Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Jecka » August 3rd, 2017, 1:00 pm

Yeeeeep It only took until August and we didn't even get a heads up until today. (Thanks TMS)
New OP starts this Saturday, August 5th, and it's called "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ng/.119664
https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000145330
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

k11chi

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby k11chi » August 3rd, 2017, 3:16 pm

Finally, nice.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » August 3rd, 2017, 3:30 pm

It's a lie!
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » August 3rd, 2017, 3:39 pm

I'm not getting good vibes from this...
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
dumytru

Postby dumytru » August 3rd, 2017, 4:01 pm

Ooh, she has good voice, and the style can match Detective Conan. I'm really looking forward to it.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » August 4th, 2017, 11:29 pm

dumytru wrote:Ooh, she has good voice, and the style can match Detective Conan. I'm really looking forward to it.

Same, she's done a couple older anime themes, including one of Slam Dunk's Ending plus Kamen Rider OOO's op which iirc is a fan favorite
I have high hopes for this

*Jecka sobs

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 5th, 2017, 12:58 am

Is this Opening about what Conan's done to Ran for 20+ years? :V
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
dumytru

Postby dumytru » August 5th, 2017, 4:24 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:Is this Opening about what Conan's done to Ran for 20+ years? :V

LOL
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
chinpokomon

Postby chinpokomon » August 5th, 2017, 6:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_by4GnIHnc

oh no, another recap OP. the song is nice though
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 5th, 2017, 6:51 am

chinpokomon wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_by4GnIHnc

oh no, another recap OP. the song is nice though

I think at least every other OP that reused footage from other OPs also had its own original footage—this one's the only one that had no original footage of its own, I think.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
k11chi

Postby k11chi » August 5th, 2017, 7:40 am

Hopefully they add something new in the next episodes because the song is pretty nice.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » August 5th, 2017, 10:41 am

The stock footage op makes me think it's not going to last that long.
Longer than Pilgrim did as an ending, but still not that long.
That being said, the song is catchy enough, took a couple listens to get it to grow on me tho.

*Jecka sobs

Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » August 5th, 2017, 11:11 am

Jecka wrote:The stock footage op makes me think it's not going to last that long.
Longer than Pilgrim did as an ending, but still not that long.
That being said, the song is catchy enough, took a couple listens to get it to grow on me tho.

I think it'd be pretty sad if this new OP couldn't even achieve that much.
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 5th, 2017, 7:17 pm

I'd be fine with keeping this for a while, since I feel like every Opening animation (barring the last B'z one, ironically) for years has either been ridiculous or boring (yes, even by the standards of basically any of the older ones)
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 5th, 2017, 7:58 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:I'd be fine with keeping this for a while, since I feel like every Opening animation (barring the last B'z one, ironically) for years has either been ridiculous or boring (yes, even by the standards of basically any of the older ones)

So an opening that's comprised of no original animation of its own isn't boring? So the song is what makes the difference, then (the audio makes up for the visual)? OP 45 is on par with OP 6, in terms of having no original animation of its own (it basically takes footage from OPs 35–44 and uses overlays and filters).

Which OPs were "boring?" (would "too little" also be an appropriate descriptor?) Which ones were "ridiculous?" (would "too much" also be an appropriate descriptor?)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)