Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Adel34

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 890)

Post by Adel34 »

Episode 891

Is it just me or was the animation in this episode a LOT better than usual? Even the Rumi case. Who was in charge of the animation?
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Adel34 wrote:Episode 891

Is it just me or was the animation in this episode a LOT better than usual? Even the Rumi case. Who was in charge of the animation?
Atsushi Aono—who's considered one of DC's better animators, if not the best—this episode was the first time since he'd been animation director since the early 400s (2005).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Atsushi Aono—who's considered one of DC's better animators, if not the best—this episode was the first time since he'd been animation director since the early 400s (2005).
Oh, wow! No wonder it looked so good. I enjoyed the episode mainly because of the animation (I have no clue what is going on when it comes to the plot...).
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Episode 891: The Meiji Restoration Mystery Tour (Yamaguchi Arc)

-"Then let's do some sightseeing." "It's in our contract to sightsee at least once a year, after all"

-I'm not convinced this is a different duo of police than ones they have met somewhere before in this series. Probably also in an AO.

-Imagine being so clumsy and inept that it's confused for RUNNING FROM THE POLICE

-I appreciate any case that gives Kogoro anything interesting

-Wow, that's the quickest reveal ever. Conan, it's only halfway through part 1, it's too early for this! :V

-Shadowman is just happy his gun is so shiny :D

-"THIS SHOW TAKES PLACE IN 2018 NOT 1996! LOOK AT ALL THE TECHNOLOGY! SMART PHONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" - the Detective Conan anime staff

-You know, I feel they underutilize genuine comedy of Conan pretending to be an actual kid nowadays. So him just suddenly hugging this weird mascot cat is great.

-STOP YELLING AT THE MASCOT BEFORE YOU GET KICKED OUT

-Of course he's video chatting conveniently in front of his new, slick looking car.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 6
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Episode 892

Was that... TWO NEW REMASTERS of songs from the Original Soundtrack? The one playing during the culprit's escape and the other one at the very end? Aside that, the animation was great again. The solution of the case wasn't that good, though. Or maybe it was because I didn't understand the case so well...
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 892: The Meiji Restoration Mystery Tour (Hagi Arc)

-The ShadowMan with the Golden Gun

-Oh cmon! Did no one notice the lines for the "cracked screen" went past the screen? Like it's a bit obvious...

-His real target was the lemons

-She's gonna turn into gold! :o

-Boku Ga Iru! : D

-That car really flew all things considered

-Also that chest opening with coins flying everywhere is straight out of a video game

This was a really good case. One of the better AOs in a while, and it was pretty interesting and well paced.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 12 (!!!!)
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Valentin

Post by Valentin »

Adel34 wrote:Episode 892

Was that... TWO NEW REMASTERS of songs from the Original Soundtrack? The one playing during the culprit's escape and the other one at the very end?
Yes and no. The one from the (exceptionally ridiculous) escape scene was indeed Conan’s Theme ’07 for the first time ever (or, if you include in-story usage of the original version, for the first time since Episode 259 from 2001, James Black’s introduction case). The other one, though, wasn’t some ballad arrangement of the Main Theme, but Epilog from The Raven Chaser (and not for the first time).
kkslider552000 wrote:Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 12 (!!!!)
They really like to play (with) those classic tracks.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

Valentin wrote:
Adel34 wrote:The one from the (exceptionally ridiculous) escape scene was indeed Conan’s Theme ’07 for the first time ever (or, if you include in-story usage of the original version, for the first time since Episode 259 from 2001, James Black’s introduction case). The other one, though, wasn’t some ballad arrangement of the Main Theme, but Epilog from The Raven Chaser (and not for the first time).
Episode 259? That's amazing! Remember that discussion we had about old songs? Maybe they'll surprise us and dig up more gems from the OS. As for the second song, I'm not familiar with movies, could you tell me which other episodes featured this song? Because I don't remember any.
Adel34

Re: Detective Conan Anime Discussion Thread (Latest Subbed Episode: 894)

Post by Adel34 »

Ep. 894.

Wakita's voice ended up being somewhat like I imagined it. I like it. The animation, though, took a turn for the worse yet again.

There's something strange about this case - why didn't the woman ask Kogoro to show his sleeve? She didn't make any remark regarding that she knows who he was.
kentasaiba
Mr. Pickles!

