Detective Conan Movie 20: "The Darkest Nightmare" (2016)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
xLostChains

Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Re: Detective Conan Movie 20: "The Darkest Nightmare" (2016)

Postby xLostChains » November 18th, 2016, 10:34 am

k11chi wrote:Gin's smart yes but before that he's clearly a psycho, when Vermouth was dressed up as a waiter, Gin got annoyed and tried to smash her head with an ice pick. Just like in Mystery Train he didn't care about her and Bourbon getting blown up with Sherry.
The movies just take his traits to an extreme.

I completely agreed with what you said but...sure he wants to bomb vermouth and bourbon, but at least its not as obvious as the movies (I mean the public doesn't know that there's a bomb until the disassembled part of the train exploded right?)

but *sigh* at least the movie got a high ranking despite all that...so I'll just chill with it
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » November 18th, 2016, 10:55 am

The interrogation is the most retarded things Gin can do. Even if they are rats, they will definitely keep their mouth shut because they will get killed either ways. They will just sacrifice like Hondou Eisuke or Scoth. BO always have to find at least the real name of undercover before killing them. Gin being deceived by the small tricks of Akai is ridiculous and I bet Gin will not kill a subordinate of Rum if he is not allowed. Gin in this movie is a complete retard.
xLostChains

Postby xLostChains » November 18th, 2016, 11:20 am

eros1607 wrote:The interrogation is the most retarded things Gin can do. Even if they are rats, they will definitely keep their mouth shut because they will get killed either ways. They will just sacrifice like Hondou Eisuke or Scoth. BO always have to find at least the real name of undercover before killing them. Gin being deceived by the small tricks of Akai is ridiculous and I bet Gin will not kill a subordinate of Rum if he is not allowed. Gin in this movie is a complete retard.

yeah...Gin is rdiculous in this movie (like what I said in my earlier post)...thank goodness its only in the movies :| :-\
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » November 18th, 2016, 9:04 pm

The movie will be released in China next friday.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 19th, 2016, 3:28 am

eros1607 wrote:The interrogation is the most retarded things Gin can do. Even if they are rats, they will definitely keep their mouth shut because they will get killed either ways. They will just sacrifice like Hondou Eisuke or Scoth. BO always have to find at least the real name of undercover before killing them. Gin being deceived by the small tricks of Akai is ridiculous and I bet Gin will not kill a subordinate of Rum if he is not allowed. Gin in this movie is a complete retard.

Not really. He brought them to a place where there are no witnesses. Besides, even if they did somehow escape, unless Shinichi/Conan and Hiroshi sent that message to Rum—ultimately leading to a sequence of events that left the BO thinking Curaçao had betrayed them, making it seem that she had sent out false info and gotten the BO to kill it's own, thus making them believe that Bourbon and Kir really were not NOCs—they would've been outed, and their infiltrations would've been at an end.

Except he wasn't. It was a stalling mechanism on Shuichi's part to ensure that at least one of them could escape. Gin wasn't really tricked, just caught off guard.

Easy on the hyperbolic rhetoric...

Off Topic
In all seriousness, though, please just use "idiot" or "moron," because "retard" is generally used as a term of abuse (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/retard?s=t). It's for the best, I think, if it's use keeps getting reduced.

Please note—this is a general thing, directed at all users who may use this word, not just one, especially if they are unaware, simply ignorant, of the implications. I hope this'll be taken as informative, rather than inflammatory—if it is taken as inflammatory, then I apologize, for that's not my intent.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » November 19th, 2016, 6:15 am

Movie 21 crayonned poster to be revealed next week.

"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

xLostChains

Postby xLostChains » November 19th, 2016, 6:35 am

Wakarimashita wrote:Movie 21 crayonned poster to be revealed next week.

ohh... <3
Misztina

Postby Misztina » December 9th, 2016, 5:19 pm

It wasn't the worst movie, but so forced and so many out-of-character things, this is not my type of movie at all. DB wasn't helping it at all.
The car chase at the beginning was cool and the graphics of the whole movie were awesome. Those Berlin backgrounds were superb. I like great backgrounds.
I have to really watch it again, because on the first try, I was actually bored by it and cringed so hard, I skipped scenes. This has never happened before. Well, once, movie 11, the pirate-girls. I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing.
I'll give this movie another chance so I can screenshot a few things and maybe I'll get interested in the plot.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 18th, 2016, 12:44 am

I loved his movie. Loved it, loved it, loved it. At least for the most part.

