Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Wakarimashita

Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Post by Wakarimashita »

Last edited by Spimer on November 25th, 2016, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21 "Dark crimson Love Letter" - April 15 2017

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Looks like the title is "Karakurenai no Rondo" (The Crimson Rondo), right?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

No, it's "Kara Kurenai/Karakurenai no Raburetā". Poster gives "ラブレター" as furigana, rondo would be "ロンド".
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:No, it's "Kara Kurenai/Karakurenai no Raburetā". Poster gives "ラブレター" as furigana, rondo would be "ロンド".
At least I got the crimson part right... :)

I take it Raburetā means love letter.

So we have "The Crimson Love Letter."
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

I feel sorry for Momiji though. I don't know her personality yet but tears in her eyes... A character born just to suffer.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

eros1607 wrote:I feel sorry for Momiji though. I don't know her personality yet but tears in her eyes... A character born just to suffer.
She is a canon character that will appear only in the movie :P (besides her single short manga appearance).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Re: Detective Conan Movie 21: "Dark crimson Love Letter" (2017)

Post by k11chi »

Holy shit thats my favourite movie poster GJ Gosho!. This movie better be absolutely amazing.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

Episodes for April:

April 1: "The cry of the Nue - Part 1"
April 8: "The cry of the Nue - Part 2"
April 15: "The cry of the Nue - Part 3" (serves as Magic File, introducing Momoe)
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

So, they planned it accordingly, so that right after momiji's first anime appearance she would be shown in the movie. Nice timing, Gosho-sensei
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

I suspect Kaito Kid might make an appearance, unless that thing at the bottom is something Gosho does regularly for movie posters.
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

So will she appear in the manga or not? It's weird that she cannot appear in the manga before the movie airing. However, the movie will be aired around the release of file 1000 and when I look at what is happening in the manga, it's unlikely that a case with Heiji will happen before that time. Everything in the manga is leading to BO. I don't pay attention to the characters who only function for romance subplot but that kinda unfair introducing characters and then treating them like crap. Hopefully, Gosho will not do that. A Momiji case should be after the Amuro case (the next case) or at least before file 990.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

eros1607 wrote:So will she appear in the manga or not? It's weird that she cannot appear in the manga before the movie airing. However, the movie will be aired around the release of file 1000 and when I look at what is happening in the manga, it's unlikely that a case with Heiji will happen before that time. Everything in the manga is leading to BO. I don't pay attention to the characters who only function for romance subplot but that kinda unfair introducing characters and then treating them like crap. Hopefully, Gosho will not do that. A Momiji case should be after the Amuro case (the next case) or at least before file 990.
This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case. The case that introduced the Nagano cops was a Heiji case also.
eros1607

Post by eros1607 »

k11chi wrote: This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case.
From file 500, it is a pattern that BO will appear at file X00s. Black Impacts, Scarlet Series, file 700, file 800. Scarlet series didn't happen in file 900 but it is around that (894-898) so it is safe to assume that BO will be present in file 1000. It is weird that with all the development lately and we have to wait for two years to wait for BO in file 1100. Besides, Shonen Sunday are hyping up file 1000 as an occasion for reviving the whole magazine. A BO case is the exact thing they need to get more people buy the magazine and look for other stuff besides Conan. And I don't think Heiji can make a bigger BO case than Akai (exactly his whole family) and Amuro (because he is related to Elena who is too important, maybe even more important than Rum). The next case with Amuro make me safely assume that a BO case with Amuro and Akai will happen at file 1000. The next spoiler also make me think Kuroda may appear soon, after about 60 files since his last appearance.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

eros1607 wrote:
k11chi wrote: This year was a BO year with volume 90 consisting mostly of RUM cases. We don't know what next year is about even if it has file 1000. A bigger arc could easily happen in 2018 instead.
And even if you say Gosho wouldn't do that despite Mystery Train and Scarlet, Heiji could easily become a part of a BO arc also. Making the next years Heiji case the bigger BO case.
From file 500, it is a pattern that BO will appear at file X00s. Black Impacts, Scarlet Series, file 700, file 800. Scarlet series didn't happen in file 900 but it is around that (894-898) so it is safe to assume that BO will be present in file 1000. It is weird that with all the development lately and we have to wait for two years to wait for BO in file 1100. Besides, Shonen Sunday are hyping up file 1000 as an occasion for reviving the whole magazine. A BO case is the exact thing they need to get more people buy the magazine and look for other stuff besides Conan. And I don't think Heiji can make a bigger BO case than Akai (exactly his whole family) and Amuro (because he is related to Elena who is too important, maybe even more important than Rum). The next case with Amuro make me safely assume that a BO case with Amuro and Akai will happen at file 1000. The next spoiler also make me think Kuroda may appear soon, after about 60 files since his last appearance.
While 700 and 800 were interesting, the most important parts during those times didn't happen in 700, 800 or 900 though.
What matters for the franchise is how well they manage to promote the next years movie.
I'd guess it could get about a billion less than the Darkest Nightmare, so it'd manage to be more succesfull than Sunflowers of Inferno atleast. Anyway Gosho pretty much needs to write a Heiji case that's just how it is. It will probably be a short case first then a longer case.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Swagnarok wrote:I suspect Kaito Kid might make an appearance, unless that thing at the bottom is something Gosho does regularly for movie posters.
It's his signature "stamp".
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"