Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 881)

Post by kentasaiba »

Well, we don't know how the silver bullet works. Even with the APTX, Haibaras and Conans heads looks huge. Maybe Mary already took the drug.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Adel34 wrote:I'd like someone to confirm this whether I understood it right... Did Shuichi really punch his mom in he face??? And she punched him back??? And why is Shuichi so mean to Masumi? I mean it's the first time he saw her and acts like he doesn't give a damn. I liked Shuichi as a character until this episode. Now it's too messed up.
Uh, iirc Mary hit him first and he back and they traded blows.

Shuichi is not mean to Masumi, he just rather cold to her. Not very nice, sure, but on the other hand, it's a sibling you have never met and you have just had a nasty fight with your mother (both physical and emotionally), who disapproved of all your life choices. So yeah, Shuichi probably wasn't in the best mood when he first met Masumi, since that fight was very recent. But as the situation goes on, later in the episode, he tries to get her playmates, he is much nicer and open to her in general, and makes her feel important and not left out by also giving her a task; they didn't have the best start, but once Shuichi got out of his bad mood, imo, he made up for that.
kentasaiba wrote:Well, we don't know how the silver bullet works. Even with the APTX, Haibaras and Conans heads looks huge. Maybe Mary already took the drug.
That's just the art style for child characters, other children like Ayumi and Maria have the same type of head.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Serinox wrote:But as the situation goes on, later in the episode, he tries to get her playmates,
Also known as "getting his sister to stop bothering him by having her be with other people".
he is much nicer and open to her in general, and makes her feel important and not left out by also giving her a task
He has her do something after telling two random kids to do something first.

Not much of a spoiler but just in case
Spoiler:
And in the rest of the case, he doesn't interact with her after that point, so it hardly seems like he's much nicer. He interacts more with Shinichi than with his sister.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Adel34 wrote:I'd like someone to confirm this whether I understood it right... Did Shuichi really punch his mom in he face??? And she punched him back??? And why is Shuichi so mean to Masumi? I mean it's the first time he saw her and acts like he doesn't give a damn. I liked Shuichi as a character until this episode. Now it's too messed up.

Also, aside that, Mary looks deformed as heck. Her head is too small and her body is too big.
But why would shuichi act any different to Masumi ??? He's not acting like a bastard or anything really. He's just bothered by Mary.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Serinox wrote:Uh, iirc Mary hit him first and he back and they traded blows.
I see. This situation is still messed up, though.
Serinox wrote:Shuichi is not mean to Masumi, he just rather cold to her. Not very nice, sure, but on the other hand, it's a sibling you have never met and you have just had a nasty fight with your mother (both physical and emotionally), who disapproved of all your life choices. So yeah, Shuichi probably wasn't in the best mood when he first met Masumi, since that fight was very recent. But as the situation goes on, later in the episode, he tries to get her playmates, he is much nicer and open to her in general, and makes her feel important and not left out by also giving her a task; they didn't have the best start, but once Shuichi got out of his bad mood, imo, he made up for that.
I don't get it. Even if he was in a bad mood because of his mom... it's his very own sister who he has never seen until now. And she's just 7 years old, too. I just can't understand how can someone be so indifferent in such a situation. Shuichi seemed emotionless, even Masumi got the idea, so she was trying to make him laugh.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Episode 880: The Detective Boys and the Haunted House

-This is actually a promising title. The Detective Boys are almost always at their worst when they're just in a normal murder mystery, so a Scooby Doo sounding episode title is a good idea.

-*sees yellow light for a split second* OMG IS IT A GHOST?!?!?!?!

-Hahaha, I was gonna make a post saying that his wife "looks like a Yellow light" to imply he thought she looked like that that when she was alive. BUT THEN HE ACTUALLY SAID IT. YES! There is nothing better than when your intentionally stupid jokes and assumptions end up being exactly what happens.

-"You know there's no end to cases where someone takes advantage of an elderly person's feelings." Mitsuhiko's in a genre-savvy (specifically this series-savvy?) mood tonight. Though "old person is an asshole victim" has so thoroughly overshadowed most other Conan scenarios to me that I'm honestly not sure if he's actually correct about this.

-"Maybe someone will make some eel juice" Y'know, at some point I'm expecting this eel thing to become so overdone it actually wraps around to being funny.

-We need more stories where Conan is able to PREVENT someone from dying

-YOU MESSED WITH A WOMAN'S WHEELCHAIR AND ACCIDENTALLY CAUSED HER TO DIE BECAUSE SHE FOUND OUT YOU STOLE THINGS AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. WHAT?!

This was actually a decent little episode. Kept my interest, had a not boring scenario, paced better than many AOs. Kind of a sweet ending too...I guess? It was enjoyable.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 5
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

kkslider5552000 wrote:We need more stories where Conan is able to PREVENT someone from dying

Might as well put all that knowledge and experience to use in an active way, rather than in a reactive way.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:We need more stories where Conan is able to PREVENT someone from dying

Might as well put all that knowledge and experience to use in an active way, rather than in a reactive way.
Reminds me of when Araide showed his promising resolve.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

No one will believe me but something weird and extremely weird. If the mijin shukishi is concered about kouji, why he didn't concered about his father tsutomu. That's one of the most weirds things. SECONDLY, why now from all this time, conan remerbered her mother?

