Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
EternalHeavens

Re: Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post by EternalHeavens »

@Max1996 Nope, not all the keywords. I missed 2 from Conan's and 3 from Kindaichi's. After a replay, I've currently found 1 of the missing 2 on Conan's end.
If you look through the keyword list, you can go through the keywords and see which ones you've missed and which chapters they're in if you really want to and are patient enough to play through the chapters again.
jay90199

Post by jay90199 »

Spoiler: Chapter 2
I am stuck at chapter 2 , I am investigating the library and no one talks to me >:(

I investigated the lobby , archive , backyard , office and do not know what to do next ? ???
I can't leave the library
jay90199

Post by jay90199 »

I got it ! ;D
syuusuke09

Post by syuusuke09 »

can u help me with chapter 3
Spoiler:
what to do with the defusion of the bomb with the linking red lights cant seem to finish that one
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

Don't think this requires spoilers:

The Flowchart at the end of chapter 2 spells 'victim' as 'VI0CTIM'.

Also, jjjewel reported a possible error (which -might- be a spoiler) for chapter 4 here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/meitantei-co ... st-5556567

Another typo, at the end of Chapter 2
Spoiler:
Re: the Misa Look-alike revelation: "Uncle... the woman we saw last night... she's in front us!
Hope that's of use!
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

syuusuke09 wrote:can u help me with chapter 3
Spoiler:
what to do with the defusion of the bomb with the linking red lights cant seem to finish that one
Spoiler:
you have to make sure both of your chips aren't on the flickering red lights
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

A quick response to the Chapter 6 discussion:
Spoiler: Chapter 6 Puzzle Spoilers
As with most of the others, our clock puzzle is different from the original. The original Japanese version relies not on playing cards but the Chinese Zodiac, with positions for the "rat", "sheep", "rabbit", etc., used to indicate the time. The original is quite a difficult puzzle even with passing familiarity of the subject matter, so obviously we went with something a little more international.
Digitsie wrote:Don't think this requires spoilers:
~
Hope that's of use!
Thankfully, with the game being confirmed fully playable, we presently have no plans to issue another version. Due to the sheer size of the game, we expect a few typos here and there but hope they won't hamper anyone's enjoyment of the game. Thanks for the heads-up still!
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

@ Jd-
Spoiler: Chapter 6 spoilers
Is it alright if I ask what the Japanese version clock riddle was? I like figuring out Japanese riddles as well. :)

I think you did a great job with the clock puzzle if some people were getting a little confused with it :D
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

Lots of Chapter 6 discussions, eh? *is curious* *___*

Anyway...
Spoiler: Chapter 3 (Completed)
Not that much to add from my previous progress post since it was just all deductions left for me to finish...

Detective Rank: S
Keyword Completion: 45%

Ah! Unlocked the Skateboard Game! \o/ xD
Spoiler: My Best Times so far... :v
Spoiler: Chapter 4
Detective Rank: B (why..... D: OTL)
Keyword Completion: 57%

Not-so-Game Comments:

— I just noticed while playing the Chapter that Ayumi is not speaking in third person. xD yay(?)
"Yeppers", "Wellpers"... Wonder whose speech were those... ::) xD

Sort-of-Game Comments:
Spoiler: — The 'Third Finger'
It was bugging me that the ring finger was called the third finger... <.< See here for the closest explanation that satisfied mahself. xD
— Losing a ring after being hit-and-run... Thanks to Kindaichi, I don't have to test if that was even possible... I mean what... xD
Let's see if I'll have time to play the next chapter... >.>
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

Spoiler: Chapter 7 Conan side spoiler
I just realized that the flashlight trick Mayor Hioki used to kill Shige-san is the same as DC Episode 262-263. O.O
@shinichi'sapprentice
Spoiler:
I guess it was called the third finger cause the thumb wasn't counted as a 'finger'?
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

EternalHeavens wrote:
@shinichi'sapprentice
Spoiler:
I guess it was called the third finger cause the thumb wasn't counted as a 'finger'?
Spoiler:
Yeah. That was one of the answers in the link I provided. But why is the thumb not considered a finger..? <.< Though I just realized that it is the only finger that we don't call a 'finger'. There's little 'finger', ring 'finger', middle 'finger', index 'finger', but never a thumb 'finger'. Did I answer my own question..? xD

If you also check back the link I mentioned, one of the answers provided this link which was interesting... xD I'm taking the 'culture' explanation though I hope there was a more reliable source. xD There was also an explanation that incorporated music. They talked about 'fingering' systems when playing instruments where when playing violin/cello, "the fingers on the left hand are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 (with the thumb not included in the numbering). However, piano fingering is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (with the thumb included in the numbering)". Quoted the exact answer there.

On a very completely unrelated note (sort of), Baelish has successfully overthrown the little finger (finger of the human hand) in google search...
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:
EternalHeavens wrote:
@shinichi'sapprentice
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah. That was one of the answers in the link I provided. But why is the thumb not considered a finger..? <.< Though I just realized that it is the only finger that we don't call a 'finger'. There's little 'finger', ring 'finger', middle 'finger', index 'finger', but never a thumb 'finger'. Did I answer my own question..? xD

If you also check back the link I mentioned, one of the answers provided this link which was interesting... xD I'm taking the 'culture' explanation though I hope there was a more reliable source. xD There was also an explanation that incorporated music. They talked about 'fingering' systems when playing instruments where when playing violin/cello, "the fingers on the left hand are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 (with the thumb not included in the numbering). However, piano fingering is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (with the thumb included in the numbering)". Quoted the exact answer there.

On a very completely unrelated note (sort of), Baelish has successfully overthrown the little finger (finger of the human hand) in google search...
Oh, oops xD Didn't notice the link.
I'll just stick with medical science and say that the thumb is not counted as a finger cause it only has two phalanges as opposed to the three phalanges in the fingers. :)

I had to look up Baelish o.o ...I don't watch Game of Thrones.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Spoiler:
Hmmmmm... That makes sense! xD Though it's weird 'coz now I'm just like gonna stare at my fingers and be like, "hello, digit/s". xD ...I've never even given much thought about this before. :v

Regarding Baelish, I suddenly ended up searching 'little finger' for some reason because I don't like referring to it as a 'pinky' :v ...And there's more Baelish results than the actual little finger...

...And I've no idea why I'm putting this in a spoiler box xD
EternalHeavens

Post by EternalHeavens »

Haha~ xD
Detective Conan is making me re-think things and look up things I never cared about. O.o
So if you were to make a 'pinky promise' would you call it a 'little finger promise' :D?
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Haha! Well...... I don't remember ever making a 'little finger promise' to anyone... (Okay except maybe one time when a nephew was asking me to play video games with 'em...... In which I only concurred to so they'll stop asking... <.< >.>)