Post by kentasaiba »

He was there with his family, no one would suspect someone with his kids. And she might thougth, that he was with them the whole time.
Zerozaki4869

Post by Zerozaki4869 »

This anime episode was something eye-opening for me. Compare how Wakasa and Kuroda were introduced, with Wakita.
Those two characters look like they're natural, they aren't acting and look at Wakita, his accent and design screams to me that someone who looks very different, sounds very different and has a complete opposite personality is playing Wakita.

Also I don't like this Ashino Woman, it looks like she only came to spy on Wakita. She is probably not the culprit, but she was the only customer who ordered a hard Alcohol(highball). Also Wakita's own admission that, "Family can be complicated." I think Wakita has a complicated family.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 893: The Mystery of the Michelin Starred Restaurant

-A lake, the most exciting thing I've ever seen!

-The most convincing curses are the ones that have a piece of paper that just say "CURSE"

-My immediate guess is its a self-inflicted wound and this is all a giant stunt to get attention to this place

-...maybe they're all in on it?

-He disappeared too! Wow I wonder what mysterious force could be doing this-oh wait it's obviously him escaping because he's suspicious.

-I'll be honest, the idea that one dude could kidnap so many people was not what I would've expected.

-Well time to casually solve a case while this guy is dangerously closed to BEING MURDERED right in front of them

Pretty good case for a 1 episode AO. First half especially for going in slightly more exciting directions than normal.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 8

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 894: The Tokyo-Style Detective Show Next Door (Part One)

-Hahaha Darkest Nightmare and Kid the Sunflower. Cute. Also a perfect representation of the difference in quality between movies 19 and 20.

-Kogoro's memories are in super limited animation apparently. I assume in the movies his memories are tv Conan animation in that case...

-Yeah, unfortunately that's exactly what happened I'm sure. Because we can't change the status quo in even fairly inconsequential ways, god forbid :/

-The ending of the prologue of the episode ended like most epilogues for cases

-AHH! A REMOTELY ORIGINAL CHARACTER DESIGN IN AN AO! I'm scared without boring people in my AO cases, help! ;___;

-wait...oh ok

-False alarm! I honestly didn't know it was a manga case until he mentioned Rum. That explains it, ok. I was worried the AO team were allowed to showcase creativity again. Can't have that!

-I love how out of the many cases he's considered fully responsible for solving, he decides to mention one that Heiji did. Amazing.

-WHAT IS THIS "COLA"?!?! BACK IN MY DAY HERPADERP

-If a 3rd customer comes in soon, bucktooth detective fan here is gonna die. :(

-"Where's the regular guy? I know he's regular so much that I didn't recognize your probably different sounding voice!"

-"Well I doubt any crimes will be happening here" Kogoro hardcore tempting fate over here

-"Customer?"

-Actually this character is angry and obnoxious around everyone, so maybe he's safe

-I'm always suspicious that someone's gonna die, even past the point where someone would die in one of these cases...

-SHE SAID OK OK IN ENGLISH, PUT THE ENGLISH WORDS SHE SAID ON SCREEN CRUNCHYROLL! YOU DON'T NEED TO TRANSLATE ENGLISH INTO ENGLISH, STOP IT. ...ALSO IT'S AN ENDLESS LOOP NOT AN ENDLESS RECURSION OF TIME!

-NO BUCKTOOTH MEITANTEI! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!

-"I've taken your husband's phone! : D" He's so proud of this.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 7

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Episode 895: The Tokyo-Style Detective Show Next Door (Part Two)

-There were 4 songs from the 2007 soundtrack before the OP started

-7 minutes in and I think there's been a minute of original animation. 90s magical girl shows would be blushing at this.

-pfft what was that animation? Well that explains it, they wanted to save it for...her having an over-the-top reaction with her hand for no reason. :V

-Kogoro unintentionally looking like the criminal is pretty funny

-KamenYaibaFan4869

-Terrified Kogoro

-I was hoping for Facedesk Kogoro

-The moral of the story is that you shouldn't steal when you could just yell at your wife instead. ...wait what?

-And thus, status quo!

This case was decent. Kinda feels like one of the simplest cases I've ever seen in the series in a way though. Compared to the more crazy, complicated ones especially, this one was really simple.

Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 13

Valentin

Post by Valentin »

kkslider5552000 wrote:Number of songs from 2007 soundtrack: 13
In honor of such a festive occasion: You’ve even missed two, it’s fifteen altogether.

This episode featured more ’07 tracks than some episodes from 2007. Let’s all take a moment to think about that.