Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 881)

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Christcc9

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 866)

Postby Christcc9 » July 20th, 2017, 11:14 am

Ep 864: Does Gin still want to get rid of Kogoro since the Black Impact series? Or is it for another reason
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » July 20th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Christcc9 wrote:Ep 864: Does Gin still want to get rid of Kogoro since the Black Impact series? Or is it for another reason

I don't think so at all. He understood that Kogoro was listening to the match of the horse racing
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » July 21st, 2017, 3:24 am

We don't know yet: he feels like Kogoro has gotten involved again in a case related to them so he's suspicious.

Whether he'll take action or not we don't know yet.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » July 24th, 2017, 6:16 am

Spimer wrote:We don't know yet: he feels like Kogoro has gotten involved again in a case related to them so he's suspicious.

But it is reasonable to assume that he intends to take some form of action(or that cliffhanger would be pointless).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Christcc9

Postby Christcc9 » July 24th, 2017, 6:34 am

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
Christcc9 wrote:Ep 864: Does Gin still want to get rid of Kogoro since the Black Impact series? Or is it for another reason

I don't think so at all. He understood that Kogoro was listening to the match of the horse racing

That's what I've assumed too.

Spimer wrote:We don't know yet: he feels like Kogoro has gotten involved again in a case related to them so he's suspicious.

Okay I thought I was misleading something there, thanks

MeiTanteixX wrote:

But it is reasonable to assume that he intends to take some form of action(or that cliffhanger would be pointless).

Yeah and even despite Vermouth's request he won't leave Kogoro alone...
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 867)

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » July 24th, 2017, 10:03 am

When I saw the idea of how she make him goes up using the seat of the theatre, It was a nice way, even if I have feeling that it little bit similar to the The Legend of the Mysterious Five Storied Pagoda which was a really crime before.

Let's back to this episode, I liked firstly the idea of how she used the seats but when I saw the entire episode, then ....
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » July 25th, 2017, 3:05 am

Episode 866: The Traitor's Stage (Part 1)

-OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 39: Rock Me Asaca-deus

-"No one likes ads" is the most consistent message of online ads nowadays. It is so weird.

-A FLASHBACK TO A THING THAT MATTERS : DDDDD

-RED BLOOD? IN MY CONAN ANIME?!

-The singing in the opening is infinitely lamer after an intro like that

-OK, sincere question. Do BO members do anything other than prevent people from finding out about the organization? Are they actually accomplishing things or are they just permanently occupied with things potentially being leaked?

-Okiya Subaru was introduced in the anime in 2008. Sera and Amuro in 2012. I think this series...might be a bit slow paced. Maybe it's just me.

-What an awkward and specific question!

-DRAMATIC SLOW MO TOWEL DROP

-OKIYA SUBARU: J-ROCK FANBOY

-This guy's eyebrows are probably detachable for use as a comb

-HI BOURBON. This won't be awkward at all I'm sure!

-Azusa is totally Vermouth-Oh they're saying that already. ...ok

-"They're having a friendly chat"

-"Conan-kun deserves an award for his perfect attendance" Legit lol.

-"I shot him through the heart" And you're to blame. You give love, a bad name.

-If Akai killed him specifically to protect himself, that would be so awesome and messed up.

-VERMOUTH hyping WITH CONAN. HAHAHAHAHA

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 2
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 2nd, 2017, 4:33 am

Episode 867: The Traitor's Stage (Part Two)

OKIYA SUBARU'S POINTLESS CAMEOS EPISODE 40: Untitled

-This guy's vocals in the opening are made so much worse by the seriousness beforehand

-Weird eyebrow dude is staring into your soul

-This is how you know Gosho is innovating. The last musician focused on in a case who got plastic surgery was the CULPRIT. This time it's the VICTIM.

-You know, it used to be just Conan conveniently bringing something up for the adults or occasionally someone bringing up something for so that he suddenly understands a thing that happened. But when random people just bring up things at the right time along with Conan doing it...it's a bit much. I'm expecting at some point in the future we'll have a case where random people keep showing up to talk about oddly specific things relevant to a murder mystery.

-AND NOW THE SAME TO RAN, WHAT IS HAPPENING. Is God giving them a clue at this point, what is this?!

