Detective Conan Soundtracks, Scores, themes, etc.

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Xytan Whitcombe

Detective Conan Soundtracks, Scores, themes, etc.

Postby Xytan Whitcombe » March 27th, 2017, 5:21 am

What is your favorite piece of music in Detective Conan? Is there a specific variant or remix that you really like, if so, what is it and/or where did it appear?

I really like the original theme remixed by the Renato Franciscone Orchestra. Of course, a sax quartet of the same is also great!

What are yours?
k11chi

Re: Detective Conan Soundtracks, Scores, themes, etc.

Postby k11chi » March 28th, 2017, 10:17 am

Ran no theme, theme of the old castle, Surprising Truth, Jet Black Murderous intent, Conan Passes By, Drinking Wine, Trick, Aqua Crystal... Movies 1-4 have some really powerful tracks in general that send chills down the spine. Like Frustration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnTXMhUpJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyj72MrsaNs
AkaiMoroboshi

Postby AkaiMoroboshi » March 29th, 2017, 11:35 am

i think songs and scores from early episodes are very great!!!

Boku Ga Iru
Kimi Ga Ireba>>> yeah the original intro
Mune da Dokidoki
Nazo>>> this one is my favourite!!
"Fear of death is worse than death itself."

Misztina

Postby Misztina » March 29th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Wow, these two are really in my top 3 favourites. *____* They bring back memories, I might rewatch 309-311 again. :D
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 29th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Misztina wrote:

Wow, these two are really in my top 3 favourites. *____* They bring back memories, I might rewatch 309-311 again. :D

Yep, 309-311 really had pretty good music throughout. ;D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 29th, 2017, 5:50 pm

Misztina wrote:

Those are amazing but really the older OSTs were just overall amazing. Remember the suspensful themes and the themes that happened after the ending of the case where the characters just have this blank expression that it's like solving the case didn't make them feel like they did something right (like Kogoro's reunion case). The cases where Conan and Heiji think and reconstruct the crime methods was always so interesting to watch with the great background music playing there.

These are probably my personal favourites as I remember them well even to this day. Pssh, tsiuh, clang *lights go out*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiU9Lac774Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLPSHJF5_zM
Henry Gordan

Most likely DCTP's biggest Formula 1, The Beatles, The Who and cross-country skiing fan

Postby Henry Gordan » March 30th, 2017, 8:40 am

I the one I remember is the one from movie one when the police is looking for bombs on train tracks
"Why have you brought us to shelter in a fuel dump, Andrew?"
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 30th, 2017, 9:49 pm

basically most of the original soundtrack and first 4-5 movies are fantastic in general.

I will say its hard to choose one in particular, but I think certain songs are used in important or action-y scenes enough that they stick out more. The one that starts with those badass drums that's used when Akai appears in 425 immediately comes to mind.

Recently, the newer version of Ran's main theme I've grown to love in particular. It's a brilliantly made piece of music, both versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjIedIMJa8w
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 31st, 2017, 1:38 am

I prefer the old Ran's theme alot more. Then again I don't really care for remixes.
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » March 31st, 2017, 6:07 am

"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Return to “General Discussion”