After Detective Conan ends

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
sleepymoe96

After Detective Conan ends

Postby sleepymoe96 » December 21st, 2016, 7:02 pm

Hey, guys, we all talk and discuss about DC ending, but I probaly aren't the only one wondering what will happen after DC ends.

Maybe there will be a sequel? What do you guys think ? And if you want it to have a sequel, what will its plot be about?
Last edited by Spimer on December 22nd, 2016, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I fixed up some grammar and thread title. We don't need "!" marks on them, thank you.
eros1607

Re: After Detective Conan Ends !!

Postby eros1607 » December 21st, 2016, 7:33 pm

Gosho need to finish Magic Kaitou first before thinking a sequel to DC or another manga and God knows how many years we have to wait for Magic Kaitou to end before such things happen. Personally, I don't want DC to get a sequel, I just need a proper ending and then move on. Gosho should try another genre such as Sci-fi/Adventure/Action/Psychological and I know he can have a good manga besides DC. With how Gosho talk about how difficult for him to keep drawing DC, as well as the repetitiveness in plot and cases recently, a sequel will be unlikely.
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » December 21st, 2016, 11:12 pm

The man's invested 22 years of his life into this manga series, and it's probably gonna take him a few more years to wrap it all up. I think it's fair to say that as soon as the last page of the last Conan manga chapter is drawn he's gonna go see a therapist to help forget it all.

So no, there's probably not gonna be any more Conan material from him after it's over. He's likely going to finish Kaito Kid (which was literally started in the 1980s and only has like 4 volumes) and perhaps begin on a new project unrelated to the crime/mystery genre (or retire).

The best solution at this point would be for Gosho to find a diehard Japanese fan with a strong work ethic and the ability to come up with good storylines and unique case ideas and then transfer the job of writing the series over to this guy.
Last edited by Spimer on December 22nd, 2016, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posting.
Spoiler:
Unshackled lycanthrope as I am, only my appetite matters
I'm numb to all but this overwhelming sense of satisfaction
Leaning back my head to rest, letting my feral eyes nod off
My pants stained by the scarlet trickle leading from the body
My heart stops beating, and the razor thin tightrope snaps
Helplessly I plunge headfirst into the wrong side of eternity
My cup runneth over with bad karma, the pressure building
I will never escape the piercing glare of their lavender eyes

My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 22nd, 2016, 2:02 am

I can't imagine he'll ever make another long term (longer than a year or so) series ever again, barring finishing Magic Kaito.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » December 22nd, 2016, 7:08 am

The anime certainly won't end. Pierrot are refusing to end Naruto and Conan as a franchise is far more popular in Japan.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

sleepymoe96

Postby sleepymoe96 » December 22nd, 2016, 11:14 am

eros1607 wrote:Gosho need to finish Magic Kaitou first before thinking a sequel to DC or another manga and God knows how many years we have to wait for Magic Kaitou to end before such things happen. Personally, I don't want DC to get a sequel, I just need a proper ending and then move on. Gosho should try another genre such as Sci-fi/Adventure/Action/Psychological and I know he can have a good manga besides DC. With how Gosho talk about how difficult for him to keep drawing DC, as well as the repetitiveness in plot and cases recently, a sequel will be unlikely.

I think he should finish Magic Kaitou first too but there are many subplots that could be discussed in the sequel like Chiba love story and Shiratori love story (this will make the original plot more faster)and maybe Shinichi vs yakuza (yakuza could be the equivalent of the BO in the sequel) etc..
sleepymoe96

Postby sleepymoe96 » December 22nd, 2016, 11:16 am

Swagnarok wrote:The man's invested 22 years of his life into this manga series, and it's probably gonna take him a few more years to wrap it all up. I think it's fair to say that as soon as the last page of the last Conan manga chapter is drawn he's gonna go see a therapist to help forget it all.

So no, there's probably not gonna be any more Conan material from him after it's over. He's likely going to finish Kaito Kid (which was literally started in the 1980s and only has like 4 volumes) and perhaps begin on a new project unrelated to the crime/mystery genre (or retire).

The best solution at this point would be for Gosho to find a diehard Japanese fan with a strong work ethic and the ability to come up with good storylines and unique case ideas and then transfer the job of writing the series over to this guy.

Seeing a therapist is a MUST hahahaha !! but actually it is a great idea to leave the job for a fan with potentials !!
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » December 22nd, 2016, 11:47 am

sleepymoe96 wrote:
eros1607 wrote:Gosho need to finish Magic Kaitou first before thinking a sequel to DC or another manga and God knows how many years we have to wait for Magic Kaitou to end before such things happen. Personally, I don't want DC to get a sequel, I just need a proper ending and then move on. Gosho should try another genre such as Sci-fi/Adventure/Action/Psychological and I know he can have a good manga besides DC. With how Gosho talk about how difficult for him to keep drawing DC, as well as the repetitiveness in plot and cases recently, a sequel will be unlikely.

I think he should finish Magic Kaitou first too but there are many subplots that could be discussed in the sequel like Chiba love story and Shiratori love story (this will make the original plot more faster)and maybe Shinichi vs yakuza (yakuza could be the equivalent of the BO in the sequel) etc..

Conan deals with an international criminal syndicate targeted by all sort of intelligence agencies all over the world for God shake. What's the point dealing with small fries again? It's like Goku fighting with Majin Buu then fight with Frieza or Naruto fighting with Madara then fighting with Pain. Chiba and Shiratori stuff is not that complicated. Shiratori's stuff has been pretty much completed. Chiba just need 2 or 3 cases to finish, as long as Gosho find it's time. Shiratori just need 2 cases for him. Besides, people keep complaining about DC romance lately, I don't think people will be invested in those stuff.