Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 881)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
usotsuki

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 836)

Postby usotsuki » October 28th, 2016, 7:02 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:-I wish selfie stick was an English specific phrase, so I could hear Megure's voice actor try to say "Selfie Stick" in English. This would've made my day.

PORISSMAN!
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 836)

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 28th, 2016, 6:37 pm

rfsuki wrote:If only Detective Conan's drawings could be as good as Magic Kaito 1412's...

Back when MK1412 was coming out (October 2014–March 2015), I remember people on here excoriating A-1.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
usotsuki

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 837)

Postby usotsuki » October 29th, 2016, 11:11 pm

A-1's infamous, but I thought the animation was fine.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 1st, 2016, 2:49 am

Episode 837: The Unfriendly Girls Band (Part Two)

-No, Conan, it's ok. Your whole world has that level of animation, don't be shocked by this phone video.

-They should've known it had to have been one of them as soon as there were 3 suspects

-Well this is a new one. KNITTING A HAT

-OMG THEY DIDN'T

-DRUMSTICK KNITTING

-Hoarse voiced irony?

-Akai Shuichi is a murderer! ...surprise?

I will say the case was a bit better by the end. Partially because of DRUMSTICK KNITTING. I do like that Amuro clearly wants revenge even after being revealed to be a "good guy". Honestly this whole things is quite interesting. That being said, I feel like the story right now needs some direction. It feels like at least 3 different stories are going on.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » November 1st, 2016, 7:05 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

:'( :'(
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 1st, 2016, 8:48 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:

I'm confused by this reply. I don't feel like this number is notably smaller than average?
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Valentin

Postby Valentin » November 5th, 2016, 11:11 am

Wakarimashita wrote:
Spoiler:
Episode 838 will be much more to your liking then, I guess.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 838)

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 14th, 2016, 3:31 am

Episode 838: Mystery in a Hot Air Balloon

-This is the dumbest thing to fight about it

-Ran and Sonoko's sudden reaction to the event starting was pretty funny

-What a dick! He tried to kill them with a hot air balloon! Who does that?!

-My god that fall...

-Screw you, man! Why should the police give a damn about your stupid award ceremony?

-No, you should still arrest that guy

-Seriously, just arrest this asshole.

What a weird case. I don't even know how to feel about it. Everyone is an asshole and wants to kill people! WITH BALLOONS!

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7

MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » November 14th, 2016, 4:13 am

Killing with a hot air balloon? I haven't seen this episode but that happened in Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Crushed to death.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » November 14th, 2016, 2:07 pm

MoonRaven wrote:Killing with a hot air balloon? I haven't seen this episode but that happened in Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Crushed to death.

In this case though a husband helped his wife to jump... At least officially.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 22nd, 2016, 2:56 am

Episode 839: You Can Hear the Tengu's Voice

-"Ah this sure is nice. It sure would be a shame if SOME ASSHOLES STARTED ARGUING IMMEDIATELY."

-Kogoro's golden business card! :D

-"This wasn't suicide" NO WAY, REALLY?! :O

That case was a case. Wasn't that into it despite the relatively cool setting. Meh.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 840)

Postby kkslider5552000 » November 29th, 2016, 3:13 am

Episode 840: The Last Gift

-Kogoro did a front flip entirely by accident, with nothing in his way that would cause him to do a front flip. Amazing.

-Kogoro is way too amused by himself being supposedly right about a case instead of a small child

-Actually I take it back. After 800+ episodes, Kogoro's reaction entirely makes sense

-I'm pretty sure every other Japanese company has had someone somehow involved in a case by this point

I wasn't super into this case but y'know what? There are times in this series where it's hard to care enough to pay attention all the way through a case. And this one started with me kinda zoning out but after a while I was paying attention for the whole thing. So that alone makes it at least ok as far as I'm concerned. I guess the interesting gimmick this time is the focus on the 3 main characters discussing the thing instead of as much focusing on Conan's and the police's usual investigations.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 841)

Postby kkslider5552000 » December 6th, 2016, 3:29 am

Episode 841: The Rainy Bus Stop

-It should be pointed out as per usual, modern Conan episodes usually look their best in darker settings. When it's bright out, it is too much, especially for a murder mystery series. But this actually makes the style look good.

-This series would hate Occam's Razor, I'm certain

Case was decent. Something about the circumstances of hitting someone with a car and pretending it was suicide, combined with the weather made it an enjoyable enough 20+ minutes.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 15th, 2016, 10:10 am

Am I the only one that find it funny how Episode 842...
Spoiler:
...referenced the name "Wada" and "Anzai", which appeared in the latest chapter(File 982)?

both of these were Remi's fake surnames :P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » December 20th, 2016, 3:12 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:Am I the only one that find it funny how Episode 842...
Spoiler:
...referenced the name "Wada" and "Anzai", which appeared in the latest chapter(File 982)?

both of these were Remi's fake surnames :P

Who's Remi?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)