Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Re: Conan & Kindaichi DS Game Discussion (Use Spoiler Boxes)

Post by Kamite »

Ok I see on the Omakes. How do you "unlock" them? Trying to do a blind run on this.

On other hand what about Easter Eggs? I see two with one being the obvious B'z Shirt and Chapter one and another being a reference
Spoiler:
to Arrested Developtment in another Chapter.
Any way to do this without giving it away?
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@Kamite: not sure. I didn't stumble upon them on my gameplay. Maybe if you come back at these places at some timing you trigger them?
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Hey! I was just notified about this situation. Below should be a rough guidemap for getting you on the right track toward them.

KEEP IN MIND: The omake scenes are hidden in places you would normally skip over, as in you should be trying to talk to everyone at certain opportunities. Most importantly: If you are looking for the omake scenes, do not advance the story at that point before you see the scene in question. You cannot go back to them once they have been missed without playing the chapter over or reverting to an earlier save.

99% Spoiler-Free Guide to Encountering All Three Omake Scenes
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
There are some random DCTP-related and popular culture easter eggs hidden here and there throughout the game. Most of the others are contained within story sections of the game that are encountered in a normal playthrough. Some others may not be noticed for years, if ever. Enjoy!
Eindeh

Post by Eindeh »

@Jd-
Spoiler:
Isn't the scene in chapter 3 at Twilight Lane?
If I remember correctly, Coral Road is for the missable keyword of that chapter instead.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Eindeh wrote:@Jd-
Spoiler:
Isn't the scene in chapter 3 at Twilight Lane?
If I remember correctly, Coral Road is for the missable keyword of that chapter instead.
Yeah, you're right. I've updated the post to reflect that. Thanks!
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

Have we sorted out all the missable keywords?

Far as I can tell:

Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
keyword can be obtained by reaching the end of the skateboarding mini-game during chapter 2.
Beyond that, I'm at a loss. 1, 3-7?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@Digitsie:
Spoiler:
You're having a confusion: the skateboard mini-game is on Chapter 1 and Chapter 5. As far as I've tried myself, if you get to the goal within the time limit then you unlock the keywords (Turbo Engine Skateboard for Chapter 1 & Concern for Ran for Chapter 5).

Other missable keywords:

Chapter 3:
After disabling the bomb in the Shopping Mall, stop by Coral Road. Then you'll see the mother of the girl in Ch4 who tells you she's gone missing. You'll get a keyword about that. "Missing Girl".

Chapter 4:
When you're at the shrine (after the DBs rescue you from the storeroom), drop by Twilight Elementary. Obtain keyword "2 Elementary Schools".
When you're told to go the Shopping Street from the alley where the dead man is at, instead go to the Diner. Obtain keyword "Miners' Gathering".
When you're in the forest (after stopping the fake mother from kidnapping the girl), stop by the Inn. Obtain keyword "Inn and Girl".

Chapter 6:
When you control Conan in the chapter, go to Twilight Lane. You'll meet the Fukado owner and will speak about Shige, the policeman. Obtain keyword
"Officer Kumada's Latest Status".

Regarding Chapter 7, I didn't miss any so... I think you should properly speak to everyone and fully investigate the scenes.
I hope the above was of help.
Eindeh

Post by Eindeh »

Spoiler:
Ah, I posted the list of missable keywords on GameFAQs a while ago, but forgot to mention it here. There is still one more: In Chapter 2, if one do not choose "About Miyuki" at any point during the conversation with Conan, than the keyword "Caller's Advice" will be missed.

There is no missable keyword in chapter 7 (both sides), in case you're wondering.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@Eindeh:
Spoiler:
I see.
I made that missable keyboard list using a Japanese walkthrough which was very useful to complete the keywords I lacked.
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

Ugh, playing the whole chapter again just to find the keywords... can we just, like, save after finding the missing keywords, then start the next chapter immediately rather than play to the end?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

@Digitsie: you can. I tried it out, and if you save and select "End Game" you'll return to the main menu. If you then go to "Keywords Obtained to Date" then they'll show up in the list. I only played them to the end because I wanted to improve the final ranking of some of them.
Breakfast

Post by Breakfast »

Hi, thanks for translating the game. It's so long it must have been so hard to translate. Wish it weren't SO long >_<

How is everyone enjoying the game? I couldn't figure out 2 of the advance bomb notice notices but thank god for this thread.
I want to find out what's going on with the 2 Twilight Islands but I'm stuck at this puzzle in Chapter 5, could anyone help me with it?
If only there were some clues or a skip puzzle function so I could continue on with the story. Many thanks!
Spoiler:
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Been a while since I finished the game, so I may have forgotten. Is it or is it not possible to move the tiles while the ball is moving in them?
Breakfast

Post by Breakfast »

Aaaaa!!! I never knew you could move the piece the ball is on! I kept moving the pieces around haphazardly and solved the puzzle, not sure I want to try it again. :D Thanks!!
tepiestar
do manly girlie men really exist?

Post by tepiestar »

i finally found time to play again!!!

Chapter 6 if I remember correctly where I left off.
Spoiler:
Is there any way to skip disarming the bomb in chapter 6? Kindaichi has just solved the 25 years ago Mayor & Wife murder in the storage room and the 3rd floor hidden room. He's trapped in the shed, and trying to disarm the bomb.

But simply, my hand eye coordination sucks. I can't disarm it. And I'm just at the fans part. The blue/red keeps touching the fans or edges. And there are 2 more parts of the disarming. Any other hints or tips? Thanks.