Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
red.orchid

Re: Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Post by red.orchid »

Thanks, Spimer!
That character's first name looks quite funny in kanji, doesn't it? 2,3,1 :D

It doesn't seem the plot this time has anything to do with Amuro's identity as Bourbon or the BlackOrg itself. It'll at least accentuate the role of the NPA and PSB therefore his identity as Furuya Rei should play a bigger part for once. 18 has FBI in it, 20 has BlackOrg, so for 22 it's time for the local cops to shine (heh).
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Detective Conan Movie 22 (2018) - Zero the Enforcer (ゼロの執行人) - Friday April 13

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:. Tachibana Kyouko (VA: Ueno AYa) [Kogoro's lawyer following his arrest]
Oh? So Eri's not his lawyer? Here's hoping her involvement, here, is greater than her involvement in Movie 10.
Spimer wrote:. Iwai Sayoko (VA: unknown) [Role: unknown]
At least we know have Kyoko's occupation and an action Makoto takes—who knows who she is, at this point.
Spimer wrote:. Haba Fumikazu (VA: Hakata Daikichi) [Judicial apprentice, former clerk at lawyer office of Tachibana, aspired to be a judge. Deceased in an accident. Said to be very relevant to the story]
If he's dead, then his death is likely the motive for the true culprit, who is, most likely, one of the other three people on this character lineup. Maybe this is a Movie 16 situation, where Kogoro was blamed by that movie's culprit for an accidental death, so they've framed him.
Spimer wrote:. Kusakabe Makoto (VA: unknown)
I think this is the guy who tries to punch Rei/Toru/Bourbon, only to get counter-attacked, in the official trailer (at the 0:46 mark, where he says, "we, the Security Bureau"). The location of their conflict seems to be where Rei/Toru/Bourbon confronts Shinichi/Conan, and where the former is walking after that shot with the crow (0:22 mark).

Perhaps Kyoko is the culprit, and she's taken Kogoro's case—which she created—to guarantee her continued control over the outcome.

Again, we know the least about Sayoko, so who knows, at this point.

Makoto actually tried to attack Rei/Toru/Bourbon... maybe, if he's the culprit, Rei/Toru/Bourbon is his true target, and Kogoro's situation is but a distraction from that.

This will depend on whether Rei/Toru/Bourbon or Kogoro is the target... there's also the chance that it's both of them. But I am very confident in saying the motive for either Kyoko, Sayoko, or Makoto, to do all this, is because of Fumikazu's death.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Officially, in record, Kogoro and Eri are still married.

So obviously it's not considered valid for the wife to be the lawyer of the husband: also, Kyouko specializes in the defense of people arrested by the PSB although she's lost all of her trials insofar so whether she'll succeed is doubtful.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

The new theme song by Masaharu Fukuyama will be the first non-B'z/Inaba theme song (op/ed/movie) to be #1 since 2002 (Mai Kuraki - Winter Bells). That is, if it is a single.

Has there been any info on a M22 side story? :D I thought I saw something on the DCWorld wiki but it was just wording regarding the movie (skimmed too quickly :P)
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

As far as I know, there's nothing announced as of yet.

We will know more probably during this month or next when the April anime schedule is published.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spimer wrote:Officially, in record, Kogoro and Eri are still married. So obviously it's not considered valid for the wife to be the lawyer of the husband:

also, Kyouko specializes in the defense of people arrested by the PSB although she's lost all of her trials insofar so whether she'll succeed is doubtful.
Obvious, indeed. :-[ I will say that component of me stating the obvious in a way that made me look surprised by it (and thus made myself look rather foolish, comically ignorant, or both), on my part, was that his lawyer's a major character in this movie—that was what surprised me/was not so obvious to me.

Hmm... I suppose this lowers her chances of being the culprit. Then again, maybe that's her plan—if Kogoro's convicted, it'd be just another loss. If her record was spotless, Kogoro's conviction would be far more attention-grabbing. Maybe she's counting on her winless record.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ssjup81
Official 2D Fanglomper

Post by ssjup81 »

Hm, same writer as movie 19? I saw that movie 3 times. Twice in theaters, once at home...I fell asleep all three times. I hope this one will be better, but the premise is interesting. I'm moving home in May, so this will be my last DC movie in Japan. :-(
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

Is this the announcement for Movie 22 prestory? It has something to do with cafe Poirot and Amuro's culinary skills again, doesn't it?
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/272894
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Yes, the pre-story will air on April 7 as I reported on the April episodes thread.

The contents are about a cake that mysterious melted in the Café Poirot so Conan and Amuro want to figure out why it melted.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

She does says she's taking part in the movie but doesn't specify what her role is so I'd rather wait until confirmation from the official news feed.
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

Movie 22 Preview with Yamazaki Wakana's voice~
https://dogatch.jp/news/ntv/52923/detail/

This also contains official comments from Furuya Toru, Takayama Minami and Yamazaki Wakana I think?
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Ah the valley girl trailer
They apparently asked Wakana Yamazaki to do the trailer in the way a high school girl might. with the "likes" and "Omg, for reals?!"
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

reasoning
Spoiler:
probably Culprit is Kyoko who has Kogoro's fingerprint or any of clerk acquaintance, former colleague who holds grudge against Amuro, Kuroda, PSB, for shooting him meanwhile Kuroda knows everything, acts on own accordingly from shadows, a repeat of Kawanakajima