Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 881)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 771)

Postby kkslider5552000 » March 31st, 2015, 3:39 am

I thought this Mystery Tour case wouldn't have anything to talk about but at least Kogoro points out correctly that you should never be surprised when the nice looking guy is the culprit. :p

Honestly, not much to talk about for this case. Ending was good I guess. Otherwise, I honestly couldn't care, despite in theory it being interesting.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 2
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kor

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 772)

Postby Kor » March 31st, 2015, 6:04 pm

Episode 772.
At the beginning it kinda felt like Kappei was still voicing Kaito instead of Shinichi, but as the episode went, it drifted back into a "Shinichi performance". And most of that performance consisted pretty much of obnoxiously explaining stuff throughout the entire episode. Like, I really found Shinichi annoying in this episode (if that was Gosho's intention, then kudos to him cause it worked). And we still didn't even meet the suspects so obviously there will be a lot of explaining stuff next episode too (hopefully less, though).

The way the aquarium looked was nice, but at times it didn't feel really connected to the character animation/art.
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » March 31st, 2015, 9:09 pm

That pun tho. Also the aquarium looked really nice *_*
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

k11chi

Postby k11chi » April 4th, 2015, 2:38 pm

772 was really well done but are they serious with that black blood? It was flowing out, that's kind of funny...
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » April 4th, 2015, 9:58 pm

k11chi wrote:772 was really well done but are they serious with that black blood? It was flowing out, that's kind of funny...

Spoiler:
Just wait for the next one :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » April 4th, 2015, 10:20 pm

k11chi wrote:772 was really well done but are they serious with that black blood? It was flowing out, that's kind of funny...

black blood you say?

This image works for 2 reasons, neither of which I will explain!
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

k11chi

Postby k11chi » April 5th, 2015, 2:35 pm

That ink finger in 773...
What's the point of having black blut in the anime when movies and ovas and all have red... Hell even the manga file of this case had red blood no joke.
Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeQUP8tFCIU

But anyway... The aquarium case was freaking awesome in the anime for some reason. If they can keep this up then I'll definitely look forward to some of the upcoming cases (like Kawanakajima and Kamaitachi cases). Sadly the manga is on break so who knows when we'll even get to see those.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » April 7th, 2015, 3:48 am

Conan and Heiji's Code of Love
That title is fangirl bait I swear...

You know Conan, when even the Detective Boys can figure out this easily when you're lying...

I love that the Detective Boys think Heiji is Conan's master.

HAIBARA IS OFFENDED BY YOUR EXPENSIVE BAG

Ok, so I'm mixed on this. On one hand, I enjoyed this from beginning to end. On the other hand, the case was heavily code focused, the direction it went was fairly obvious in the second half and I can't be the only one who hates when dangerous situations turn out to not actually be dangerous. But it was entertaining despite that, mainly because of the characters.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 2

Kor

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 773)

Postby Kor » April 7th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Episode 773 was overall a really great episode, the best we've had in a while (in a long while).

The aquarium shots felt much more dynamic this time around, and everything as a whole looked much prettier and the sense of an atmosphere was stronger. I also liked the shark shots when Shinichi uncovered the culprit (motifs!).
Shinichi was much less annoying this time around, and I liked the moments he and Ran had at the end of the flashback.
Watching the case in the anime gave the feeling of "OMG it's so bloody obvious".

Also, are Yusaku and Yukiko that much of assholes? They are rich, they leave their son in Japan on his own, yet he doesn't get enough allowance for activities D:

All in all, I liked this episode, and for DC, this one was really pretty.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » April 11th, 2015, 4:20 am

Teimuzu River Kite Flying Case

I'm surprised it's taken this long to try to make the Detective Boys something to advertise like this. This is the type of thing I honestly would've expected to have been done ages ago. Amused at Agasa sneaking advertisement into a kite. I mean, I guess the last time I remember his inventions having any recognition was when he nearly exploded Sato by accident so I can see why he might not be getting many jobs lately...

Conan...my god. That is arguably the scariest he has ever looked. I'm honestly mixed on whether I should lol at this or just be very confused. I'm not used to Conan (especially Conan himself) having the comically obsessed and scary about minor curiosity sort of joke in this series. Especially for Conan (though at the same time, it fits almost too well...). No but seriously, this was like a 3 minute scene about obsessing over what song Haibara is humming. XD

And the way it cuts from Haibara finding out about this plan to Conan laughing (even if unintentional) is great.

"Hey, my sister cut her wrists." -how this character makes his introduction in this story about kites

I was kinda hoping this would somehow be the "fell into water and thus died" murder case. "Nope he fell into water, instantly died!" This episode is already silly, might as well go completely ridiculous.

Huh...so the Crunchyroll subs of Magic Kaito used "Kaito the Phantom Thief" and these subs used "Kaito Kid".

IT ENDS WITH A MAGICAL NOTE : DDDDDDDDD

The case was ok. Kinda light compared to most, which is cool (especially for a DB case). Not a ton to it, semi-obvious, admittedly cool "how did the culprit do this?" scenario aside. But the episode itself was goofy and dumb in the right ways, so I really liked it.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 11

Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » April 11th, 2015, 7:43 am

People all over the world rejoice, episode 774 will mark Sonoko's uncle's much needed first filler appearance. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuQJ__AUAA
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » April 18th, 2015, 3:23 am

The Lover Gone Missing in a Snowstorm

AO. FUN. :/

"You're still a child." ...would that count as a double meaning in this case (especially with this being episode 700+)?

They've been somewhat doing this with Haibara lately but I like that Conan also can act like a kid without having to..."act". By getting petty revenge. :D

It says a lot about AOs that Conan and friends have a normal type of fun day in the snow is the way more interesting part of your murder mystery.

Um, this is from the old soundtrack but it's a version that I'm pretty sure is brand new (I'm sure it was from one of the recent movies...). Should I count it? ...I guess not, there's a couple other songs like that that I don't count...

"Why you have a bulb of real garlic?" No, actually, I'd like to know that. Why does Haibara have that?

Well, honestly, that was mostly an ok episode.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6

Kor

Postby Kor » April 21st, 2015, 10:58 pm

Conan got some crappy ratings this week.

Detective Conan Nippon Television '15 / 04/18 (Sat) 18:00 - 30 7.6

I mean, it's not horrible, but it's pretty low for Conan.
I wonder if it's because many of the viewers went to watch the movie instead, or maybe there was something important on that timeslot, or can it be that it's because the new show airing before Conan (the timeslot MK occupied at its time) is simply not a strong show that chases away viewers more than attracting them? (Or maybe it's all the reasons above combined :V)
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » April 22nd, 2015, 2:28 pm

Probably the last one. Denpa Kyoushi is doing badly leaving the top 10 in its 3rd week. Neither Space Brothers, Kindaichi and much less MK did as bad.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Kor

Postby Kor » April 22nd, 2015, 2:55 pm

We'll see next week whether this decrease becomes a trend, or just a momentary spike down and it'd go back to normal.