Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Magical Mystery

from "Phantom Thief Kid's Miracle Midair Walk"

Re: Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Postby Magical Mystery » October 12th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Well... the DVDs and Blue Rays of Zero The Enforcer have been released and something unprecedented has happened.

According to Anime News Network they have taken the top spots in both charts - Blue Ray and DVD. There is a regular version and Deluxe version of each release - four releases in all.

The story about them getting the top of both charts is here...
(NOTE: They could list it as Zero's Executioner or Zero The Enforcer depending upon the writer.)
2018 Detective Conan Film Is Franchise's 1st Work to Top Both Blu-ray, DVD Charts

And here is the actual charts themselves...
Blue Ray
Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, October 1-7

DVD
Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, October 1-7

In both charts, the Deluxe version takes the number one spot, while the standard version is in the number two spot.
Life is just a magical mystery.
shinichi1977

Re: Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Postby shinichi1977 » October 14th, 2018, 6:43 am

Spoiler:
Okay, I'm not asking for links or any such things, but it still would interest me, will a group be translating this one?
Misztina

Postby Misztina » November 20th, 2018, 3:43 pm

I watched the movie:

Spoiler:
Pros:
-nice action scenes
-some nice pictures to screenshot
-somehow better than movie 21
-Amuro and his love of his country ->I kinda liked that; a dedicated man
-interesting things about lawyers and stuff
-Detective Boys not being irritant!!!

Cons:
-worst movie song ever!!!
-plot: do we care? Can we care?
-Kogoro's arrest and fake dramas (Ran's tears)
-everything you didn't want to know about lawyers and stuff
-Ran being in life threatening danger again
-explosions everywhere
-things not making any sense
-too many boring stuff
-Amuro fanservice, yet not even one shirtless, out of the shower scene... why not go full out?

And probably some more.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » November 21st, 2018, 9:44 am

@Cons:

Sooo, Standard Conan Movie Stuff ?

How high was the "Conan Bond" factor this time on a Scale from 1-10?
Misztina

Postby Misztina » November 21st, 2018, 10:46 am

Yes, basicly. ;D

Hard to say, because there was Amuro too and he was more Bondish.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » November 21st, 2018, 11:54 am

Watching it now and i'm currently midthrough.

So far it's actually quite decent for a Conan Movie. (Quarter of Silence is still my personal low.)

Edit:

Ok, Second Half is much more Standard Conan Movie Second Half Over the Top.

Spoiler:
And Haba being still alive was so obvious, since it would have made Amuro "evil".

Edit 2:

Spoiler:
@Amuro Bond Moment: But this one was actually fun.

Also:

Power Kick Boots Soccer kick once again saves the day....

Edit 3:

Spoiler:
Ok, I really liked the Mid-Credit Scene with Eri and Kogoro.^^
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » November 21st, 2018, 3:29 pm

Spoiler:
Lol, they made an entire movie glorifying a branch of the Japanese law enforcement whose job is literally to break the law. I'm not sure what kind of crack they were smoking when they approved this movie idea. Isn't kind of the whole premise of Detective Conan that lawbreakers ought to be punished no matter what their reasons are?
Spoiler:
Unshackled lycanthrope as I am, only my appetite matters
I'm numb to all but this overwhelming sense of satisfaction
Leaning back my head to rest, letting my feral eyes nod off
My pants stained by the scarlet trickle leading from the body
My heart stops beating, and the razor thin tightrope snaps
Helplessly I plunge headfirst into the wrong side of eternity
My cup runneth over with bad karma, the pressure building
I will never escape the piercing glare of their lavender eyes

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » November 22nd, 2018, 5:28 am

I don't think that's the underlying theme of Conan: just the personal beliefs of the detectives and officers.

However, this movie means to explain that sometimes, police can have too much power and can use means that are not really moral so as to accomplish their goals.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Postby k11chi » January 3rd, 2019, 2:05 am

That was good stuff. A lot of substance.. Did not see that piece of foreshadowing to the culprit despite analyzing the hell out of it while watching, and the action scenes were true to the characters with some really great scenes thrown here and there: what did Kuroda say? the badass scene of Amuro's girlfriend, the crazy smash to the car when the music stops, and "and he's still just a child." Great idea to keep the DBs relevant for a film as well.

This film is definitely not for non-fans, even if you were keen-eyed it's just impossible to keep up with the information and guess who character is affiliated to what group and has what kinds of relationships with other characters. You're required to recognize the characters immediately, because otherwise you'd be rewatching this one for 10 straight hours to keep up.

I personally love that song choice, amazing.