Anyone else misses the old soundtrack?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Valentin

Re: Anyone else misses the old soundtrack?

Post by Valentin »

Adel34 wrote:Could you tell me which other three episodes featured the song?
Sure: It’s Episode 310, Episode 371, and Episode 390.
Adel34 wrote:Yes, I knew about the faster and slower versions, but I was talking about the regular version.
So was I. Maybe this summary will be of help:
  • The Culprit’s Hideout, the standard version with medium tempo, “was actually pretty stable throughout. It showed up a few times each year, with 2002 having been almost as active as 1996”. It continued to be in use after Episode 100 and was included as late as in Episode 456 from 2006.
  • The Culprit’s Hideout (Creeping In ver.), the slow variant, was the representative of this suite and one of the most featured songs in general. I don’t think anyone watching the show doesn’t know this piece.
  • The Culprit’s Hideout (More and More ver.), the fast arrangement, was only slightly less prominent than the regular one and present until the reboot as well.
Perhaps due to the relatively minor differences between The Culprit’s Hideout and The Culprit’s Hideout (More and More ver.), they didn’t remake both. There’s The Culprit’s Hideout (Creeping In) ’07 and The Culprit’s Hideout (More and More) ’07, but no The Culprit’s Hideout ’07.
Adel34 wrote:By the way, Valentin, I just remembered another one of my favorites. It's called "Hope", but I can't remember in which episodes it was played and how often. Could you help out?
I’m afraid you’ve really picked the most niche compositions the soundtracks have to offer. Since Hope had a mere five plays in total, I’ll just give you all of them: Episode 36, Episode 157, Episode 388, Episode 428, and Episode 445. As you see, ironically, it actually became more frequent toward the end.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Valentin wrote:Sure: It’s Episode 310, Episode 371, and Episode 390.
Thanks. I did some research and found out that this piece stopped playing mid-1997 and returned mid-1998.
Valentin wrote:I’m afraid you’ve really picked the most niche compositions the soundtracks have to offer. Since Hope had a mere five plays in total, I’ll just give you all of them: Episode 36, Episode 157, Episode 388, Episode 428, and Episode 445. As you see, ironically, it actually became more frequent toward the end.
I see. I realized that I know this song best from the Russian Blue case, but I had a feeling that I definitely heard it somewhere during the early days. So it was episode 36, I see. Well, I just happen to like the niche pieces in the series. Still, five plays is still more than one. Take "If You're There" from the Ghost Ship case, it was episode 80-something, I believe. It's the vocal version of the main Conan theme. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was the only time the song was played in the series.
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

There is an insert song which appears twice in episode 345. IIRC, the same insert appears sometime during DR (188-195). I *think* that one's Kimi ga ireba (matches your title).

Another insert song appeared in episodes 62 and 65, which I *think* is Boku ga iru (matches your timeframe).

Is one of those what you're thinking of?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

usotsuki wrote:
Another insert song appeared in episodes 62 and 65, which I *think* is Boku ga iru (matches your timeframe).

Is one of those what you're thinking of?
Yes, episode 62, the ghost ship case rescue scene. Oh, so it played one more time in episode 65. Thanks for the info. Maybe Valentin could confirm it, please?
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

I identified those episodes by full text searching my subtitles.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

You’re confusing the songs.
  • If You’re There (← Main Theme) is the composition from Episode 62 and Episode 65. It never appeared later.
  • I’m There (← Conan’s Theme) was featured in Episode 76 and Episode 129. Its comical Conan Version is part of Episode 425’s foreplay.
  • What was used twice in Episode 345 and once during Desperate Revival (in Episode 193) is Love Is Always from the third movie. By the way, its instrumental arrangement (The Castle Is Burning) was given the ’07 treatment (for some reason) and can be heard during Jodie’s crying over Akai’s supposed death in Episode 504, which I think is a nice analogy.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Valentin wrote:You’re confusing the songs.
  • If You’re There (← Main Theme) is the composition from Episode 62 and Episode 65. It never appeared later.
  • I’m There (← Conan’s Theme) was featured in Episode 76 and Episode 129. Its comical Conan Version is part of Episode 425’s foreplay.
  • What was used twice in Episode 345 and once during Desperate Revival (in Episode 193) is Love Is Always from the third movie. By the way, its instrumental arrangement (The Castle Is Burning) was given the ’07 treatment (for some reason) and can be heard during Jodie’s crying over Akai’s supposed death in Episode 504, which I think is a nice analogy.
I see. But doesn't it have a similar melody? For example, the song from episode 1 and "If You're There" and "I'm there" all have a similar melody, don't they?
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

I know the "main theme" was used with two different titles and sets of lyrics - one of them was "Massugu yuku" and was used sometime during the M-L era, I *think* it's the same tune as "Kimi ga ireba".

"Boku ga iru" has a similar tune and is used in some early eps as an action BGM, I think with lyrics it isn't used in an ep?
Christcc9

Post by Christcc9 »

usotsuki wrote: "Boku ga iru" has a similar tune and is used in some early eps as an action BGM, I think with lyrics it isn't used in an ep?
Can't remember which, gosh there are so many episodes... but it is used in some I'm sure about that
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
Andarer

Post by Andarer »

Kimi ga ireba is the main theme with lyrics. Boku Ga Iru is Conan's theme with lyrics. The song in these episodes is Kimi Ga Ireba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHswxHSO58 Conan's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8ZQCPooGU Boku ga iru
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Andarer wrote:Kimi ga ireba is the main theme with lyrics. Boku Ga Iru is Conan's theme with lyrics. The song in these episodes is Kimi Ga Ireba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHswxHSO58 Conan's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8ZQCPooGU Boku ga iru
Okay, I understand now. I did indeed confuse the songs. In conclusion - the song I was asking about is "If You're There" (Kimi ga Ireba) and it's the vocal version of the main theme.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Valentin, I have one more question. The song "The Culprit's (Sniper's) Identity", which episodes featured it?
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Adel34 wrote:Valentin, I have one more question. The song "The Culprit's (Sniper's) Identity", which episodes featured it?
Since we’re talking about a hundred plays, I guess the question is rather “Which episodes did not feature it?” …

Particularly if you watch an adaptation from 2004 or 2005, you can hardly miss it. Still, here are a few of the big ones that include it: Episode 288, Episode 345, Episode 496, Episode 521, Episode 648, Episode 754, Episode 861.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Valentin wrote:Since we’re talking about a hundred plays, I guess the question is rather “Which episodes did not feature it?” …

Particularly if you watch an adaptation from 2004 or 2005, you can hardly miss it. Still, here are a few of the big ones that include it: Episode 288, Episode 345, Episode 496, Episode 521, Episode 648, Episode 754, Episode 861.
No, no. The version I'm talking about included a second part to the song. Ep. 267, just before the ending theme. This is what I'm talking about. Not the version that plays nowadays. The version that plays these days does not include the second part.