Page 1 of 2

Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 7th, 2017, 8:49 am
by omashow
I´ve a question..
Do Jodie and Akai know the real identiy of Conan?
The real identity of Ai they do know, right?

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 7th, 2017, 9:04 am
by Tantei San
Please post these type of questions in the "Story Discussion" Topic.
But only Akai(Subaru) knows Conan=Shinichi.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 7th, 2017, 9:20 am
by bash7353
That is a really interesting question. Akai found out about Conan's identity while disguised as Okiya during Yuusaku's so-called Cold Case, but Jodie isn't aware as far as I can tell.

When it comes to Haibara, it's complicated. There are signs that Akai is aware that Haibara is Akemi's sister. While disguised as Okiya he seems to be trying to honour a request from Akemi to protect Shiho which people theorise is what the P.S. in Akemi's text to Akai is about. All of that is just theory at this point, though, nothing's really been confirmed from what I can tell.

Jodie seems to sort of have an understanding that Haibara is related to the Black Organization in some way, but I doubt she made the connection to Sherry.

I'm curious to hear how other people see this.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 7th, 2017, 11:32 am
by Serinox
For Jodie, we have the Shin-Conan-kun thing from 898 to tell for sure she is unaware. As for Haibara: we don't know the status, but based on the fact that she didn't figure out Conan either and that she and James never mentioned the name Shiho Miyano or the codename Sherry for the sister of Akemi Miyano that Akai was supposed to get close to in his undercover mission in the "Akai's Past" chapter, which pretty much tells us that they don't that Akemi's sister = Sherry (Jodie witnessed Vermouth calling Haibara by the name Sherry, which should give it away to Jodie right away if she did know), we can put her as not knowing about Haibara's true identity until it is made clearer. There is no evidence, not even circumstancial one, to suggest that she does know (though she certainly knows about enough facts to figure it out), but there is circumstancial evidence to suggest she doesn't know.

Akai knows both identities for sure though.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 7th, 2017, 1:10 pm
by Valentin
In the Halloween Party Case, Jodie even asks Vermouth with skepticism if Haibara really is the woman from the picture on her dart board. While talking to Jodie one case later, James refers to Haibara as a 少女 ‘little girl’ and repeats that she was called Sherry without provoking any reaction.

So I’m pretty sure that Jodie doesn’t know about Haibara either.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 6:23 am
by bash7353
Serinox wrote:Akai knows both identities for sure though.


When do you think he figured out Haibara's identity?

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 6:30 am
by kentasaiba
One night at bed:
Akemi: Oh Dai-kun, do you want to see child pictures of my sister?
Akai: Uhm...I think I want to something other...
Akemi:But Shiho is really cute! Look!
Akai:Oh,you are right. I am thinking I am going to be a lolicon if I would see her in that age.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 6:57 am
by Serinox
bash7353 wrote:
Serinox wrote:Akai knows both identities for sure though.


When do you think he figured out Haibara's identity?

Sometime between spotting her after the whole Itakura thing at the subway station (or maybe even right at that moment) and the Vermouth confrontation ("It's not time for that reddish brown-haired girl to see me yet").

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 11:52 am
by bash7353
Well, it's hard for me to imagine that this P.S. in that text message says "Make sure my sister is doing okay. Oh, and by he way, who my sister is you're going to have to figure out yourself." There must've been some indication for him to know who the sister is or how he'd be able to find her. All of that assuming this is what the P.S. is about which hasn't been revealed yet.

The question I wanna get at is does Akai know that there is some sort of poison involved shrinking Akemi's sister, or is he erroneously under the impression that Akem's sister is six years old. Because he's known Haibara's identity longer than he's known Conan's.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 12:22 pm
by DCUniverseAficionado
bash7353 wrote:The question I wanna get at is does Akai know that there is some sort of poison involved shrinking Akemi's sister, or is he erroneously under the impression that Akem's sister is six years old.


The flashback from File 802/Episode 675 seems to indicate that Shuichi/Dai and Shiho actually met and interacted with each other, while he was in the BO, so I don't think that's the case.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 3:39 pm
by bash7353
I disagree that Chapter 802 is indicative of that. The only flashback I could find is this one:
Spoiler:
Image


I'm not sure it necessarily implies that Haibara and Akai met because Haibara doesn't actually appear in the flashback. It only shows Akemi and Akai together.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 3:53 pm
by Serinox
Well, the panel right above the one you posted, which looks like Shuichi is talking to Haibara.

Also, during Clash (599) James explains that Shuichi became acquainted with Shiho in order to infiltrate the BO more easily:
Image

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 10th, 2017, 6:33 pm
by DCUniverseAficionado
bash7353 wrote:Or did I misunderstand you?


Well, it's purely text-based communication we're engaging in, here. It's par for the course, unfortunately.

Apologies for not making things clearer, on my part.

The panel you're referring to is Panel 2 of Page 10 of File 802. The panel I was referring to was Panel 1 of Page 10 of File 802.

Serinox wrote:...the panel right above the one you posted...

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm
by bash7353
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:The panel you're referring to is Panel 2 of Page 10 of File 802. The panel I was referring to was Panel 1 of Page 10 of File 802.

Serinox wrote:...the panel right above the one you posted...


When it comes to the other panel in the chapter, the same thing I mentioned earlier applies. You only see Akai in the flashback saying what he says, but it's not clear who he says it to. Could very well be Shiho, but it could also be someone else, it just so happens that Shiho was around to witness it.

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
bash7353 wrote:Or did I misunderstand you?


Well, it's purely text-based communication we're engaging in, here. It's par for the course, unfortunately.

Apologies for not making things clearer, on my part.


No need to apologise. Don't worry, I certainly wasn't offended. Misunderstandings happen all the time and it's easy to clear up.

Serinox wrote:Well, the panel right above the one you posted, which looks like Shuichi is talking to Haibara.

Also, during Clash (599) James explains that Shuichi became acquainted with Shiho in order to infiltrate the BO more easily:
Image


Now, that is a big deal, I think. Later in the series I get the impression Haibara comes to the conclusion that Okiya could be the person she vaguely knows as the guy her sister used to date and who turned out to be a traitor to the Black Organisation. If it is true, though, that Akai used Shiho - not Akemi - to place to get closer to the core of the Black Organisation, that would imply that Haibara and Akai know each other rather well.

Re: Does Jodie know the truth about Conan?

Posted: March 13th, 2017, 5:31 pm
by DCUniverseAficionado
bash7353 wrote:When it comes to the other panel in the chapter, the same thing I mentioned earlier applies. You only see Akai in the flashback saying what he says, but it's not clear who he says it to. Could very well be Shiho, but it could also be someone else, it just so happens that Shiho was around to witness it.


I can't really see him saying, "...I'll protect [Akemi] with my life...", to anyone but Shiho.

bash7353 wrote:
Serinox wrote:Well, the panel right above the one you posted, which looks like Shuichi is talking to Haibara.

Also, during Clash (599) James explains that Shuichi became acquainted with Shiho in order to infiltrate the BO more easily:
Image


Now, that is a big deal, I think. Later in the series I get the impression Haibara comes to the conclusion that Okiya could be the person she vaguely knows as the guy her sister used to date and who turned out to be a traitor to the Black Organisation. If it is true, though, that Akai used Shiho - not Akemi - to place to get closer to the core of the Black Organisation, that would imply that Haibara and Akai know each other rather well.


Yeah, he used Akemi to get close to Shiho, so he could then use Shiho to get closer to the upper echelon of the BO.