About the long term future of the Conan anime

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita

Re: About the long term future of the Conan anime

Post by Wakarimashita »

Indeed, and while 1) is always a possibility, 2) is just not happening. At the present time, the odds of episode 1000 being some random filler are actually higher than it being a BO episode, never mind a fantasized 2h special.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

mtcc

Post by mtcc »

my 4 optimistic chooses about ep 1000
1- rum true identity
2- sato and takagi wedding
3- mary story everything about her
4 ran birthday

and this one close to dream or wish
ERI come back to home
mtcc

Post by mtcc »

the worst thing would be Ep 1000 about 2020 Tokyo Olympic
Absenta

Post by Absenta »

My bets about Rum chasing Shinichi...In order to summon Shinichi he might kidnap Ran¿? (in her birthday xD)

I can imagine Shinichi taking the temporary antidote just to face Rum and save Ran, at the same time he must´t show his identity as Conan.

All this would be really cool and epic but Vermouth wouldn't´t let anything bad happening in Ran or Shinichi...
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

I hope chapter 1000 will be a BO arc like Clash arc but I'm not surprised is it is another filler cases and the worst of it is it will be chapter 1000 with huge amount of filler before.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

so... you all seem to think the anime will go on even after the manga concludes (whenever that may be)... does this mean the will ignore the manga ending if it doesn't suit their purpose? That will be the worse thing they do... but the way you talk about it seems very possible. I really want to see this out to the very end of the manga.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I don't think they will ignore it as much as they will find excuses as to why Conan is a kid again. Or just awkwardly say it takes place before Conan got the antidote or something.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

Dawn wrote:so... you all seem to think the anime will go on even after the manga concludes (whenever that may be)... does this mean the will ignore the manga ending if it doesn't suit their purpose? That will be the worse thing they do... but the way you talk about it seems very possible. I really want to see this out to the very end of the manga.
Nobody knows. At the very least, there are huge financial incentives to all parties for Conan to go on forever considering its such a ratings and box office juggernaut, but ultimately nobody knows what will happen at this point.

I'm thinking there are three main possibilities:

1. Conan anime ends following manga ending full stop. Conan/Shinichi might make such "comeback specials" every few years like Lupin and maybe we'll get Conan Kai in 20 years. The yearly Golden Week movies will probably stop barring maybe some anniversary specials.

2. Conan anime ends following manga ending but then we'll get the equivalent of Boruto, where it's essentially a Conan spinoff featuring either the next gen or some side character like Heiji that will be concurrently run in Sunday but will not be drawn by Gosho Aoyama. The yearly Golden Week movies will continue following the new cast.

3. Anime completely shrugs off the manga. Anime will probably follow the manga until the final arc, where the anime will go on its own and maybe find new anime original BO members for Conan to fight. The yearly Golden Week movies will continue.

I'm leaning towards either option 2 or 3, unless Gosho absolutely wants Conan to end. 3's probably safer, since nobody knows if anyone other than Conan can anchor the show, although it also risks alienating longtime manga readers, so 2's a real possibility as well.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Dawn wrote:so... you all seem to think the anime will go on even after the manga concludes (whenever that may be)... does this mean the will ignore the manga ending if it doesn't suit their purpose? That will be the worse thing they do... but the way you talk about it seems very possible. I really want to see this out to the very end of the manga.
No, because Gosho himself will be making the ending fit the purpose of the anime going on. Or more like as we transition to the final arc the settings will probably be laid out by then for us to realize how the series can keep going despite the manga reaching its ending.
thriceplus

Post by thriceplus »

I think the new serialization of Zero's Tea Party makes this topic worth revisiting.

Zero's Tea Party is essentially a Conan spinoff that's running in Sunday during issues when Conan itself is not running (it's been running concurrently right now, but I've read that it'll eventually be a replacement). I really wonder how the anime team will handle this. To compensate the constant hiatuses, do you think the anime team will eventually adapt Zero's Tea Party or will it just do Conan AOs.

It's kind of interesting that Conan's already getting the "Boruto treatment" and it hasn't even ended yet.
ProfParanoia

Post by ProfParanoia »

thriceplus wrote: (it's been running concurrently right now, but I've read that it'll eventually be a replacement).
source?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

The latest Sunday issue included an announcement about that. Given the upcoming long hiatus in the Conan publication, Zero's Tea Time will be a replacement for Conan during that period. When Conan resumes, ZTT will stop until the next break / hiatus.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

Spimer wrote:The latest Sunday issue included an announcement about that. Given the upcoming long hiatus in the Conan publication, Zero's Tea Time will be a replacement for Conan during that period. When Conan resumes, ZTT will stop until the next break / hiatus.
So Zero Tea time is the official Conan Hiatus filler, interesting, at least we get something!
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
champagne

Post by champagne »

In order for episode 1000 to be a proper BO case - around which file (or when) does the big Rum reveal need to happen? If Rum is revealed in like 20-30 files from now, it could be in time to adapt this for episode 1000 - or not?

And is it possible that Gosho/his publishers and the anime staff are adjusting to each other, so that episode 1000 can be something relevant and special? Would be sad if it ends up being meaningless filler.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

I don't think the anime staff care much about numbers.

Most big plot episodes have been odd numbers (176-178, 345, 425, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if Ep 1000 ends up being an AO just like Ep 900 was.

The anime coordinates with Gosho when they need to check some details or so but most of the time Gosho is busy enough with the manga so the anime team works on its own.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"