The end and the death penalty?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Miliolina

The end and the death penalty?

Postby Miliolina » August 15th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Recently I read an article about the death penalty in Japan and apparently there are discussions going on about abolishing it completely by 2020 (or later...)

I just wondered if all the culprits (including BO members) who would get sentenced to death for murdering people... would just be imprisoned for the rest of their life if the story only goes on long enough.

What kind of effect would it have on the end of DC? Would it change anything at all?

I always expected at least some of the BO members to be hanged...

What do you think?
"Tomorrow the black birds would come." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Wakarimashita

Re: The end and the death penalty?

Postby Wakarimashita » August 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm

It's not like the sanctions applied to the culprits are ever mentioned in DC. In fact the only instance during which I remember the death penalty being mentioned was when Eri threatened Kogoro about it during the "Kogoro is a culprit" case.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: The end and the death penalty?

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 16th, 2017, 2:55 am

Criminals might as well be sent to outer space for how much relevance it has. :V
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55

Return to “General Discussion”