Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Christcc9

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 888)

Post by Christcc9 »

I felt like I haven't heard the first song played at the beginning of the episode 887 for a long time.
Besides Kid disguised as Agasa was obvious

Is it necessary to put spoiler tags in this topic?
Last edited by Christcc9 on January 24th, 2018, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

As long as you're not talking about things that haven't yet been adapted in the anime, no it's not necessary.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Christcc9

Post by Christcc9 »

Alright, removed it then.
Another thing about the trick box episodes: I noticed Subaru eyes were blue, while usually real Akai's green eyes are shown when he opens them - was it an animation fail?
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Christcc9 wrote:Alright, removed it then.
Another thing about the trick box episodes: I noticed Subaru eyes were blue, while usually real Akai's green eyes are shown when he opens them - was it an animation fail?
Subaru's eyes were green in Scarlet Showdown (783), but his eyes were blue in the 17 Year Old Case (861 and 862) and The Traitor's Stage (866 and 867). So the "fail" would be them not picking an eye color for Subaru and then sticking with it.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Christcc9

Post by Christcc9 »

I was actually hoping he wore colored contacts LoL
Adel34

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 890)

Post by Adel34 »

Episode 890

Yes, I believe the animation got indeed better than the Kaito case (even if it's still not good).

As for the episode itself, there were a few strange things that happened. First of all, why would Conan mention his tranquilizer watch in front of Rumi? He just met her. Second of all, how come he did not suspect a thing when he saw the three robbers knocked out? I was certain he'd say something like: "No, it's impossible to hit them so accurately in the head in the dark", and then give Rumi a suspicious look. But it didn't happen. Both of those things are so-not like Conan... Don't tell me that Conan knows that Rumi is someone he knows in disguise...
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

If you don't think the art/animation for this episode was good, at least for the standards of a long-running weekly series, then your expectations are probably too high. The guy in charge of this episode was Atsushi Aono and he's pretty much the best animation director DC has to offer.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... sushi_Aono
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Wakarimashita wrote:If you don't think the art/animation for this episode was good, at least for the standards of a long-running weekly series, then your expectations are probably too high. The guy in charge of this episode was Atsushi Aono and he's pretty much the best animation director DC has to offer.

Yes, my expectations are indeed too high. But... since I watched the anime from the beginning, I can't help but to compare. I see that Mr. Aono have been working in the animation team for a very long time, but since the standards have changed, I guess he had to adapt... Maybe it's the money, I don't know. I see this "long-running" thing being mentioned a lot. If we follow this logic, then would this mean that in 5 years time the animation will get even worse?
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Adel34 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:If you don't think the art/animation for this episode was good, at least for the standards of a long-running weekly series, then your expectations are probably too high. The guy in charge of this episode was Atsushi Aono and he's pretty much the best animation director DC has to offer.

Yes, my expectations are indeed too high. But... since I watched the anime from the beginning, I can't help but to compare. I see that Mr. Aono have been working in the animation team for a very long time, but since the standards have changed, I guess he had to adapt... Maybe it's the money, I don't know. I see this "long-running" thing being mentioned a lot. If we follow this logic, then would this mean that in 5 years time the animation will get even worse?
It's the staff first and foremost that determines how an episode will look like.
"A lot of people have this common misconception that the quality of the actual animation is based on the production's budget. But in Japan, the TV production world, especially when it comes to anime, generally they all have the same budget. There are really rare situations where some have a little less and some tend to have a little bit more, but nothing that is very drastic. So, in reality, it is based on the staff."
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answer ... 27/.125478

You're probably idealizing early episodes a bit too much. Sure, some of them looked great, and that includes the episodes where Atsushi Aono was the animation director, but others were terrible, such as those directed by Haruo Ogawara.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... uo_Ogawara

And I mention long-running and weekly because it means the staff have to produce a lot of episodes in a short amount of time, which obviously has an impact on the overall quality.

Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Latest ep was good enough for me. Liked the unnecessary spotlight on Rumi near the end, this series could sure use more visual liberties like that, even for seemingly silly moments.
Also I feel like this case was waaaaay more digestible in anime form than it was in manga form.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Wakarimashita wrote:You're probably idealizing early episodes a bit too much. Sure, some of them looked great, and that includes the episodes where Atsushi Aono was the animation director, but others were terrible, such as those directed by Haruo Ogawara.

Now that you mention it, as soon as I saw the episode titles, I could recall that the characters looked... well... different in those. I guess I was not so much idealizing as generalizing.
Wakarimashita wrote:And I mention long-running and weekly because it means the staff have to produce a lot of episodes in a short amount of time, which obviously has an impact on the overall quality.
Okay, I get this, but I repeat my question - In your opinion, is the animation going to get even worse in 5 years time or is it going to be similar to what we have now?
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Adel34 wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:You're probably idealizing early episodes a bit too much. Sure, some of them looked great, and that includes the episodes where Atsushi Aono was the animation director, but others were terrible, such as those directed by Haruo Ogawara.

Now that you mention it, as soon as I saw the episode titles, I could recall that the characters looked... well... different in those. I guess I was not so much idealizing as generalizing.
Wakarimashita wrote:And I mention long-running and weekly because it means the staff have to produce a lot of episodes in a short amount of time, which obviously has an impact on the overall quality.
Okay, I get this, but I repeat my question - In your opinion, is the animation going to get even worse in 5 years time or is it going to be similar to what we have now?
Probably similar. I guess it will depend on who is working on Conan in 5 years time.

kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

I have to say, Since I just watched the new episode, the art is spot on, like The best animation in a while, I am impressed!
I loved the animation a lot, and I hope whoever is responsible for this quality to stay because I would enjoy watching more episode with this kind of animation quality!
Wonderful Job, I am very satisfied!
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Episode 889: The New Teacher's Skeleton Case (Part One)

-Are we gonna discover the new teacher is actually a skeleton?!

-STOP TALKING OVER EACH OTHER, THE SUBTITLES ARE GONNA COVER EVERYTHING!!!

-"What kind of influence will she have?" Based on this, she will cause the children to laugh at people's misfortunes more.

-Conan is the worst at hiding his identity

-Ok, is Conan just gonna have flashbacks every few cases now? This is starting to get a bit silly.

-Maybe this is because we're actually running out of people in the area to be either A. murderers or B. dead

-I almost forgot about Shiratori and Kobayashi. I can't even remember the last time that was brought up for any real amount of time.

-The least believable thing about this episode is that after Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko were so interested in Conan dealing with Kid, that NONE of the kids are asking any of them about an actual skeleton. There is no reality in which the kids would entirely ignore them and doubly so when you start your episodes with kids being overly excited about their friend dealing with a different interesting thing.

-Ok, I did laugh a bit at Genta just assuming it was Barbeque Sauce AGAIN for no good reason.

-I'm pretty sure Detective Conan has more mystery characters than some other series have characters

-Ominous music for...walking down a hallway...ok...

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 2
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Episode 890: The New Teacher's Skeleton Case (Part Two)

-It'd be funny if them being unable to crack the code was the end. "well we're not gonna figure it out, so the audience better! BYE!"

-Oh oh I know about the three X's! It means it's basically a blank space to put something in. Thank you for that info, XXXHolic! ...I'm not sure that's what it's going for but y'know...

-Of course! The murderer is Ebisu, Konohamaru's teacher from Naruto! I knew it!

-I was hoping characters would just keep showing up. Megure: "Yeah, I knew he would be great for the job. I'm here also for some reason." Satou: "Me too. I was in the neighborhood." Araide: "Where am I? How did I get here?!" Kamen Yaiba: "I'm not even a real person, this isn't possible in this universe."

-RIP Shiratori

-No, I'm not ready!

-"Why didn't you invite me?!" was gonna be my joke, until she actually said it. Amazing.

Well that was exactly what you would expect. This sure was a Detective Conan case with Japanese characters I can't read and a new character being unexpectedly(?) badass at the end! I can say that for certain.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55