I would say like...I presume more than half of the complaints of this movie are why it is great. Y'all don't get it. This is not a "Detective Conan" movie, in a traditional sense. This is a ridiculous, over-the-top action movie, that uses Detective Conan's characters and plot to ground it into being something people can get attached to. The difference is, and quite frankly why this is much better than a lot of later Conan movies, THIS ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS THAT. I never got the sense that this movie wanted to be some cerebral, or slower paced detective movie with obligatory explosions. That's why a lot of them fall short, because they TRY to be a detective movie. And I hate that, if it's not actually compelling or worth my time. And if action stuff actively gets in the way of that, why even bother making one. Especially with a focus on one-off characters we don't even know.

And let me just say, this is a dumb movie. Like, I think it could've been much dumber, considering the seemingly thousands of plot points it had to juggle. But it is fairly dumb, and if you think about the reasoning of some of the characters at points, it makes no sense. Especially when you take into account the series. But that's the other point. If it's not really canon, then why not? The DC movies have tended to be their own thing anyway, so why not do every crazy thing that would never happen in the actual manga/anime? Again there are still problems with it, but in terms of being an enjoyable flick, there was at least a heart to its story, and there were enough high points in terms of story and characterization that the dumber parts could be made up by that, and by being GLORIOUSLY dumb. Seriously, that ending was INSANE. I was in awe, and laughing. It was a joy to watch.

(pretty sure i don't need spoiler tags at this point but just to be safe)

Spoiler:
Curaçao was shockingly compelling. I remember Irish, who was mostly just interesting for his connection with Pisco. This woman was actually just compelling to watch, despite having amnesia for most of it. I shockingly really liked her little friendship with the Detective Boys. I think because the kids legitimately really cared about her the whole movie, and were sweet to this woman who lost her memory. And I liked that Conan and Haibara kinda were concerned about helping this woman and it was like "maybe it would be better if she never got her memories back...". I'm not sure I get her motivation at the end but god damn that scene in her mind with all the computers and Rum. I loved that scene. Conan so hyping rarely gets to do anything cool with visuals (beyond action-y things in movies like this :p) but this was cool, and made Rum seem more interesting and more threatening.

And I'm shocked that it really kept my interest the whole way through. The climax basically starts like a little over an hour in or something, but for like a half hour I never lost interest. Even the Akai and Amuro fight, despite making LITTLE sense, was so fun to watch. Seriously, how did the Bourbon arc end? By tricking Amuro about Okiya's appearance. In clever ways and it was cool. But it wasn't action-packed. So here's a badass action scene. And yes, I did want to see Akai and Amuro beat the crap out each other like this. Thank you.

Also, Gin killing Riesling was one of the coolest segments in the entire series. Just the angles and everything. It was so glorious.

tl;dr: Fun things are fun.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 18th, 2016, 8:41 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:I loved his movie. Loved it, loved it, loved it. At least for the most part.

I would say like...I presume more than half of the complaints of this movie are why it is great. Y'all don't get it. This is not a "Detective Conan" movie, in a traditional sense. This is a ridiculous, over-the-top action movie, that uses Detective Conan's characters and plot to ground it into being something people can get attached to. The difference is, and quite frankly why this is much better than a lot of later Conan movies, THIS ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS THAT. I never got the sense that this movie wanted to be some cerebral, or slower paced detective movie with obligatory explosions. That's why a lot of them fall short, because they TRY to be a detective movie. And I hate that, if it's not actually compelling or worth my time. And if action stuff actively gets in the way of that, why even bother making one. Especially with a focus on one-off characters we don't even know.

And let me just say, this is a dumb movie. Like, I think it could've been much dumber, considering the seemingly thousands of plot points it had to juggle. But it is fairly dumb, and if you think about the reasoning of some of the characters at points, it makes no sense. Especially when you take into account the series. But that's the other point. If it's not really canon, then why not? The DC movies have tended to be their own thing anyway, so why not do every crazy thing that would never happen in the actual manga/anime? Again there are still problems with it, but in terms of being an enjoyable flick, there was at least a heart to its story, and there were enough high points in terms of story and characterization that the dumber parts could be made up by that, and by being GLORIOUSLY dumb. Seriously, that ending was INSANE. I was in awe, and laughing. It was a joy to watch.

