"Episode One : The Shortened Detective" 2h special (December the 9th)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
irishock

Re: "Episode One : The Shortened Detective" 2h special (December the 9th)

Postby irishock » May 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
irishock wrote:Lol I'm not saying it's misplaced in that it didn't deserve to be in there, just that I didn't think that song fit the atmosphere well iN THAT CONTEXT... I think Nazo would've been better

What can I say—I've got a ways to go to not come off as some super-offended fanboy who flips at the drop of a hat. :-[ So my apologies if your initial reaction to my post was, "WTF...?"

I think Unmei no Roulette Mawashite was better suited for that scene, given that it was a Shinichi/Ran scene—I associate Unmei no Roulette Mawashite with Shinichi/Ran more than I associate them with Nazo.

I love ZARD more than I love Conan itself but honestly the Roulette song.. especially the disk version and not the TV version.. might be one of her weakest. It's like yeah it has the nostalgia feel to it, but that's about it. I think there's a reason she never sang it in any of her concerts. Also the TV version is multiple times more uplifting, but they didn't use it. For that scene, I'd say Roulette (TV) version > Nazo >>> Roulette (album version).
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 14th, 2017, 11:14 pm

irishock wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
irishock wrote:Lol I'm not saying it's misplaced in that it didn't deserve to be in there, just that I didn't think that song fit the atmosphere well iN THAT CONTEXT... I think Nazo would've been better

What can I say—I've got a ways to go to not come off as some super-offended fanboy who flips at the drop of a hat. :-[ So my apologies if your initial reaction to my post was, "WTF...?"

I think Unmei no Roulette Mawashite was better suited for that scene, given that it was a Shinichi/Ran scene—I associate Unmei no Roulette Mawashite with Shinichi/Ran more than I associate them with Nazo.

I love ZARD more than I love Conan itself but honestly the Roulette song.. especially the disk version and not the TV version.. might be one of her weakest. It's like yeah it has the nostalgia feel to it, but that's about it. I think there's a reason she never sang it in any of her concerts. Also the TV version is multiple times more uplifting, but they didn't use it. For that scene, I'd say Roulette (TV) version > Nazo >>> Roulette (album version).

Ah, so it wasn't just that they cut parts of the song—like they've typically do for intros/closings—the album version and the TV version were not one in the same.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 15th, 2017, 5:01 am

-I find it impossible to believe they thought there was an audience in Japan who never knew how Shinichi turned into Conan who was also watching this. Just say it's an expanded recap or something, don't pretend it's an actual mystery for some imaginary audience.

-I do miss the days when I thought Gin's hair going from blond to grey was a plot point

-Starting with Shiho is a good start to anything

-Oh the Aquarium episode...k

-I hear people talk about Roulette, thankfully I didn't seem to realize that the original HIGH LOWS Opening is here, hype yeah!

-Though I hope Step by Step isn't, that needs to be in the final episode of the anime

-"Sounds like a fun place" what was with the tone of that line?

-I can't help but think "how did Ran have a newer phone like that before an event that was in 1994/6?"

-Vodka's just at a bar. Bet he's like "y'know, I'm not even much of an alcohol guy but I have to keep up appearances..."

-"Rum" Don't tease me!

-Ok, that was a great fakeout followed by death scene

-One of the absolute best parts of the anime, mainly the movies, is that Gin is allowed to be the gloriously scary murderer that he clearly is and I love it so much.

-This early DB cameo is a better idea than the one in the actual first episode tbh

-Sonoko: Narrator of Ran's life

-THIS GUY OMG. FAKE WHEELCHAIR GUY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING

-Agasa died on his way back to his home planet

-If there's anything I wish they brought back Akira Kamiya for, it's this.

-GOD DAMMIT MAKOTO. I mean, that is how it happened but still, this is a bit much.

-Also, Sonoko is the coolest friend

-Ran's power to summon storm clouds is an unexpected part of this story

-This one guy looks like a 30 year old Mitsuhiko almost

-TAKAGI WASN'T HERE YOU LIARS > : (

-No goofy pat on the back?! Disappointing! :(

-Hello Mizunashi Rena!

-Ran destroying that pillar was actually funnier in this one

-Ran used Triple Kick! It missed!

-"Let's use this disguise in 1 year real time, or X number of days in-universe"

-So because it's "Cola Cola" they don't have to give Coke money. Even though it looks nearly identical. K

-So many callbacks, so little time

-Roulette is not a particularly great song but I kinda like the music behind this version better than the other versions.

-I will say the original version of this visit to Tropical Land is the worst version for making it seem like Ran actually enjoyed Shinichi's company. So this is an improvement by default.

-OMG I FORGOT. GIN AND VODKA GET ON THE ROLLERCOASTER. YESSSSSSSS

-JUST NO REACTION. Though I do wish Vodka was having fun.

-Chianti and Korn's scene was amazing

-SO MUCH BLOOD

-"CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE" I'M SORRY, WHAT?! WHAT?!?!!? Um...I hate to tell you this, but I think when your head is entirely taken off of your body...it's a little too late for that!

-Gin, what do you think would happen after you killed the inspector?

-I wonder if Gin is remotely impressed by any of this or if just entirely doesn't care

-So I guess Chiba is dating her now :V

-Vodka is so annoyed at the idea of him knowing anything about the Organization that he tells him the Organization's plan. ....wait what?

-I don't remember it being this horrific

-Oh no, his inner voice is Shinichi! It's Case Closed! :o

-Oh cool, this scene is more like the manga instead of Conan escaping THAT quickly.

-"Scientifically, it's impossible...but you knew about my butt..."

-Only now have I realized how silly it is that Ran told this kid she just met about her crush. "I've literally never told my best friend or any of my family, but some kid I just met? Ok!

-Ok, this montage of the early cases is awesome

-"Hey Hattori. Have you ever killed a person?"

-Sherry

Despite the fact that I had a few issues with this, it was awesome. Just seeing these iconic scenes (with some new ones) play out with new animation is so enjoyable. Though I swear this is like my 6th or 7th time going through the first episode's story. I honestly wonder though, if they're gonna do another one. I doubt it would be soon but I'd be down for Episode One Twenty Nine for the 25th anniversary.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
usotsuki

Postby usotsuki » May 17th, 2017, 1:08 am

There's 2 TV versions of Unmei BTW...but I preferred the first and edited it in over the second.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
shocky2002

Postby shocky2002 » May 18th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Gin must've been sweating like a motherf***** during the whole ordeal. What if Shinichi wrongly deduced him as the murderer and he got taken in by the police right then and there lmao
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » May 18th, 2017, 11:21 pm

Gin was about to shoot to the policemen and Megure, but was stopped by Shinichi. I doubt this was an ordeal for him.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
shocky2002

Postby shocky2002 » May 19th, 2017, 12:14 am

Probably can't survive an onslaught from the police though. It's over for him right there, unless Chianti/Korn are backing him up
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm

shocky2002 wrote:Probably can't survive an onslaught from the police though. It's over for him right there, unless Chianti/Korn are backing him up

Or Vodka has bombs on him and goes kamikaze.
Scarlet Rose

Postby Scarlet Rose » May 21st, 2017, 4:26 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
-OMG I FORGOT. GIN AND VODKA GET ON THE ROLLERCOASTER. YESSSSSSSS

-JUST NO REACTION. Though I do wish Vodka was having fun.

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 22nd, 2017, 1:31 am

Perfect. The world is a better place with that image.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55

Return to “General Discussion”