Speculation on Movie 22

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Swagnarok

Speculation on Movie 22

Postby Swagnarok » April 17th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Coming presumably at the end of Movie 21, there was a teaser for Movie 22, which showed a digital countdown from 5 to 0. When it reached that last number, a voice said "Zero". According to what some people here have said, that someone is probably Rei Furuya's voice actor.
Here's some of my speculation, which'll most likely be discredited later on but still.

The major implication of the teaser is that a time bomb will be involved somehow. However, this could be a metaphorical time bomb, a countdown to some big event that involves Amuro.
We've already seen him fight Akai in Movie 20, and we've seen him trying to hunt down Akai in the Second Bourbon Arc, so this new movie probably won't be about that. It'll most likely be about something else. My guess is that this movie will explore Amuro's past.

Spoiler:
There are basically three important stuff we know about Amuro's background, besides the fact that he's an Akai-hating cop who works undercover in the BO.
The first is his briefly hinted at connection to Elena Miyano. Second is his connection to Wataru Date, third is his connection to Scotch. Movie 22, I think, will explore one of these three elements in depth.
This may create a situation in which this movie reveals important information about the character in the canon, but that isn't so unreasonable given that Movie 21 presumably explains the connection between Heiji and Momiji before such info has been provided in the manga.
I'm really hoping for an Elena story, and this is fairly plausible given that the manga's recently been peddling in some "Akai family lived in the UK" weirdness, and Elena's from the UK. It's possible, if not probable, that in between now and April 2018 the manga will see a resolution to this incomplete and kinda perplexing Akai backstory, which might also reveal new tidbits about Elena and her husband and bring them back into the spotlight.
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Speculation on Movie 22

Postby kkslider5552000 » April 17th, 2017, 9:20 pm

So this is when we find out he was actually Goro all along, right?
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
k11chi

Postby k11chi » April 18th, 2017, 12:27 am

We will finally learn where Amuro learned to make sandwiches.
Tantei San

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Postby Tantei San » April 18th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Well never gave it a thought.. but the fact that Both Amuro and Takagi had a relation with Date and even though they met a couple of times.. i wonder how it will go down.. when they will get to know about it.!!
PhantomWriter

Rye on Discord

Postby PhantomWriter » April 18th, 2017, 8:04 pm

k11chi wrote:We will finally learn where Amuro learned to make sandwiches.

That would be amazing.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Postby kentasaiba » April 18th, 2017, 8:14 pm

I think Amuro met Akai during the BO Christmas-party, where Akai and Amuro made sandwiches for all. But Akais sandwiches were better and no one ate Amuros. Thats where the rivalry began.
xLostChains

Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Postby xLostChains » April 28th, 2017, 4:59 am

Inb4 Azusa was revealed as Amuro's childhood friend
irishock

Postby irishock » May 13th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Is there a single DC movie without a bomb in it somewhere?

Last Century/Wizard? Grenades don't count
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » May 13th, 2017, 8:27 pm

irishock wrote:Is there a single DC movie without a bomb in it somewhere?

When Kid shuts the power off in the city to locate the egg.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Serinox

Postby Serinox » May 13th, 2017, 9:06 pm

Movie 7 comes to mind first for me, I haven't seen it in some time, but I don't recall there being a bomb in it.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 14th, 2017, 1:33 am

irishock wrote:Is there a single DC movie without a bomb in it somewhere?

Movie 6, Movie 7, as Serinox already mentioned, Movie 8, Movie 11, Movie 13 and Movie 17.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)