Age restrictions for Conan in japan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kinhdoanhantoan

Age restrictions for Conan in japan?

Post by kinhdoanhantoan »

I was wondering if Japan had any restrictions on how old the readers/viewers of conan are? some episodes are childish but then others again are very confusing for kids i'd say - And just looking back at the first episodes rollercoster where a whole head is ripped off is not very childfriendly :S

I've read it up on imdb.com for german and usa, but does anyone know for japan? they seem to be a bit more relaxed when it comes to those restrictions :P

Anna
Dịch vụ giúp việc nhà theo giờ uy tín giúp việc nhà giá rẻ
Kor
Administrator

Re: Age restrictions for Conan in japan?

Post by Kor »

Dunno if there's a real restriction, but here are some of the facts that may help clarify things:

The manga gets published in Shonen Sunday, so the prime demographic of the manga is shonen (young boys), and wikipedia puts the ages of this demographic between 8 and 18. Kotaku has an article that puts the age of this demographic below 15, though.
The anime airs on Saturdays at 6 PM. A timeslot that is suitable for practically any kid to watch TV.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong), manga/anime doesn't generally have a sole target age demographic. Detective Conan may be classified as Shounen, and children may certainly enjoy watching it, but the cases are generally too complicated for a person of that age to comprehend.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

A character killing someone and blood is in most of 13+ series. Superficial things like that aren't what makes series more mature. Conan doesn't really have childish episodes either.
george44

Post by george44 »

Kor wrote:
December 28th, 2016, 4:01 am
Dunno if there's a real restriction, but here are some of the facts that may help clarify things:

The manga gets published in Shonen Sunday in Japan, so the prime demographic of the manga is shonen (young boys), and wikipedia puts the ages of this demographic between 8 and 18. Kotaku has an article that puts the age of this demographic below 15, though. The anime airs on Saturdays at 6 PM. A timeslot that is suitable for practically any kid to watch TV. I remember reading before that Star Wars is recommended for shonen as well and Kotaku promoted these chopsticks from this store. Looks great if you ask me.
Thanks for your response! It's great to hear that the manga and anime of Conan are suitable for a wide range of ages. It's always nice to have something that can be enjoyed by the whole family, especially something as well-loved as Conan!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Please don't necropost on topics that have been inactive for years.

Check the date of the last post before posting. If it's been over a year, don't post, start a new topic or use an existing one (questions and answers one, for example)

Locked.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"