Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 898)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 775)

Postby Jecka » May 9th, 2015, 9:59 am

char13happy wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Kudo Shinichi Aquarium Case
"I'm sure nothing will happen at an amusement park." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's practically the best line for the entire case.

Ah, irony~
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Kor

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 775)

Postby Kor » May 10th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Detective Conan Nippon Television '15 / 05/02 (Sat) 18:00 - 30 7.7%

Still not really good, but a rise from 775's 6.9%

As far as the show before it goes, we can see it got 3.6% during that week.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 776)

Postby Nemomon » May 12th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Episode 776:

Spoiler:
Not a bad episode, too. The previous episode was much better, this one was just to end things. Not really surprised who the Mr. Head was, but maybe even it was better that she was near the other characters. If the Mr. Head would be somewhere else in another room, Conan probably would be unable to catch him. And then the whole series would explode - it is pretty rare for Conan NOT to catch all of the culprits.

And we also had a youngster dying in here. Pretty funny considering that recently we were discussing that the series avoids killing young people. And now we even got a combo; not only he was shot, but also was burned alive. What a malicious twist of irony...

And in the next episode the Conan series becomes a parody of itself... and even one of the characters is confirming that he took the role of Conan... I wouldn't be surprised if it will turn out that he was the killer... too bad I didn't see haibara here - she for sure would continue to tease Conan...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Heliotropic

Postby Heliotropic » May 12th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Spoiler:
Really liked this AO. The song towards the end was a nice treat too. It doesn't happen often enough! If I had to gripe about anything in particular, Ran could have had more involvement in the episode. I don't think it was as good as 775 though, but that cliffhanger really helped.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » May 13th, 2015, 12:38 pm

You don't have to spoiler it if it's been released subbed, guys. Just sayin. :P

I think the song being in 776 is kinda random. It's not that I don't think it should be in there, but I feel like it didn't really add much.
Heliotropic wrote:Ran could have had more involvement in the episode. I don't think it was as good as 775 though, but that cliffhanger really helped.

This. Ran was just there, like a robot. She literally did nothing and only got like 4 lines. :P 776 was pretty weak overall, but I wasn't expecting much. And yeah, the cliffhanger to 775 made me like the case a bit more than expected.

*Jecka sobs

Kor

Postby Kor » May 13th, 2015, 1:03 pm

The mystery pacing could have been better. 775 was all about establishing the conflict, the characters and their personalities, but didn't really helped in much regarding the mystery Kogoro needed to solve. Then in 776 it was mostly a deduction episode, but all the clues flew by really fast.
I do have to say the cheesy resolution felt a bit like a parody. The woman is agonizing over losing her son whom she had when she was 15, and then he found his way back to her and joined her thieves group, and then he died, but he also managed to have the last words of "stop doing this mom". It was all just... really stupid even by DC standards.

And for some reason Sato is holding Conan's skateboard at the shot near the end :V
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Gravity Falls is real and it will never die

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 16th, 2015, 3:59 am

Episode 774: Munch's Missing Scream

I thought I heard this Opening before (not as in a previous episode, just someone posted it...) but I remember not liking it this much. Granted it's not that great, but I at least like it more than the other Breakerz songs they've used. I think because it wasn't generic happy or generic sad song. Honestly, I've heard 5 Breakerz songs, which is like 3 more than anyone has ever needed to.

The case was fairly interesting and unusual. It did keep me invested through the whole thing, which I can't always say for AOs (I assume this is a prequel story for Movie 19). That being said, this guy is an idiot. I dunno, I can't wrap my head around justifying a crime as stupid as "I REALLY WANTED TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH A FAMOUS PAINTING".

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 1
Glover is a video game. It exists! Watch me play it, it will probably improve your life! (note: not scientifically proven to improve anyone's life) : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252&p=877745#p877730

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Startold

Postby Startold » May 16th, 2015, 9:10 am

Episode 778
Spoiler:
I wasn't expecting much since the episode was written by Tatsuro Inamoto (the culprit behind episode 767), but still. Crappiest episode since 774. Not interesting, nor entertaining.
悪いな・・・これはついさっき受けた・・・あの方直々の命令だ・・・
Nemomon

Postby Nemomon » May 20th, 2015, 7:30 am

Episode 777:

Spoiler:
I thought this episode will be a parody of the series, and in a way it was. And it was super easy to work out who the culprit is... Not to mention that culprit openly on the street admitting that he committed a crime, and soon will commit it once again, perhaps is something that might happen only in Japan... or only in DC originals.

All in all this episode was a crap, the only nice part was when the adults and DB compared themselves. Other than that, it was a same bad episode as the comedian who turned himself in. Or even worse...

Jecka wrote:You don't have to spoiler it if it's been released subbed, guys. Just sayin. :P

A stupid habit, it seems... ;)
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 777)

Postby kentasaiba » May 20th, 2015, 9:42 pm

I think 777 is on rank 3 of the worst fillers all time. Short behind 588 and 591.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » May 21st, 2015, 1:27 am

I hate 777, hate it with a passion. The old people were more annoying than the DB and the ending was so predictable and easy to figure out.

*Jecka sobs

Kor

Postby Kor » May 22nd, 2015, 12:11 am

777 was dumb and really predictable. Its only standing was on the concept of "older versions of the DBs", but the concept itself was also dumb.

THAT SAID, the comparison suggested between the old woman and Ayumi did make me giggle.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 22nd, 2015, 1:01 am

I like how a really stupid AO has caused more discussion than most things. :p
Glover is a video game. It exists! Watch me play it, it will probably improve your life! (note: not scientifically proven to improve anyone's life) : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252&p=877745#p877730

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » May 25th, 2015, 4:19 am

Episodes 775-776: The Manipulated Great Detective

As far as I'm concerned, Shadowman kidnapped Mouri Kogoro. Thus making this the best AO(?) in ages. OMG A RECURRING CHARACTER HAS STAKES!

The police car landed on top of the police car. Amazing.

Well this was really unexpected. I really liked how this case turned out, even if the ending wasn't as strong as it could've been. The first half in particular was great. Just following Kogoro pretending to be a criminal and following other criminals is great entertainment to me. And it's nice that he had real motivation. Motivated Kogoro is best Kogoro. I also like how Megure had to cover it up and then even he got confused on where this was going. Honestly between all of that and even the use of Kimi Ga Ireba this felt like a mini special in a way. It was quite fun. The actual murder mystery wasn't the best but it had enough good, interesting elements and wasn't focused on until the second half so I enjoyed that too. Also, actual interesting suspects! I mean, granted there wasn't a lot to them but what it at least felt like a silly mini criminal organization. I mean, you had the smart one, the tough one, the ugly one and the girl and they all had cheesy code names. It was fun too.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 13 (: DDDDDD)

Nemomon

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 778)

Postby Nemomon » May 27th, 2015, 2:05 pm

Episode 778:

I think it was quite a decent episode. First, we were able to meet yet another detective and inspector. Maybe they will return... Second, the murderer was the person who during the whole episode was out of the question. In a way this case reminds me of "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". And the case itself also was not bad. A murder to cover another murder. The only inconsistency I can see is why the victim called the murderer to a highland if he actually lived in his house and had plently of time to suggest him to turn in to the police.