Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Scarlet Rose
User avatar
Posts: 7

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Scarlet Rose » August 6th, 2017, 2:34 am

I think the final nail in the coffin is the poorly used overlay graphics. An op with no original footage is one thing but at least you can put effort into matching the visuals with the music to make it flow nicely like what many YouTube's have done in nicely made amv videos. But the lack of effort into syncing the music and the visuals is highly noticeable. But the poorly used overlay graphics is what sunk it for me. If used well overlay graphics can be a nice addition. These just feel like they were slapped on at the last minute to hide the reused footage but I see youtubers put more effort into adding graphics like that. The song is nice but the reused clips horribly synced with the music and poorly added graphics really ruined it for me.
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1364

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 6th, 2017, 3:53 am

Scarlet Rose wrote:I think the final nail in the coffin is the poorly used overlay graphics. An op with no original footage is one thing but at least you can put effort into matching the visuals with the music to make it flow nicely like what many YouTube's have done in nicely made amv videos. But the lack of effort into syncing the music and the visuals is highly noticeable. But the poorly used overlay graphics is what sunk it for me. If used well overlay graphics can be a nice addition. These just feel like they were slapped on at the last minute to hide the reused footage but I see youtubers put more effort into adding graphics like that. The song is nice but the reused clips horribly synced with the music and poorly added graphics really ruined it for me.


Image
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1173

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby MeiTanteixX » August 6th, 2017, 4:38 am

I think the final nail in the coffin is the poorly used overlay graphics. An op with no original footage is one thing but at least you can put effort into matching the visuals with the music to make it flow nicely like what many YouTube's have done in nicely made amv videos. But the lack of effort into syncing the music and the visuals is highly noticeable. But the poorly used overlay graphics is what sunk it for me. If used well overlay graphics can be a nice addition. These just feel like they were slapped on at the last minute to hide the reused footage but I see youtubers put more effort into adding graphics like that. The song is nice but the reused clips horribly synced with the music and poorly added graphics really ruined it for me.
I third that
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1415

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby k11chi » August 6th, 2017, 5:00 am

Can't say the graphics are that great ever. This is luckily one of those songs I really want the full version of.
Image
dumytru
User avatar
Posts: 921

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby dumytru » August 6th, 2017, 5:11 am

The song if good, I'm very happy with it.
It's nice to have cool moments from other openings, but hopefully they'll change it, yeah. Like they did with opening 34 (I think?).
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...


dumytru's Karaoke Project!
xLostChains
User avatar

Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Posts: 139

Contact:

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby xLostChains » August 6th, 2017, 6:26 am

The song is alright but...what in tarnation is this opening?!

It's like the animation staff only managed to use After Effects for the first time and had too much fun with the overlays and 3D frames, and this is the worst re-used footage OP ever, they should at least choose the correct scenes tbh **sighs**
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1364

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 6th, 2017, 8:49 am

dumytru wrote:The song if good, I'm very happy with it.
It's nice to have cool moments from other openings, but hopefully they'll change it, yeah. Like they did with opening 34 (I think?).


I think you're thinking of OP 34 being used for both DC and the first Magic Kaito anime adaption. And unlike OP 32 (where there was a DC version and an MK version), there was only one version of OP 34—so both DC and MK had the exact same opening (except for the narration).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
dumytru
User avatar
Posts: 921

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby dumytru » August 6th, 2017, 3:05 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
dumytru wrote:The song if good, I'm very happy with it.
It's nice to have cool moments from other openings, but hopefully they'll change it, yeah. Like they did with opening 34 (I think?).


I think you're thinking of OP 34 being used for both DC and the first Magic Kaito anime adaption. And unlike OP 32 (where there was a DC version and an MK version), there was only one version of OP 34—so both DC and MK had the exact same opening (except for the narration).


Ah, yep. Should've written "Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow" instead of trying to remember the number.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...


dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3350

Contact:

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Jecka » August 7th, 2017, 9:41 am

dumytru wrote:Ah, yep. Should've written "Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow" instead of trying to remember the number.

That was 32 so you were close
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
skyechan
Community Hero
User avatar

"真実はいつも一つ!"

Posts: 802

Contact:

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby skyechan » August 7th, 2017, 10:19 am

I felt like my eyes were assaulted with how horrible the effects on the reused footage were. Ughhhhhhhhhh......and I gotta cover this on Rewatch. OTL
ImageImage
bash7353

部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Posts: 430

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby bash7353 » August 7th, 2017, 4:02 pm

What I find concerning about the song is the title. I can forgive that they put a comma at the end of it, although it's not like that's a thing in Japanese either, so I have no idea why they thought that's the way it should be. But why do they only have three "Lie"s in the title when there are clearly four of them in that line in the song?

Oh, could that be reason for the third comma?! It's supposed to indicate there should be a fourth lie?!

Very mysterious indeed...
"Jo mere uenig du er med nogen, jo pænere skal du tale til dem. Tal om indholdet. Brug tid på indholdet. Forhold dig til det, der diskuteres. Lyt til, hvad der bliver sagt, i stedet for hvem der siger det. Hvis vi skal gøre det her med demokratiet bedre, så starter vi der."
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きる
ことを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2452

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » August 7th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Well, both the song and the images irk me, so this'll be fun to watch XD
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3350

Contact:

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Jecka » August 8th, 2017, 1:30 pm

bash7353 wrote:What I find concerning about the song is the title. I can forgive that they put a comma at the end of it, although it's not like that's a thing in Japanese either, so I have no idea why they thought that's the way it should be. But why do they only have three "Lie"s in the title when there are clearly four of them in that line in the song?

Oh, could that be reason for the third comma?! It's supposed to indicate there should be a fourth lie?!

Very mysterious indeed...

An interesting thought
Also, threes sound good, four is overkill
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Kaayio
User avatar

Hi, I'm Kaayio, or Ka-chan! I'm in DC english fan server, so yes, it's me.

Posts: 4

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Kaayio » August 12th, 2017, 5:53 am

I like the song, but for images, I thought it was a joke...
Kaayio ♡
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1102

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby Nemomon » August 12th, 2017, 6:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Y0I-HqgrA

The song and the animation isn't that bad. Reading Your posts here I thought that the animation in the newest opening is the ugliest thing in the entire DC, but it turned out that it isn't that bad at all. Surely could be much worse. The song itself maybe isn't the best song ever, but at least I listened it to the end, so at the very least it's listenable and is not ears bleeding.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron