Anyone else misses the old soundtrack?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Valentin

Re: Anyone else misses the old soundtrack?

Post by Valentin »

Adel34 wrote:
Valentin wrote:Since we’re talking about a hundred plays, I guess the question is rather “Which episodes did not feature it?” …

Particularly if you watch an adaptation from 2004 or 2005, you can hardly miss it. Still, here are a few of the big ones that include it: Episode 288, Episode 345, Episode 496, Episode 521, Episode 648, Episode 754, Episode 861.
No, no. The version I'm talking about included a second part to the song. Ep. 267, just before the ending theme. This is what I'm talking about. Not the version that plays nowadays. The version that plays these days does not include the second part.
While it’s true that the second part is frequently cut in more recent cases, the remake does include it. The first seconds of Episode 865 feature a condensed sample, the version played in Episode 846 from 08:36 is relatively complete, and the revelation of Kusuda Rikumichi before the ending theme of Episode 496 even has nothing but the latter portion.

The material is safe and sound. Apparently, though, the unnecessary decision to add strings at the beginning has caused a shift in the application of the song. Nowadays, it’s much less often the dramatic climax it used to be, but rather the prelude of a conflict.
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

I wonder what happened to Ohno's Band? They haven't been around since around Quarter of Silence.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

aaron_ouji wrote:I wonder what happened to Ohno's Band? They haven't been around since around Quarter of Silence.
Ofcourse they have, and will continue to be...
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

I have another question, I found out another piece that's rare and I really like, it's called "Trick". Do you know which episodes featured this song? (I know about ep 117).

Edit: Actually, no. The song I'm talking about isn't even in the list of songs. It's just before "Trick" in ep 117.
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

k11chi wrote:
aaron_ouji wrote:I wonder what happened to Ohno's Band? They haven't been around since around Quarter of Silence.
The band not being there is part of the reason the music nowadays is so low budget sounding.
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

aaron_ouji wrote:
k11chi wrote:
The band not being there is part of the reason the music nowadays is so low budget sounding. That and fake strings syndrome.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

aaron_ouji wrote:
k11chi wrote:
The band not being there is part of the reason the music nowadays is so low budget sounding.
It's because the guy uses synthetisator instead of actual instruments. Been using since Movie 5 but there are some nice themes every now and then, especially last year. M18 had couple, M7 as well...
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Shinichi-Kun wrote:Anyone know the name of this track??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4JT3Xyr4m4
"Critical Situation"/"Isshokusokuhatsu"
aaron_ouji

Post by aaron_ouji »

k11chi wrote:
aaron_ouji wrote:
k11chi wrote:
It's because the guy uses synthetisator instead of actual instruments. Been using since Movie 5 but there are some nice themes every now and then, especially last year. M18 had couple, M7 as well...
Remember all that music Ohno made around the mid 500s? As first, they were really synth but when the band was added to the pieces, they were a lot better.

Another thing I noticed is that the anime never really uses the stuff with the band from Movies 11-15
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

Anime is on verge of quality decline, lot of good bands with best music retired very short too.
Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Does anyone happen to remember Flash? It was only played a couple of times during the early era and disappeared altogether in 1998, so even some older fans might have forgotten about it.

Four weeks ago, though, that very same melody suddenly resounded in Episode 943 (between 14:10 and 14:30, if you’re interested), and the arrangement leaves no doubt: it’s a ’07 version! While a few of those updates that hadn’t been used in almost a decade have actually debuted in recent years, this one is a real surprise given that it’s among the most obscure compositions that the series has.

Yet again, it seems like the number of ’07 tracks might be considerably higher than expected. If even such an insignificant song received the treatment, maybe the much sought-after Mystery of the Culprit ’07 does exist after all?
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Valentin wrote:Does anyone happen to remember Flash? It was only played a couple of times during the early era and disappeared altogether in 1998, so even some older fans might have forgotten about it.

Four weeks ago, though, that very same melody suddenly resounded in Episode 943 (between 14:10 and 14:30, if you’re interested), and the arrangement leaves no doubt: it’s a ’07 version! While a few of those updates that hadn’t been used in almost a decade have actually debuted in recent years, this one is a real surprise given that it’s among the most obscure compositions that the series has.

Yet again, it seems like the number of ’07 tracks might be considerably higher than expected. If even such an insignificant song received the treatment, maybe the much sought-after Mystery of the Culprit ’07 does exist after all?
Brah... Let's hope.

I tried to skim to that part of the episode but the moment I noticed that this case is actually KOGORO AND CONAN DUO, I'm definitely going to watch this in its entirety.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit down and enjoy the lack of characters running about.