(pretty sure i don't need spoiler tags at this point but just to be safe)

Spoiler:
Curaçao was shockingly compelling. I remember Irish, who was mostly just interesting for his connection with Pisco. This woman was actually just compelling to watch, despite having amnesia for most of it. I shockingly really liked her little friendship with the Detective Boys. I think because the kids legitimately really cared about her the whole movie, and were sweet to this woman who lost her memory. And I liked that Conan and Haibara kinda were concerned about helping this woman and it was like "maybe it would be better if she never got her memories back...". I'm not sure I get her motivation at the end but god damn that scene in her mind with all the computers and Rum. I loved that scene. Conan so hyping rarely gets to do anything cool with visuals (beyond action-y things in movies like this :p) but this was cool, and made Rum seem more interesting and more threatening.

And I'm shocked that it really kept my interest the whole way through. The climax basically starts like a little over an hour in or something, but for like a half hour I never lost interest. Even the Akai and Amuro fight, despite making LITTLE sense, was so fun to watch. Seriously, how did the Bourbon arc end? By tricking Amuro about Okiya's appearance. In clever ways and it was cool. But it wasn't action-packed. So here's a badass action scene. And yes, I did want to see Akai and Amuro beat the crap out each other like this. Thank you.

Also, Gin killing Riesling was one of the coolest segments in the entire series. Just the angles and everything. It was so glorious.

tl;dr: Fun things are fun.

My thoughts exactly!
The DC story-telling-style has never relied on too much action to get it's amazing plot across, but in return, it did bottle up a lot of urges for it. This movie had just the perfect amount of it to release us from those urges, while giving us nice teasers.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
yuukichang

'one truth prevails'

Postby yuukichang » December 19th, 2016, 5:05 am

But still Bourbon lacks of self-control, especially on the scene wherein he had a fist fight with Akai. He easily got into fight without even thinking when he see Akai and I think it will be his weak point.
::) ::) ::)
dilbertschalter

Postby dilbertschalter » January 8th, 2017, 6:50 pm

That was a bummer. Not in the usual, "there's no mystery, plot is obvious, lots of meaningless explosions" sense. That's defined the movies for 10+ years and is inevitable. What was disappointing was that I've seen this movie before. Not as in "I know DC, so I know how things will unfold," but as in "this stapled together the main plot point of one previous DC movie onto the structure of another and called a day."
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 10th, 2017, 9:59 pm

dilbertschalter wrote:That was a bummer. Not in the usual, "there's no mystery, plot is obvious, lots of meaningless explosions" sense. That's defined the movies for 10+ years and is inevitable. What was disappointing was that I've seen this movie before. Not as in "I know DC, so I know how things will unfold," but as in "this stapled together the main plot point of one previous DC movie onto the structure of another and called a day."

True enough I guess.

I'm not sure it matters. Originality of the plot would be like...my 30th complaint? Maybe? And I loved the movie so...yeah....
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Xytan Whitcombe

Postby Xytan Whitcombe » March 23rd, 2017, 3:45 pm

This movie solidified my hate of the Detective Boys even further.

If they would have just waited another time to go on the Ferris Wheel, Curacao probably could have easily escaped and Ai+Conan would be able to get information out of her.

IT IS ALL THE DETECTIVE BOYS FAULT.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » March 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm

Xytan Whitcombe wrote:This movie solidified my hate of the Detective Boys even further.

If they would have just waited another time to go on the Ferris Wheel, Curacao probably could have easily escaped and Ai+Conan would be able to get information out of her.

IT IS ALL THE DETECTIVE BOYS FAULT.

Eh, this sounds like going out of the way to blame those who you dislike for everything that goes wrong.

Yeah! Sure! The BO are not to blame at all! It's totally fine that Kazami wanted to torture Curaçao! It's those annoying kids who are the real villains! ::)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)

Return to “General Discussion”