After thinking about it logically, there really isn't a need for Conan to return back to normal

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
irishock

After thinking about it logically, there really isn't a need for Conan to return back to normal

Postby irishock » September 29th, 2018, 8:17 am

I mean other than for the plot resolution of 'yay I'm back to being Shinichi'

His body is only biologically 10 years younger than Ran. He only needs to wait like a decade (+/-) until he reaches, you know, the age of consent. It's not like him and Ran were both 30 in the beginning and he shrunk to 7. So what's the big deal if he doesn't match Ran in age? They can get married when he's 18 and she's 27/28.

**assuming he still ages at his body's current state.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: After thinking about it logically, there really isn't a need for Conan to return back to normal

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 2nd, 2018, 2:38 am

I think that one OVA had a counterpoint to this theory.

...I think
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
k11chi

Re: After thinking about it logically, there really isn't a need for Conan to return back to normal

Postby k11chi » October 2nd, 2018, 9:09 am

Ran will never find out Conan'strue identity and the series will end with conan taking new antidotes and running off into the sunset until he's 18.
Misztina

Postby Misztina » October 13th, 2018, 3:05 pm

I start to believe that too, sometimes. I mean, there will be the fight(?) against the Boss and the taking down of the BO (Vermouth dying dressed up as Ran, thus helping her one more time...sorry I had to write this XD) and Conan will finally tell the obvious to Ran that he is Shinichi, but... what about the antidote?

It seems very unstable and Shinichi's body is super resistent, it takes him less and less time to turn back to Conan. 24 hours, 12 hours, now 8 hours. I think Ai is being too kind to him by lending a hand in turning back. She likes him, so she thinks he better enjoy his "lost teenage world" for a little longer, it's like keeping Shinichi happier a bit longer until the bitter, true reality checks in. If he is lucky, he won't stay at the age of 7 permanently. We still don't know whether the drug was intended to make someone relive his/her youth or make them stuck at that age. And with the change of Vermouth's drawing style it is, again, pretty hard to guess whether she aged at all or not.

It's not unthinkable that he will have to wait 10+ years to be together with Ran. Afterall, the almost same thing happened in Yaiba too. Although the age gap was a bit smaller. And Chotto matte (Gosho's other work) is also about waiting for someone, while the other doesn't age.