OP 43 - Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru by B’z

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Kor

Re: OP 43 - Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru by B’z

Postby Kor » May 14th, 2016, 2:02 pm

This OP just makes me think how incredibly dull the manga/anime is by comparison. I mean, the visuals are fun I guess, but they have nothing to do with what the series actually is.

If anything, this works better as M20 promotional material (but then again that movie's been in theaters for a month already).
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » May 14th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Yes, finally! This was great one.

EDIT: Kor RM'd me. I definitely agree with... him(?).
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
alicetama

shsl kawaii

Postby alicetama » May 15th, 2016, 10:48 am

hi Alice here. I'd just like to say if the ending of the series doesn't end like the opening plays out (it seems a little climatic to me) then I will be severely disappointed. (well, ok, not severely. I'm just being dramatic.)
Why? You never win the cursed war.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 15th, 2016, 12:15 pm

alicetama wrote:hi Alice here. I'd just like to say if the ending of the series doesn't end like the opening plays out (it seems a little climatic to me) then I will be severely disappointed. (well, ok, not severely. I'm just being dramatic.)

I would bet it`s not going to be anything like in the opening..
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » May 15th, 2016, 8:31 pm

The animation for this OP is fun and exciting on the surface with essentially all new elements (if I'm not mistaken). But, as has been the case over the years (like with the Mai Kuraki OP that had the Black Org predominantly featured for episodes they were not in), this is just about as divorced from the everyday content of the series as any OP has been. I'm not sure what that actually says about the status quo as it stands today.

The song itself—as much as I like the message and overall tune—isn't really the best fit for an OP. It's much more suited for a movie theme, which can be used in a more flexible manner. For a direct comparison, "Don't Wanna Lie" was a much better retrofit. That said, this song always sounded like a B-side or album song, so I was surprised to hear this would also be used in the anime since it's still likely not going to be a single.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 17th, 2016, 12:15 pm

bluekaitou1412 wrote:Everybody is badass in this opening except for Shinichi's dumb face. Also can we talk about Ran kicking ass? Best part. (Also got ruined by another being-saved sequence but eh.)

Seemed pretty him to me, considering the Hollywood-like circumstances. A simple smirk just doesn't seem enough for what's happening, behind him.

Except she wasn't really saved, there. There was no explanation why the ground caved in. And ruined seems a bit extreme to me. Shinichi/Conan doesn't really do much in this OP—he had to get a soccer ball in there, at the end.

Jd- wrote:The animation for this OP is fun and exciting on the surface with essentially all new elements (if I'm not mistaken). But, as has been the case over the years (like with the Mai Kuraki OP that had the Black Org predominantly featured for episodes they were not in), this is just about as divorced from the everyday content of the series as any OP has been. I'm not sure what that actually says about the status quo as it stands today.

I was surprised they didn't go farther with the "divorced from DC" stuff, with even more action and drama. If anything, OPs are an opportunity for creative flourishes, just short of the ones the movies should be doing. This OP seemed to have two stories—think an alternate Holmes' Revelation and an alternate Movie 20, with the former having much more action than its original counterpart.

So where does this rank, compared to the other B'z openings?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 17th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Well, I was obviously exaggerating, though I don't see how you don't see another Ran-being-saved in this OP (because it's just like in any DC movie, ever).

Also, yeah, I think Shinichi's smirk face is dumb.

Edit: The song is earworm to me. There's a disconnect between it & the animation, but this time I can deal with.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 18th, 2016, 1:53 am

bluekaitou1412 wrote:I don't see how you don't see another Ran-being-saved in this OP (because it's just like in any DC movie, ever).

I really don't. You'll have to explain it to me.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 18th, 2016, 4:12 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
bluekaitou1412 wrote:I don't see how you don't see another Ran-being-saved in this OP (because it's just like in any DC movie, ever).

I really don't. You'll have to explain it to me.

Shinichi jumping to Ran seems to be taken as her getting saved.
DCUniverseAficionado

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » May 18th, 2016, 4:55 am

In the explosion in London part, only a parachute could save them both. Is Ran known to have parachutes? Why would she have one, there?

In the construction yard part (that's where it seemed to be taking place to me), who's to say she couldn't have pulled a Raven Chaser on the guy at the end? Besides, as I said, we aren't shown why there's suddenly a crater in that construction yard, and Shinichi/Conan hadn't really done anything in the OP.
chinpokomon

Postby chinpokomon » May 20th, 2016, 6:18 am

it's kinda weird in a way. I didn't really connected to the song although it's not a bad one(may it will grow on me) and the video although it's seem awsome doesn't really connect to the song and just seemed like a bunch of random scenes. still it's so much better than the last one which had the second wrost video ever. I'm glad they're changing the OP often unlike other on going shows so the watchers don't have to put up with a bad OP for long
wolf4537

Postby wolf4537 » August 5th, 2016, 11:13 pm

I know I'm late to this topic but I must say, this is like one of my favorite DC opening themes. B'z has always made AMAZING music and I love all the songs that they have made for Detective Conan. :D
DETECTIVE CONAN AND WOLF'S RAIN ROCK
Valentin

Postby Valentin » October 3rd, 2016, 12:06 pm

It may sound incredible, but … Sekai ha Anata no Iro ni Naru has actually been released! As a digital-exclusive single.

Valentin

Postby Valentin » June 14th, 2017, 3:43 pm

For the sake of completeness, I’d like to have mentioned that Sekai ha Anata no Iro ni Naru has today been rereleased as part of the band’s new single Seimei / Still Alive. Whether you’re an audiophile or a collector, feel free to listen to the song in higher quality!