All these things make me ensure that there is no plan, just making new character without any plan and no other than this reason
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 881: The Magician of the Waves (Part One)

-Literally everyone seeing this title would assume it's a Kid case out of context

-Ok I heard about this. Yeah, we're starting off exactly where...2 episodes ago ended at. That's dumb scheduling.

-"10 years earlier" *plays song from 2007 soundtrack* I don't care if it was unintentional, it made me happy.

-TINY SERA : DDDDDDDDDDDD

-"I found a pretty decent job" Please tell me it's cooking related

-Tiny Sera is the best character

-I'll be honest, smug actual child Shinichi is way more endearing than Conan. This is great. Also, props to Minami for always getting this right, there's a subtle difference from how Conan ever sounds. The whole thing would be pointless if the acting wasn't done right.

-SHUICHI WAS A CLOWN ALL ALONG

-I dunno what happened with the Detective Boys, because Gosho is clearly still good at writing kids, based on this.

-Shuichi just threatened to gouge someone's eyes out in public. AWESOME!

-SUDDENLY, CAR

-Ok but wait! So characters are always shocked and scared and horrified by these murders after having seen hundreds of them, but Shinichi is already just like "meh". WTF?!

Well this episode was great. It's almost like when you focus on the actual characters for a while, it's a good idea or whatever.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 3
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 882: The Magician of the Waves (Part Two)

-"They were both wearing ski masks" In this weather?! Ridiculous

-"Only my wallet remained" How...random? What, did she pickpocket it, and then put it there as if to say "I could've taken it if I wanted to"?

-"She took the car without me. Unfortunately we both live on the other side of the country. I will have to walk there. I may die. ...why did she want to marry me again?"

-"Where's the rubber boat?" "She knew I would use it as a backup to try to row my way back home, so she stole it, unlike my wallet. WHAT, DOES SHE EXPECT ME TO DRIVE MY WALLET HOME?!"

-I'm having way too much fun with this one-off couple who we will never see after this episode is over

-Well Yusaku's helping, time to solve this case in a minute

-"Case closed" Two times so close together. I want to believe this is a nod to Crunchyroll both having the anime and the dub name still being used. It's not, I'm sure. The only reason I even hope for that is that they don't actually say it much usually.

-Thief smart enough to know exactly why wearing the watch was bad...not smart enough to watch where he's driving. Ok.

-"It means starting today, I'm your father." ...uh...that's...um...a weird way to put it

-"Hey, you're a magician" No, that's the other Gosho created series

This case was really fun. I mean, unsurprising the plot and the characters surrounding it stole the show. I am curious though. They're so clearly stating a lot of the answers to some of these mysteries, so that makes me really wonder what they're not saying about this. I'm certain there's more to this, I'm just not sure what exactly.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 4

AKAI REI

Post by AKAI REI »

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:No one will believe me but something weird and extremely weird. If the mijin shukishi is concered about kouji, why he didn't concered about his father tsutomu. That's one of the most weirds things. SECONDLY, why now from all this time, conan remerbered her mother?

All these things make me ensure that there is no plan, just making new character without any plan and no other than this reason
Well as someone who reads even the manga i can tell u that there are plans.
Spoiler:
As we can see from Mary's dialogue in the Kyoto arc.
So, instead of making assumptions it's better to wait and see what happens. ;D ;D
Haibara & Aika ryona

AKAI REI wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:No one will believe me but something weird and extremely weird. If the mijin shukishi is concered about kouji, why he didn't concered about his father tsutomu. That's one of the most weirds things. SECONDLY, why now from all this time, conan remerbered her mother?

Well as someone who reads even the manga i can tell u that there are plans.
Spoiler:
As we can see from Mary's dialogue in the Kyoto arc.
So, instead of making assumptions it's better to wait and see what happens. ;D ;D
In my own society life, then it is so hard to believe that this is a plan for this. Anyway, for you I will say that let's hope that there is a plan, even if I don't think so, and even if i hate Manga :)
AKAI REI

Post by AKAI REI »

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:In my own society life, then it is so hard to believe that this is a plan for this. Anyway, for you I will say that let's hope that there is a plan, even if I don't think so, and even if i hate Manga :)
Well, that's good enough for me. 8-) 8-) ;)
Haibara & Aika ryona

It been a while for my final post, surely that no one is missing me here, and want to not see me but anyway, mister akai rei, well nice answer.

Furthermore, can I ask something?

What are the point from Heiji meeting with Bourbon? nothing if you asking me; because he did meet jodie in one very good episode, then met with kir's brother, then with sera, now with bourbon, next with Rum, but where are the point? I don't know