Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Re: Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post by MrDetective »

I think the chapter 5 trick is kinda dumb
Spoiler:
what would she have done if someone had discovered the bow and retrieved her fingerprints on it?

I don't even understand how anyone, especially the bartender, didn't check inside the wooden box
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Hmm I want to play it on DS but I have lost the big card thing somewhere
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

I completed the Kindaichi half of Chapter 7, total time now 16H 56M and 96%.
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

Max1996 wrote:I completed the Kindaichi half of Chapter 7, total time now 16H 56M and 96%.
Congrats on finishing~ :)

Somewhat off-topic: I'm really crazing some detective games right now. Does anyone know of any that I can play on the DS, 3DS or PC? Or even the Wii.
Last edited by EternalHeavens on July 3rd, 2015, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

I'm stuck at the riddle with the clock

help please? :/
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

MrDetective wrote:I'm stuck at the riddle with the clock

Spoiler: Chapter 6 Spoilers
Sword and Dagger = clock hands
In terms of cards, Jack is the lowest 'face', which represents 11, so 11-4 = ?
3 east of the queen (representing 12)-> move hand from 12, 3 hours clockwise.

If you understood my horrible explanation, you'll probably figure it out.
I find that giving the answer outright kind of ruins the point of playing games, so I hope that helped. :/
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

EternalHeavens wrote:

I find that giving the answer outright kind of ruins the point of playing games, so I hope that helped. :/
thanks alot :)
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

MrDetective wrote:
EternalHeavens wrote:

thanks alot :)
;D
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

EternalHeavens wrote: Somewhat off-topic: I'm really crazing some detective games right now. Does anyone know of any that I can play on the DS, 3DS or PC? Or even the Wii.
I rather liked Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past (don't get the other one, this version has two extra cases in addition to what the original DS release had)
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

Jd- wrote: Thankfully, with the game being confirmed fully playable, we presently have no plans to issue another version. Due to the sheer size of the game, we expect a few typos here and there but hope they won't hamper anyone's enjoyment of the game. Thanks for the heads-up still!
Well I'll keep note of them anyway - I figure if you -do- decide to release another version, having a list of fixes on hand would be good!

Although I really think that explaining how to draw certain numbers/etc would be helpful in-game, probably at that 'select' popup you push that has a bunch of blank pages post-DCTP background on the first two pages.
Crazybluereview

Post by Crazybluereview »

Just finished chapter 1. Some questions (Chapter 1 spoilers)
Spoiler:
Does logic meter ever recover throughout the game?

Also, is there really no way to check evidence during the letter / writing bit? it sounds like you do that more than once in the game.

Also if this is the final build that's cool, but I noticed on the proving the lady was the killer; on the question "The other thing that told it wasn't yamamoto was" When i go to testimony--man in yellow coat it mentions nothing about the hat. I guessed hat as i remembered the guy was a hair freak but shouldn't that piece of evidence mention that hat part of the testimony?
Otherwise, I'm enjoying the game ;D
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

EternalHeavens wrote:
Max1996 wrote:I completed the Kindaichi half of Chapter 7, total time now 16H 56M and 96%.

Somewhat off-topic: I'm really crazing some detective games right now. Does anyone know of any that I can play on the DS, 3DS or PC? Or even the Wii.
Wii: Disney's Guilty Party
DS/3DS: Ace Attorney series, Professor Layton series, Rhythm Thief, Zero Escape series, Doctor Lautrec
PC: Batman Arkham series, Famicom Tantei Club Part II (okay I cheated, this was originaly on another console but you can play it on an emulator since it has been fan-translated)
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

MrDetective wrote:
EternalHeavens wrote:

Wii: Disney's Guilty Party
DS/3DS: Ace Attorney series, Professor Layton series, Rhythm Thief, Zero Escape series, Doctor Lautrec
PC: Batman Arkham series, Famicom Tantei Club Part II (okay I cheated, this was originaly on another console but you can play it on an emulator since it has been fan-translated)
Thanks a bunch~! I think I stopped playing the prequel to Zero Escape (999) cause I was such a scaredy cat xD I don't deal well with scares. Apparently Zero Escape was toned down though, since there were others who thought it looked scary. I might try 999 again... During daylight hours.
I've played all the Ace Attorneys up to date, including the two Miles Edgeworth Investigations games. I hope the newest AA comes out soon... Also played all Prof. Layton games on DS. Currently playing Miracle Mask, and waiting for a cheap Azran Legacies to find itself on Ebay. In the middle of Rhythm Thief, which I think is way too short for my liking. I'll have a go at Doctor Lautrec once I get my hands on it... I'll try the rest too.

O.o.... Maybe I should've said what Games I already played. xD

EDIT: Apparently Doctor Lautrec isn't particularly good according to reviews.
EDIT 2: Apologies for going off-topic in this Kindaichi & DC discussion thread...
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

So since you're not going to release another version of the game, do we need to report the typos anyway?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Apologies for the delay in responses. I'll continue to provide some support/answer questions every few days for the time being.

As for writing sections: If for some reason you cannot pass one, you may click "Cancel" and take a small hit to your logic points.
Digitsie wrote:Well I'll keep note of them anyway
Incomplete-tantei wrote:So since you're not going to release another version of the game, do we need to report the typos anyway?
Feel free to send me a PM here on the forums with any such concerns. Should the (increasingly unlikely) proposition arise to update the game in some way, we'll take them into account. To be upfront, though: We have no intention of doing so right now. As was stated pre-release, we expect minor issues of the kind given this game has almost 500 scripts which amount to more dialogue than all 19 Conan movies combined (easily).

While working on the game, we developed some ideas and tools for testing that would emulate how scripts would appear in-game without having to play through it all, but the only sure-fire means of knowing how it would appear was to play through it again. As such, given the size, length, and difficulty of dealing with/exploring for technical issues along the way (things that can break without any prior notice just from changing one small thing earlier or later in the game from a given point), we are content with the result and current state of the game.
Crazybluereview wrote:Just finished chapter 1. Some questions (Chapter 1 spoilers)
~
Otherwise, I'm enjoying the game ;D
Logic points reset between chapters.

During the writing sections, you basically always have the information you need on the screen to solve it. Most of them come up spur of the moment instead of being the culmination of the case to that point.

The caselog (puzzle entries excepted) was all translated directly, including that entry. There was nothing to add or change to that element in the game; all I can say is I did not have any difficulty with that keyword/that section and do not recall any testers having difficulty either. However, it is understandable to confuse or conflate certain keywords given how many things are mentioned/shown/demonstrated in such a short amount of time. There are some moments in the game that the original Japanese script could have been less subtle, but we tried not to make the game any less or more difficult to preserve the original game as much as possible.

Glad you are enjoying the game; still a lot of it left to take in!