-Wow, Vermouth's performance is WAY different from the original episode. Intentional decision because of it coming from Ran's memory or people being too lazy to check before recording that? YOU DECIDE!

-I will easily forgive the clumsiness of this all if this leads to Ran doing something

-Not so subtle burn from Amuro to Sonoko

-"That's enough evidence for me" I'm not sure this should necessarily be the case, but to be fair, Megure's so used to how this all works that I can't blame him

-AND OF COURSE, THE ONE TIME I POINT THAT OUT...

-How weird that Amuro is part of two of the only suicide cases

-This somehow got darker

Well this was darker than I expected, that's for sure. Case was pretty good, but the strong use of plot is of course what I liked about it. Some of the best balance of it in some regards, though admittedly parts of the mystery felt rushed because of that. I have to admit I'm disappointed that Akai didn't actually kill Scotch, but he kinda did and it's clever how it actually happened. It's still dark and tragic at least.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 3
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

usotsuki

Postby usotsuki » August 3rd, 2017, 7:24 am

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:

"I still haven't cleared Kogoro Mouri from my list." (Gin, end of ep.425)

You were saying?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » August 3rd, 2017, 8:55 am

Alright. I forgot about that statement, I take it back.

Anyway, last AO was meh but I liked the part about the first edition of a Holmes book that Conan was so desperately after, showing his Sherlockian side.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
bash7353

部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Postby bash7353 » August 3rd, 2017, 7:37 pm

The horse racing I think is something that Gin believes, and it is worth noting that that bit's actually true, so it's not like Gin is fooled in any way on that one. Kogorou does in fact listen to the horse racing on the radio. But that doesn't clear Kogorou of the initial suspicion.

The reason Gin becomes weary of Kogorou is because right after visit him, Kir is found to have tracker attached to her. Kogorou is Gin's prime suspect on that one. When Gin finds Kogorou actually listening to an earpiece, he thinks it all fits. But when he later learn he's actually just listening to the radio, that doesn't mean he isn't the one who put the tracker there.

I think you're both right. Gin believes the bit about the horse racing, and at the same time he still suspects Kogorou of having bugged Kir.
"Jo mere uenig du er med nogen, jo pænere skal du tale til dem. Tal om indholdet. Brug tid på indholdet. Forhold dig til det, der diskuteres. Lyt til, hvad der bliver sagt, i stedet for hvem der siger det. Hvis vi skal gøre det her med demokratiet bedre, så starter vi der."
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きる
ことを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » August 5th, 2017, 1:23 am

I thought Akai (and Vermouth) steered Gin thinking that FBI was using Kogoro as a bait?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 27 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 22.8.17 (22nd of August)

The sequel, Leaping into the Dream has gotten its first chapter 13.4.17 (13th April)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » August 5th, 2017, 2:20 am

MoonRaven wrote:I thought Akai (and Vermouth) steered Gin thinking that FBI was using Kogoro as a bait?

At the end of File 504/Episode 425, after Vermouth tried to steer him, his replies were, "I'll leave it at that for now..." and "Kogoro Mori... I don't consider him completely clean just yet."
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Swagnarok

Postby Swagnarok » August 5th, 2017, 1:36 pm

About 869:
Of what I've heard, it takes quite a bit of time for a person to re-load a crossbow after one shot. Yet the baddie in the episode seems to treat it like a gun, where you can get off like six shots in one load.
Am I the only one to think this is kind of silly?
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 8th, 2017, 3:20 am

Episode 868: The Whistling Bookstore

-Bookstores don't whistle!

-I can't wait to see how technically, a bookstore will whistle.

-"It's only natural" More natural than a bookstore whistling anyway

-His apron says BooK. Not "Book", "BooK". There's a good chance that's actually important.

-This has to be Breakerz' worst OP, at the very least. I can't think of another OP I've skipped more. Even Teardrops was at least notably bad. This is just annoying singing ruining decent rock music.

-Holmes nerd Conan is sometimes best Conan

-Oh, I just got the title

-Conan's reacting to that picture because he's confused on WHY IS THAT BUTTERFLY GIANT?! ...no, don't tell him, I'm sure he can figure that out on his own

This was actually decent, but something about it was kinda boring too. No idea how I feel about it honestly. But hey, they at least had someone got away with a crime that makes sense, which makes it improvement over...a certain case from a few years ago.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7