Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 3554

Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby Wakarimashita » November 25th, 2016, 4:10 am

Last edited by Spimer on November 25th, 2016, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1317

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 25th, 2016, 5:44 am

Looks like the title is "Karakurenai no Rondo" (The Crimson Rondo), right?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 517

Contact:

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Postby Serinox » November 25th, 2016, 5:51 am

No, it's "Kara Kurenai/Karakurenai no Raburetā". Poster gives "ラブレター" as furigana, rondo would be "ロンド".
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1317

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 25th, 2016, 6:05 am

Serinox wrote:No, it's "Kara Kurenai/Karakurenai no Raburetā". Poster gives "ラブレター" as furigana, rondo would be "ロンド".


At least I got the crimson part right... :)

I take it Raburetā means love letter.

So we have "The Crimson Love Letter."
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607
User avatar
Posts: 123

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Postby eros1607 » November 25th, 2016, 6:18 am

I feel sorry for Momiji though. I don't know her personality yet but tears in her eyes... A character born just to suffer.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1080

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Postby Nemomon » November 25th, 2016, 8:35 am

eros1607 wrote:I feel sorry for Momiji though. I don't know her personality yet but tears in her eyes... A character born just to suffer.


She is a canon character that will appear only in the movie :P (besides her single short manga appearance).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1402

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby k11chi » November 25th, 2016, 8:40 am

Holy shit thats my favourite movie poster GJ Gosho!. This movie better be absolutely amazing.
Image
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!
User avatar
Posts: 552

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby kentasaiba » November 25th, 2016, 9:25 am

Episodes for April:

April 1: "The cry of the Nue - Part 1"
April 8: "The cry of the Nue - Part 2"
April 15: "The cry of the Nue - Part 3" (serves as Magic File, introducing Momoe)
Image
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby Tantei San » November 25th, 2016, 9:48 am

So, they planned it accordingly, so that right after momiji's first anime appearance she would be shown in the movie. Nice timing, Gosho-sensei
Swagnarok
User avatar
Posts: 319

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby Swagnarok » November 25th, 2016, 9:58 am

I suspect Kaito Kid might make an appearance, unless that thing at the bottom is something Gosho does regularly for movie posters.
明智 ナンシー
"Ey, babe, I found five dollahs in the bottom of a dumpsta somewhere. Lemme treat you to some McDonald's and then we can head on over to my place, how 'bout dat?"
Spoiler:
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Character key for my DC stories:
Yoshiteru Nichimura: Japanese-American CIA agent, Hidemi's colleague and former boyfriend. Known among the ranks of the CIA as "Grim Reaper", from his skull-like face and his deadly short-range combat skills. He has a very good fast draw and he's very highly proficient in the Israeli martial art form called Krav Maga. However, he has no talent as a sniper, and he doesn't bother trying to be one.
Ryan Jackson: African-American CIA agent and director of CIA operations in Japan involving the Black Organisation. He was once good friends with Ethan Hondou, who taught him how to charge at a gunman without getting hit. He was an army chaplain who served in Iraq, seeing combat on numerous occasions, most notably during the Second Battle of Fallujah. He's been a lifelong resident of Metairie, LA, and he's married with several children. He graduated from Loyola University Maryland. His favorite saying is, "It is sometimes necessary to lie damnably in the interests of the nation."
Elena and Atsushi Miyano: Faked their deaths and now secretly lead a "White Organisation" against the Men in Black. Parents of Akemi, Shiho, and Satoshi Miyano.
ELXR-0666: A drug developed by the BO that can revive the dead, the ultimate aim of their research and development of APTX-4869.
Nancy Akechi: Ran Mouri, revived by ELXR-0666 and then shrunken to a 7/8 year old by APTX-4869. Lives with Conan and her two parents, who are unaware of her true identity. Is the sixth member of the "Detective Boys".
Cognac: Shinichi Kudo made a bargain with Elena Miyano: Join the BO in exchange for the drug that could revive Ran from the dead. He became a Black Crow under the codename Cognac, specialising in using his detective skills to investigate matters important to the Organisation.
Antichrist: An ancient hominid species very closely related to Homo Sapiens. They were biologically indistinguishable from human beings, except for the presence of the "Altar Organ", an internal bodily organ that allowed them to replace one of their other body parts, even the brain, with a corresponding one belonging to another person upon consuming said replacement body part. This species went extinct long ago, but they are relevant to the BO's plans today.
Yoko Okino: Boss of the Black Organisation upon the death of Korn, who in turn succeeded Pisco. Codename: Cabernet Sauvignon. Her mother was a member of the BO Council, and she raised her daughter to worship the Ancient Canaanite gods. Yoko's philosophy was also shaped by something that she witnessed as a child, the bullying of one of her classmates that led to suicide. She represents the "young blood" of the Organisation, and her religious fervour sets her apart from the Council, which consists of elderly and middle-aged bureaucrats and businessmen. She sees them as heretics.
Mezcal: Biochemist who assumed control of the APTX-4869 project upon Sherry's defection. He joined the project approximately one year before the events of Episodes 128-129 and the two of them worked closely in developing the drug.
eros1607
User avatar
Posts: 123

