Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Opening 45 "Lie, Lie, Lie," by Maki Oguro

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 12th, 2017, 8:16 am

Nemomon wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Y0I-HqgrA

...the animation isn't that bad. Reading Your posts here I thought that the animation in the newest opening is the ugliest thing in the entire DC, but it turned out that it isn't that bad at all. Surely could be much worse.

Bad/ugly animation is not the issue, here—nor is the issue the song—it's that there's no original animation in this OP. Typically, OPs are comprised of entirely original animation—even the maligned OP 30 (Tear Drops) had original animation the whole way through. OP 45 is basically stock footage (footage taken from OPs 35–44).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » August 23rd, 2017, 12:05 pm

Conan producer :

https://twitter.com/suwacchi/status/898760729183961088

Basically the OP will have new images starting with the september episodes.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

k11chi

Postby k11chi » August 23rd, 2017, 12:12 pm

Hopefully more than just a few, because they added those to even some of the new openings like 37 with Masumi...
Sufi

Postby Sufi » August 23rd, 2017, 1:18 pm

Just in case you know, is there any english translation of this opening? ???
Glacierfairy

Postby Glacierfairy » August 23rd, 2017, 9:38 pm

Sufi wrote:Just in case you know, is there any english translation of this opening? ???

I will add an English translation in OP 45's page in the DC wiki when I update it with new screencaps in September. Bear in mind that the full song will not be available until the end of September.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » September 2nd, 2017, 5:17 am

Opening version with new "animation" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE7IsDfHTZ8
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

dumytru

Postby dumytru » September 2nd, 2017, 6:29 am

Wakarimashita wrote:Opening version with new "animation" :

OMFG. This is SOO BAD. At some point I just started laughing, it's literally laughable.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 2nd, 2017, 8:21 am

dumytru wrote:

OMFG. This is SOO BAD. At some point I just started laughing, it's literally laughable.

It's either this, or stock footage. Take your pick. :P

But I get the sense they may very well never be able to "top" Tear Drops, in terms of "This is SOO BAD"—that OP gets a lot of flack.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » September 2nd, 2017, 8:50 am

dumytru wrote:

Let's not exaggerate. It's basically a second version of opening 18.

DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 2nd, 2017, 8:52 am

Wakarimashita wrote:
dumytru wrote:

Let's not exaggerate. It's basically a second version of opening 18.

Oh, 100 Doors... yeah, I can see why that's the one you've brought up.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » September 2nd, 2017, 9:06 am

dumytru wrote:

The start is interesting, with the crayon drawing turning into normal animation style... (same goes for the end bit) The Jimmy Neutron titlecard was... interesting, and the photos were just lazy... Clearly they were really trying here :V.

Might have actually liked the first version more.
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
dumytru

Postby dumytru » September 2nd, 2017, 9:45 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:The start is interesting, with the crayon drawing turning into normal animation style... (same goes for the end bit)

Yep, agreed.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » September 2nd, 2017, 10:04 am

It was... interesting. Funny idea with the photos but... in the end quite boring. Though in the other hand I'm glad it didn't have excessive and forced drama and action like in Miss Mystery and Dynamite.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 2nd, 2017, 10:09 am

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:The Jimmy Neutron titlecard was... interesting...

You thought of that, too, huh? ;D

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:Might have actually liked the first version more.

Well, that version has the animation from the past 4 years of OPs, so in terms of variety, and the quality of animation from each of those OPs... yeah, Version #1 beats Version #2 in those regards.

MoonRaven wrote:It was... interesting. Funny idea with the photos but... in the end quite boring. Though in the other hand I'm glad it didn't have excessive and forced drama and action like in Miss Mystery and Dynamite.

Eh, I'm not sure about that. I found that drama and action suited those songs pretty well, actually. So I definitely wouldn't have minded that, here.
xLostChains

Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Postby xLostChains » September 2nd, 2017, 11:59 am

Oh hey! a new opening with no running in the field and "Tree" in it XD though it's lackluster...I prefer this from the previos OPs

Return to “General Discussion”