present) gets viewed as lesser, in terms of quality—the degree to which the quality is considered inferior varies from person to person, though.

I ask because mostly everyone seems to have a soft spot for the first 5 movies (at least, that's my impression)—just wondering if that doesn't apply to you.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
AgOkami wrote:I'll try to make this my only comment about the movies, 'cause I hardly got anything good to say about any of them.
And the first 5 movies?

Did they get this Image reaction from you, as well?

Seems that everything after that (Movie 6–present) gets viewed as lesser, in terms of quality—the degree to which the quality is considered inferior varies from person to person, though.

I ask because mostly everyone seems to have a soft spot for the first 5 movies (at least, that's my impression)—just wondering if that doesn't apply to you.
It's probably around 15 years since I watched the first six movies. The only thing I remember about them when it comes to whether I liked them or not, is that I really wanted to like the 4th one for some reason (but I didn't). I should watch them again.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I think this might be pretty decent if the pacing is like in 21 with these side character focused main plots.
Sonoko potentially in the lead is a big plus honestly...
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

I was made aware of this due to the Red Thread FaceBook page:

There's already an (unconfirmed) synopsis of the movie out there—originally posted by @kaitouhayato570 and translated by Kurea.
Spoiler:
"There's a murder at Marina Bay, and a KID card is found, but with blood on it.
Sonoko, Makoto and Ran go to Singapore for a karate tournament. Conan stays in Tokyo (for passport reasons). But KID needs him for something, and brings Shinichi to Singapore against his will. There, Shinichi gets everything stolen (watch, clothes, shoes…) and has to follow KID, if he wants to go back to Japan. When he encounters Ran, he makes up a new identity (Arthur "Hirai"). 
And then KID learns where to get the blue sapphire, but has to deal with Makoto."
The content seems to match this article: 
https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0105361
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

That actually sounds interesting. Guess I'm giving the movies a chance nr. 23.
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

That's quite interesting,
The movie might be more interesting than I expected.
I'll wait for the Trailer, I might get the vibe it will be good. (I know Trailers usually have scenes that are taken out or something, So I do take them with a grain of salt )
However, It does sound more interesting then movie 19 ( even the trailer for M19 couldn't get me to get excited )
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
Glacierfairy

Post by Glacierfairy »

Singapore as the setting for a Conan movie would be very interesting indeed. I wonder whether they would scale back on the explosions though. Real-life Singapore has such strict law enforcement that the last bombing incident I can remember occurred way back in 1965! But then again, it is Detective Conan... ^^;
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

I welcome a DC movie without huge areas being blown up. I really hope they'll get voice actors who can speak Malay/Mandarin etc properly for once. The "Americans" in some movies were a disaster that made it impossible to take the characters even a tiny bit serious.
DCUniverseAficionado

Toho Movie and maidigitv each posted the teaser trailer on their YouTube channels, today.
Spoiler:
It confirms that the unofficial synopsis we were discussing was right on the money.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on December 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of the 30 seconds trailer:
Spoiler:
Detective Conan Movie 23 Trailer Translation:

Text: Original Work
Aoyama Gosho
"Detective Conan" (Serialized in the Shogakukan Weekly "Shonen Sunday")
Kid: "This time around..."
Text: Kaito Kid
Kid: "I've been totally..."
Kid: "Fooled..."
Text: "Desperate Situation"
Conan: "The karateka of 400 consecutive victories, Kyogoku Makoto..."
Conan: "And the darkness of the "country of lions", Singapore..."
Conan: "Face us!"
Kid: "What are you doing here!?"
Text: "Moonlight Magician VS"
Text: "Young Nobleman of Kicks"
Makoto: "I don't need to answer!"
Movie: "Detective Conan, The Movie:"
Kid&Conan: "The First of Blue Sapphire!!"
Ran: "What's your name, boy?"
Conan: "Huh!? My name is..."
Conan: "Arthur Hirai!!"
Also, translation of official site synopsis:
Spoiler:
Detective Conan Movie 23 official site synopsis

The world's greatest blue sapphire, the "blue lapis fist", said to have sunk in a pirate ship in the late 19th century, on the coasts of Singapore.

A local millionaire plots to retrieve it, and when it's exhibited in an exhibition at the Singaporean Marina Sands hotel, a murder takes place. A bloody Kaito Kid announcement card is found in the crime scene.

In the meantime, Ran and Sonoko have come to Singapore to see a karate tournament held there. Conan, who doesn't have a passport and can't travel overseas, was supposed to stay at home.
But Kid, who wants to make use of him, uses a magical trick to forcibly drag him to Singapore. Conan must obey Kid if he wants to get back to Japan, gets his glasses, wristwatch and clothes, amongst others, all stolen from him and he has to disguise himself.

Ran, who doesn't realize who he is, asks him his name and he improvises the name Arthur Hirai (!?)

Kid eventually gets a hold of information about the "fist" being stored in a manor's underground vault. Just when he was thinking that he'd made it inside very easily, he finds a dangerous trap awaiting him.

Facing him is the strongest karateka with 400 consecutive victories: Kyougoku Makoto. What'll happen to Kid...!?

And as if it were a sign of something ominous, crimson water flows out from the Singaporean symbols, the Merlions!

Catchphrase:
The "legendary secret treasure" buried in the seabed time ago awakens a darkness that echoes across the "country of lions (Singapore)"!!
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
AgOkami

Post by AgOkami »

Thanks for the translation!

Conan is as good at making up names as I am.