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby eros1607 » November 25th, 2016, 10:01 am

So will she appear in the manga or not? It's weird that she cannot appear in the manga before the movie airing. However, the movie will be aired around the release of file 1000 and when I look at what is happening in the manga, it's unlikely that a case with Heiji will happen before that time. Everything in the manga is leading to BO. I don't pay attention to the characters who only function for romance subplot but that kinda unfair introducing characters and then treating them like crap. Hopefully, Gosho will not do that. A Momiji case should be after the Amuro case (the next case) or at least before file 990.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1402

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby k11chi » November 25th, 2016, 10:09 am

eros1607 wrote:So will she appear in the manga or not? It's weird that she cannot appear in the manga before the movie airing. However, the movie will be aired around the release of file 1000 and when I look at what is happening in the manga, it's unlikely that a case with Heiji will happen before that time. Everything in the manga is leading to BO. I don't pay attention to the characters who only function for romance subplot but that kinda unfair introducing characters and then treating them like crap. Hopefully, Gosho will not do that. A Momiji case should be after the Amuro case (the next case) or at least before file 990.

This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case. The case that introduced the Nagano cops was a Heiji case also.
Image
eros1607
User avatar
Posts: 123

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby eros1607 » November 25th, 2016, 10:25 am

k11chi wrote:This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case.


From file 500, it is a pattern that BO will appear at file X00s. Black Impacts, Scarlet Series, file 700, file 800. Scarlet series didn't happen in file 900 but it is around that (894-898) so it is safe to assume that BO will be present in file 1000. It is weird that with all the development lately and we have to wait for two years to wait for BO in file 1100. Besides, Shonen Sunday are hyping up file 1000 as an occasion for reviving the whole magazine. A BO case is the exact thing they need to get more people buy the magazine and look for other stuff besides Conan. And I don't think Heiji can make a bigger BO case than Akai (exactly his whole family) and Amuro (because he is related to Elena who is too important, maybe even more important than Rum). The next case with Amuro make me safely assume that a BO case with Amuro and Akai will happen at file 1000. The next spoiler also make me think Kuroda may appear soon, after about 60 files since his last appearance.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1402

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby k11chi » November 25th, 2016, 11:37 am

eros1607 wrote:
k11chi wrote:This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case.


From file 500, it is a pattern that BO will appear at file X00s. Black Impacts, Scarlet Series, file 700, file 800. Scarlet series didn't happen in file 900 but it is around that (894-898) so it is safe to assume that BO will be present in file 1000. It is weird that with all the development lately and we have to wait for two years to wait for BO in file 1100. Besides, Shonen Sunday are hyping up file 1000 as an occasion for reviving the whole magazine. A BO case is the exact thing they need to get more people buy the magazine and look for other stuff besides Conan. And I don't think Heiji can make a bigger BO case than Akai (exactly his whole family) and Amuro (because he is related to Elena who is too important, maybe even more important than Rum). The next case with Amuro make me safely assume that a BO case with Amuro and Akai will happen at file 1000. The next spoiler also make me think Kuroda may appear soon, after about 60 files since his last appearance.

While 700 and 800 were interesting, the most important parts during those times didn't happen in 700, 800 or 900 though.
What matters for the franchise is how well they manage to promote the next years movie.
I'd guess it could get about a billion less than the Darkest Nightmare, so it'd manage to be more succesfull than Sunflowers of Inferno atleast. Anyway Gosho pretty much needs to write a Heiji case that's just how it is. It will probably be a short case first then a longer case.
Image
Wakarimashita
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 3554

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Postby Wakarimashita » November 25th, 2016, 1:36 pm

Swagnarok wrote:I suspect Kaito Kid might make an appearance, unless that thing at the bottom is something Gosho does regularly for movie posters.


It's his signature "stamp".
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests